Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a few things that are very irritating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
1. Beggars & Scammers, I see it atleast a few times a day people begging for codes or trying to trick people into gifting them items. This should result in a ban.

2. The Kraken spawn, People go there to hang out and camp him and thus it's hard to even finish the quest. make it an instance. I'm sick of going in on a new alt and having 10 people in there stealing my spawn.

3. Friend spam, I don't accept random invites. But that doesn't stop people from spamming me with them. Can you put atleast a 30 second cooldown timer on friend invites?

I'de like some feedback on this from a gm or a dev or a csr. Whatever they are called here.

Administrator
shinigami1977 wrote:
1. Beggars & Scammers, I see it atleast a few times a day people begging for codes or trying to trick people into gifting them items. This should result in a ban.

Caveat Emptor, young Wizard. A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

shinigami1977 wrote:
2. The Kraken spawn, People go there to hang out and camp him and thus it's hard to even finish the quest. make it an instance. I'm sick of going in on a new alt and having 10 people in there stealing my spawn.

We are aware this is a bit of a bottleneck for players who truly wish to finish the quest, and we are looking at the impact this has on all our players. Until then, changing Realms is the easiest way to find a Kraken that is not busy. Realms that have a lower population are less likely to have many people at the Kraken in Triton Avenue. To change realms, press CTRL-M and select one that has a 'perfect' population. Then press Go to Realm and you will be teleported to your current location in a parallel Realm.

shinigami1977 wrote:
3. Friend spam, I don't accept random invites. But that doesn't stop people from spamming me with them. Can you put atleast a 30 second cooldown timer on friend invites?

We have given you the ability to turn off all friend requests via the Options page. Press ESC and select the 5th tab at the top, the one with the lock on it. There you can select whether or not to allow friend requests, trade requests, group requests and teleports.

shinigami1977 wrote:
I'de like some feedback on this from a gm or a dev or a csr. Whatever they are called here.

We are the Faculty, young Wizard. :)

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Thanks for your replies =) I usually just add the beggars and would be scammers to my ignore list and I suggest everyone to do the same. I just learned about both the friends request and the changing of worlds today. So I guess I still have alot to learn and FYI I'm an old Wizard

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
The Kraken only spawns when someone enters it's arena.
Keep that in mind.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
shinigami1977 wrote:

Caveat Emptor, young Wizard. A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

shinigami1977 wrote:

We are aware this is a bit of a bottleneck for players who truly wish to finish the quest, and we are looking at the impact this has on all our players. Until then, changing Realms is the easiest way to find a Kraken that is not busy. Realms that have a lower population are less likely to have many people at the Kraken in Triton Avenue. To change realms, press CTRL-M and select one that has a 'perfect' population. Then press Go to Realm and you will be teleported to your current location in a parallel Realm.

shinigami1977 wrote:

We have given you the ability to turn off all friend requests via the Options page. Press ESC and select the 5th tab at the top, the one with the lock on it. There you can select whether or not to allow friend requests, trade requests, group requests and teleports.

shinigami1977 wrote:

We are the Faculty, young Wizard. :)
I think that we should have a thing where if you put it on you must put a reason why there're asking to add you because i am CONSTANTLY sick and tired of people adding me to just make them some earthquakes because there to lazy to buy some

Every day i am constantly asked can you make me some orthrus or earthquakes! So professor please let this happen.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! people only adds me cause i have gots scarecrow and stormzilla and like krack an stuff likes that!

- Sarah MoonGlade Lvl 36 Strorm in Marleybone

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
easy way to get to kraken in triton avenue is wait for the battle to end and then go stand really close to where the krakens battle position is.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
#1. of shinigami1977 is what i would exactly say. I can't stand people asking me for rare and cool treasure cards when they say they'll give me a mount or something. THen if i say "no" they report me. Too many people dio that because they want free cards. i agree, please do something about this situation. :(

Amber Sparkleflame
Level 40 working on Mooshu
~Dig deep to find the power in you~