Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips & Hints

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
csillver wrote:
Yea, good question:
I see that you get a new point every 4 levels, but what are the ways to earn them. My life mage is level 10 but cant get a heal other spell till level 12?
Do we have to play mini games and get that last slot, or is that a perk you buy with crowns ? :( Please tell me there's a secret quest somewhere that will enable us to get tps when spells are available?
You get Training Points every four levels until level 20. From then on, you get them every 5. Prospector Zeke has a quest in each world to earn a TP and some major XP. Training points are not necessary for your first school, (so if you're a death wizard, you don't need to buy death spells with training points, but if you wanted to train storm you would have to buy those) but they are needed for any other spells you want to use. There is also a person in Celestia (once you get there) that gives you quests that are very simple, and he rewards you with a TP and XP.
And you can't just learn a new spell whenever you choose to. You have to be a certain level, and for schools other than your primary school, you must have the Training Points to buy them. There is no 'Secret Quest' for you to get TP's, but there are regular quests. Also, the quests from which you can earn TP's don't just become available when you need a TP, they are there when they are there.
Hope this helped,
Sierra Daisystaff, Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
I want to know how you can get pets that "May cast ..." And there's a healing spell of something that it randomly casts. I think that would be the most useful thing, but I can't find out how to do it. Is it something you need to do by training your pet?

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
X3MeowX3 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
I want to know how you can get pets that "May cast ..." And there's a healing spell of something that it randomly casts. I think that would be the most useful thing, but I can't find out how to do it. Is it something you need to do by training your pet?

Sierra,
In order to have your pet have a may cast, say like "May Cast Sprite" or "May Cast Unicorn" You need to see if it can cast these things, I would suggest going to Wizard101's wiki page, search up pets that can cast sprite, and see if you have that said pet. If you have that said pet, or one of them, try to level it up by playing games and letting them eat snacks, they may not get it the first time so you may have to try harder.
Good Luck
Edward Dragonblood, Archmage Theurgist.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

seriously me too!!

I have done that ever since i started playing. AND NOW I'M LEVEL 74!! and i still do it. :P
LOL

Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
try not to heal unless ALL of the healing points will be used (1 or 30 points wasted are usually ok)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2013
I am a initiate necromancer and I have a lot of trouble with bosses because most of them have resistance to death spells. And their minions use other spells which is a real nuisance. I just used to use attack spells, then I started using shields. Then I was even able to defeat some really tough bosses. SHIELDS ROCK!!!
Also I tend to take out the minions first ( sometimes they are toughter than the bosses themselves.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Dont be afraid to ask for help. Wizard102 is not meant to be soloed through the whole way. It is ok to ask for help, why do think dungeons have enough room for 4 people?

SLoan Nightgrove Level 4 Fire

Survivor
Mar 11, 2013
AxelRox2 on Aug 21, 2008 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
Yes, it may make it easier but you dont get as good of drops. Just sayin'. I have fought both ways and get better things from beating them when i beat the minion first. They're also easier to kill.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Sorry if anyone posted these before me -

When doing a dungeon, you can always ask people around you if it is hard. When going into a dungeon always have all of your potions filled up. It is often a good thing to be friends with all the people going into the dungeon with you. Not to be rude to people without text chat but...
* it is always easier to beat a dungeon when you can further communicate with anyone in it with you. (I recently did a dungeon where there was a code that had to be entered using plaques and I was the only one who knew it but the person without text chat who didn't know it wouldn't stop messing with them so i could enter it)

If you have something to sell that is not labeled no auction, then sell it at the bazaar. You get more coins for this, and another wizard can later buy that item.

When selling reagents at the bazaar, always click sell more, then you can see the maximum amount you can get from your item. If the price they are willing to pay for you is not this max, than save it to sell another time (unless you are desperate)

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
i can't seem to use my treasure cards, any suggestions?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The Wise One on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Dont be afraid to ask for help. Wizard102 is not meant to be soloed through the whole way. It is ok to ask for help, why do think dungeons have enough room for 4 people?

SLoan Nightgrove Level 4 Fire
Wizard 101 can be soloed ... and you shouldn't need to depend on others if you have trained your wizard properly. But yes, ASK...don't just jump into a battle. Asking for help is fine, assuming everyone is there to help you is not.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Collect and sell reagents at the bazaar. Sell all gear you don't need; that includes pets as well (they can be sold in any shop in Wizard City (or the shops in any world). All this gold will allow you to buy the best gear possible. And start planning for the next gear level up (i.e., if you are level 10, plan for level 15) early. My newest little wizard isn't even level 10 yet but I have all her level 10 gear and a couple of level 15 items in my bank.
If you want to craft, wait and go back and do it later. Item drops are worth much more the higher level you are, making crafting not a huge drain on your gold.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
Does anyone know how to earn money really fast WITHOUT selling things??? I've gotten to the point where I'm desperate but I've sold all the things that I could! I don't want to have to buy crowns because that would just waste my money. I don't want to do anything terrible either... Anyone please help!

Elizabeth Willowshade
Level 22 Wizard

Survivor
May 13, 2012
well looking at the posts here i noticed some pretty savy players..yes wards (shields) are very important..and yes usually at lower level bosses it is important to remove the minions first..because they may give help to the boss that makes it harder to take them out...shields, blades etc. you have to put some thought into the arrangement of your deck. a large deck is not as important as a well thought out one. some wizards get to high levels with just a 16 card deck..also dont forget you can use a deck that gives you 4 copies of spells and not use the whole thing if you leave empty spaces the deck will still work for you. getting a reshuffle card is a good thing to. and cards that do damage to all used with a giant or monsterous treasure card is also good.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
X3MeowX3 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:

Like someone said, see if the pet can even has that talent. I found out my helephant has the "May cast fireblade spell" and now it can cast fireblades for me. In order to do this, train your pet until it gets that talent.

Hope this helped,
Alexis Sunbringer, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
I just take out the minoins (i spelled it wrong) or weaken the boss and the minoins (again spelt wrong) with either a fire dragon any thing that hits them all For example: Frost giant rain of fire ETC.) Your fellow wizard cody titan hunter (level 52 )

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Your deck doesn't always have to be full. Mine is usually like, a sixth of the way full. Unless I'm fighting a boss.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
I think you should...

1.Get a second school (your main school's spells are free, but ya gotta use those training points. You get 1 training point every 4 levels).

2. Use blades and traps to make more damage.

3. If you are fighting a monster with the same school as you, use your other school. ( for example, v doesn't work, because the monster will have storm resistance. So for me, it would be v)

4. Go to the Bazaar in Wizard City in Olde Town every 5 levels and check for better clothes.

5. Don't trade treasure cards for 'codes'. It's usually a scam, so don't take the risk.

6. Don't try to swear through the filters. The chat log is checked annually, and you will be muted or banned or something if you swore through the filters.

7. Don't give out your real name, e-mail, address, school, etc.

8. Don't report somebody unless they swore through the filters or gave out personal info ( I read the rules, so trust me, your report won't count unless they did one of the two ).

9. Help others, and ask them for help when necessary.

10. Never be rude, it can be really annoying, and it will prevent others from enjoying the game.

Thank you for reading,
Your wizard friend, Mindy Goldpetal

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Someone can post hint or tip or something about good strategy in pvp?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If you are on your first wizard and struggling to raise enough gold to do pet hatching (or anything else), don't waste big time farming for loot. When you level up getting gold becomes much easier, and farming those same bosses becomes crazy easy. Raising large quantities of gold when you are over level 50 becomes much easier.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
if you want to go to a world you don't have just teleport to someone

Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
Yankees15x wrote:
You get training points levels 1,4,8,12,16,2025,30,35,40,45,50.

You can also get them from prospector zeke 1 in each world.

To use them you go to Ravenwood school and pick a school you want to train spells in. Then you go to the teacher and click train. You must get the spells in order. You click on the spell and click train, each spell you learn requires 1 training point. Once you "buy" that spell you are able to put it into your deck.
You can get to level 2025, Then you'd be a good player all right!!!

Brittany SparkleBlossom

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Great Tips! Here are a few of my own:

1) Make new friends if you are just starting! You never know what they can help get you accomplished with.

2) I highly suggest you investing in a membership! This will let you get even more quest when leveling up.

3) Be nice to everyone! You never know, they can crush you in PvP one day.

4) When you handle bosses that you think are a little bit too much, don't be shy to invite some friends to help you.

5) When you can't go any further when doing quest (because of no membership) defeating bosses will help you level up.

6) Look for clothes and items in the bazaar! But just make sure in the other shops that they are not selling it for less.

7) Using clothes and wands (or weapons) that give you boost is a great idea!

8) When battling, the minions will probably hit you the most while defending the boss, so take them out first if you can

9) Don't invest your training points in different schools, choose a secondary school. (If you do at first, at level 12 you can return your training points for free but after that you must pay crowns)

10) If you are fighting monsters with the same school or something, don't worry they may resist but not by much. It can be a pain in the next sometimes though.

So these are a few tips that really did help me out, sorry if there are any repeats haha.

Tara FairyBlossom