Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips & Hints

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2008
5stepstoofar wrote:
I want to bring this blade and trap order to an end. The fact of the matter is it doesnt matter.

Absolutely correct. EXCEPT if you're using a Prism. Always get the Prism down first.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
5stepstoofar wrote:
If you do nothing else plz plz plz
DO NOT MAKE THE PEOPLE FIGHTING WITH YOU MAD
IT GIVES THEM EVERY RIGHT TO FLEE AND LEAVE YOU TO DIE

ya you definatly don't want to do that, i will leave you in a heartbeat

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Lynked wrote:
shouldn't you first take the strongest guy out first, because they use the strongest attacks and take the longest to kill. just thing its easier to kill toughest first, then weakest. still don't agree, look at it like this: if you have 5 things to do, each varying in diffeculty, don't you do the hardest or longest first, so then if the others are tough, they won't get worse. thats my way of thinking though, thats all.

Well the stronger guy isn't nessasaraly the strongest. In Marlybone, on one of the bosses, the minnon was the one who kept killing me and using the tough spells. The boss used really low attacks and the minnon used really high attacks that killed me in three moves unless I had a friend or healed. I know that's your way of thinking, but I just wanted to point something out to you.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
siveon298 wrote:
is there any tips on how to get to any other world cause im stuck in wizard city i want to go to places like moo shu(i did subscribe i just dont know to get to moo shu or kroktopia)

While you are doingg quests in Wizard City you will get a quest that will let you go to Krokotopia. You will first get a quest that will open the Bartleby(i think thats how you spell his name). Then the quest will have you talk to someone in krokotopia i think. Then go in the tree and go the the worldtree thingy. And there you are. it's kinda the same thing with Marleybon and Mooshu.

Amber Sparkleflame
~Find the magic in you~
Level 40 Fire Wizard
Working in Mooshu and Grizzleheim

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
one tip is if you're gold farming, you dont want to do instances, more like bosses you felt are easy, like for instance i thought oyotomi the defiler was easy, so me and my friends like to farm him. if you are farming, unless you and three of your friends are level 50, please i advise you not to try malistaire.

~ use the magic andrew!~
andrew rider lvl 49 death/fire
andrew rider lvl 9 storm/fire

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Even though this topic thing is Tips and Hints this is more like trick. I hope thats ok 8)

when you know you are gonna go against a boss have ONE person go into the battle BY THEM SELVES and then once they are in the battle have friends who you informed about the battle earlier port to you. This makes less guys be in the battle. but you probably shouldnt do this if you are in bosses at like dragonspyre where the bosses are just kinda roaming like all the other enemies because then you will get more attackers.

p.s. sorry about all my mispellings or grammar issues or punctuation things i dont really pay attention to it :P

name: Kymma Hawkstrider lol i know lame name i hit random then picked the first name. p.s.s. i am always on realm sunbird lol cause i am fire.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Dakocow wrote:
Whats the best all round school?
i'm thinking of ice/life.

There actually isn't a best school. All magic schools have their own strengths and weaknesses. Therefore all schools are balanced. For example,
Ice: High defense, weak attack
Storm: Low defense, high attack

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
you can get blue ghost from General Akilles in cyclopes lane

quote=race101]i am not the guy here Lol but i have some hints for ya to.pet hints

.looking for a ghost? try Mooshu to kill a death Oni.

.Ghoul? talk to a tree in mooshu.

ninja pigs,goat monks and spiders can be found in Mooshu in home base. Zeke is there but look for a flag that has a piggle on it.they cost 5,050 gold so save'em up!

Dark fairies...going to have to check with TheJello for them i am pretty sure you have to defeat someone

santa's helper?wait till next christmas and buy crowns

snowman? 2 ways you can get him, defeat Pops o'leary(marleybone) or wait till christmas time(again crowns.)

also be on the lookout for heartsong on Valentine's day she's got a Valentine's day piggle.

hope this helps to find some hidden pets.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
You get a training point every two levels until you reach level four. Then you get one every four levels until you reach level 20. From there on, you recieve a training point every 5 levels.

Other ways to get training points are by walking up to Prospecter Zeke in each world and completing his quests. Each One of his quests give you one training point after you return to him.

The total amount of training points you can get in the game so far are 18. Although, soon to come in summer, the new world, Celestia, will allow you to reach level 60, giving you 2 extra training points and one by Prospector Zeke, but all you can get now is 18.

Training points are points you can use to train on any spell of any school, as long as you are a good enough level to train for it and you have to have trained for each of the spells before it in order to train for that one. You can get training points back by going to Golem Court and speaking to Mr. Lincoln.

Hope I helped :)
WanaksinkLake
October 2, 2009

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Survivor
May 13, 2009
Dakocow wrote:
i would say not ice and life cause ice has the most health out of all schools and you have some healing spells in ice keep up the good ideas guys/girls

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
I agree hit the bosses minions first, I just wish I could tell my
minion that! lol :P

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
WanaksinkLake wrote:
You get a training point every two levels until you reach level four. Then you get one every four levels until you reach level 20. From there on, you recieve a training point every 5 levels.

Other ways to get training points are by walking up to Prospecter Zeke in each world and completing his quests. Each One of his quests give you one training point after you return to him.

The total amount of training points you can get in the game so far are 18. Although, soon to come in summer, the new world, Celestia, will allow you to reach level 60, giving you 2 extra training points and one by Prospector Zeke, but all you can get now is 18.

Training points are points you can use to train on any spell of any school, as long as you are a good enough level to train for it and you have to have trained for each of the spells before it in order to train for that one. You can get training points back by going to Golem Court and speaking to Mr. Lincoln.

Hope I helped :)
WanaksinkLake
October 2, 2009

When you say get training points back does that mean you loose the spells that you chose when speaking to Mr. Lincoln?

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Yea and dont port to people when they say dont port not that I did that or anything....

Darn howd you know
Yours Truley Edward Night

Explorer
May 20, 2010
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

LOL NOPE :) My partner in crime and I always take out the minion first, it just makes the whole battle process go smoother when you only have the boss to worry about. Another thing we do is we always pair up a spirit wizard with an elemental (IE: right now I have a storm wizard and he has death)

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Dakocow wrote:

I think the best is ice/storm bcuz then u hav a ton of health, and can do a ton of damage. However I don't think storm is the best main school (no ofens to diviners) bcuz it has such low health, I hav a magus diviner (she only has 1000 life, give or take a few) and my level 21 death has more health, not to mention that my initiate ice is 200 hp away from topping her.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
siveon298 wrote:
can sombody tell me how to get to another world like moo shu?(i did subscribe so i guess that was the first step)

Well you have to get through krokotopia and marleybone. If u still hav to get through wc then defeating nightshade is the lasst quest. 4 krokotopia, u need to beat krokopatra. I havnt beatin marleybone yet, but I think u have to beat meowarty (or somthin like that).

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
cool good tip i try to go for the smaller or weaker enemies in the battle because it means less damage to you :-D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
Alex1646 wrote:
ok i have a tip to GET a big attack with phoenix (or any other spell)if you are fire: use fire trap, wyldfire, and fire blade.

And also i have not tried this yet but this may be THE BEST wizard you can make ok here it is storm with a second school as life. This is the best because storm douse not have much Hp but douse give a lot of damg. but life can heal so you are set :)

I did that, but I reversed it, Life, with storm as my secondary. It's awesome. I basically soloed my way to 35. I also have a death/fire toon, and a life/fire toon, the life/storm is the strongest

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
Lynked wrote:
training points are used to learn spells in other schools. so if your main school is fire, you can use training points to learn storm or death spells to, its like choosing to classes to make you one super awsome dude! (or dudet for girls) well, anyway, i have 2 characters, a necro and pyro, levles(in order) 13 and 20. Names are Alex Shadowsword and Fred Firesword!
level 20 isn't pyro :P and training points can be used for any school :P

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
bodking01 wrote:
Lynked wrote:
shouldn't you first take the strongest guy out first, because they use the strongest attacks and take the longest to kill. just thing its easier to kill toughest first, then weakest. still don't agree, look at it like this: if you have 5 things to do, each varying in diffeculty, don't you do the hardest or longest first, so then if the others are tough, they won't get worse. thats my way of thinking though, thats all.

Not at all !!! Bosses don't have stronger spell, they just have more health. So if you go for the easier to kill, you'll reduce the number of enemy faster and so the number of damages you'll take.

Other tips :
Don't rush in a battle (especially bosses) : take time to arrange your deck according to his element (or his guards elements) or think about others strategies (i.e. if you are alone or with friends). You can also use different element wand and different necklaces too.

I like this one :D

NEVER try to take out the boss first when your alone. Defeat all of his or her minions first because it gets the much out of the way

Other tips: ALWAYS sell your unwanted gear at the bazaar to get more money then zeke would give you.

Gabrielle DarkHeart

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
When you finished learning your secondary school spells, save the rest of the training points for Celestia spells

Hunter Wildhorn
Master Pyromacer

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Lynked wrote:

Yeah, but while you kill the boss, the minions will be hurting you or shielding the boss. If you kill the minions, it makes killing the boss easier.

Jonathan Dreammask

S9 Life

Strategy Master

Defender
May 12, 2009
Be prepared for anything in Cl, DS may seem weak for such a big world, but in Cl, level one monsters are using final rank spells. Another tip, when fighting ptolemes, take out his minions first. He cheats less like that. Also, dont buy a wand spell of your own school. It removes your blades and traps. I talk alot