Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Someone Stole...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Can someone help me? Someone stole my meteor strikes and he said he would give me a mount. Then he said it takes a few mins to come. Then i notice i was waiting a hour. Then i looked to my friends list to wisper it's not here, then i knew it. He wasn't my friend anymore. Can someone help me?

I'm pretty sure he was a fire or myth wizard
I am Kenneth DuneWard level 27 soon to be level 28 and please help!

Administrator
This was posted in our Ravenwood Bulletin newsletter:

Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

If the Wizard you are speaking of is soliciting usernames and password, report him immediately. If he is impersonating a KingsIsle employee, report him immediately.

Otherwise reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Apr 10, 2009

i once tried to scam a person to see if it was easy or hard. I was suprized that saying "one treasure card for a mount" got me a quick response. as soon as i took the card and ported i ported back and said " dont get tricked that easily again". i offered to give him back his treasure cards but he asked me to keep them

Explorer
Aug 09, 2009
I am very disappointed in these kids that keep falling for this scam. By the time you are old enough to play this game your parents should have taught you better than this. This falls on the parents more than kings isle. One thing though that could be done by kings isle would be to have a spiral message go out to all the wizards from Headmaster Ambrose when you log into the game giving a warning for our young wizards to watch out for this issue. Pretty much the same message that Lydia Greyrose sent out. Thanks kings isle for making a great and safe game for my kids to play. (THEY LOVE IT)

P.S.
So do I