Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for new items to buy with arena tickets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
It's no secret that the only items worth getting with your arena tickets are the PVP only gear. The colossus is overpriced, and overrated, and fairly ineffective as a pet; as the best PVP pets tend to be the gift card pets that give 5 or 6% resist all.

The outside of PVP gear you can purchase is entirely useless. The level 45 required myth armor is LESS impressive than the level 25 armor that drops off of Pop O’leary.

I understand that KI is focusing on enhancing the gameplay of wizard101, and that PVP has sort of taken a back seat for now, but I feel there are a few quick fixes to drive many more players to play PVP, mostly in what PVP would have to offer for rewards.

I could list a million overpowered items that I would simply love to see as rewards, but the purpose of this topic is for my (and hopefully others’) ideas as to items that are REASONABLE rewards that can be purchased with the arena tickets.

So here are a few ideas that I’ve had that would be really neat to see Dueling Diego sell!
(please note that all of these are just ideas, and most the prices and requirements were just tossed in there for the heck of it)

A deck that can only be bought with arena tickets. It would be a deck with 50 cards max, and every spell would have 6 copies (class and non class spells) with no side deck. This wouldn’t be too overpowered, and would hold the max copies of cards that you can have. 700 tickets and knight status to purchase.

A unique (permanent/40%speed) mount! Perhaps a black dragon, or a unicorn? I’m not picky, I would just LOVE to show off my success in the PVP arena with a unique mount, so that way others outside of PVP would be able to know I’m good at PVP. (This item would have to be non-tradeable, and bound to whichever character purchased it) 1000 tickets, commander status to purchase.

A ONE TIME ONLY training point! That’s right, why not sell a training point through the arena? It won’t make that much of a difference to the gameplay/PVP, but it would be really neat! 1000 tickets, no rank requirement.

Unique weapons/wands! These could range anywhere from no-pip wands, one pip wands, and power pip wands! Just unique wands/weapons that aren’t any more powerful than regular ones, but are unique to only be bought with arena tickets! Once again, It would be really cool to show off your success in the arena outside of the arena. Prices and ranks would obviously vary.

Booster packs! 50 tickets, no rank

Unique Pets that are comparable to the gift card pets! How about seeing a cool Black thunder bat that gives 50 HP, AND a weakness card? I'd love to show off an arena only pet outside of the arena! These would have to be no trade, of corse. 1500 tickets, warlord rank (just going off the magma colossus rate)

So what other items do you think would be great, and REASONABLE for the pvp arena?

Regards,
Ravenfell

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Lol.

1. Different looking commander gear. I hate looking like everyone else. The clothes that you can stitch to are ugly in my opinion. New gear, same statistics.

2. New pets. It'd be nice to have new USEFUL pets to purchase with tickets. The magma is a waste of tickets. That thing is more of a showcase than anything.

Think of more later.