Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

EVERYONE HAS WEAKNESS!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
i have noticed that every monster has weakness. that should change. i think only balelce types should have weakness. that would be more fair.

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
Actually, I think only creatures from Marleybone and up have it.

Actually, you are wrong. I see it starting in Colossus Blvd. And yes, it does seem like every monster has them. KI is cheating in this regard by giving every monster what amounts to a weak tower shield. What gets me even more is that the balance monsters (who rightfully have them) use them far, far less than every other monster out there.

I have had up to four of them revolving around me at one time and NONE of the monsters were Balance. KI needs to put a limit to how many these monster have (if not take away from them altogether).

And don't get me started on mutated spells..... :x

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Defender
Oct 14, 2009
Balance monsters have weakness to Life, Death, and Myth. And Preacher7719, I got a wizard into KT after I wrote that, found they have Weakness there. I had no idea they had it in Colossus, though!

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
Actually, you are wrong. I see it starting in Colossus Blvd.

yes, but the gobblers on colossus that are casting it are actually balance monsters.

or have the others picked it up and i didn't notice?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Only two types of the Gobblers are Balance. All the rest (excluding the Prince) are something else.

I'm positive I got Weakness cast on me by the non-Balance Gobblers. I remember getting mad about it and I don't get mad when a Balance monster does it.

Survivor
May 06, 2009
It wouldn't be so bad if they each had maybe one weakness spell but being hit by four or five when you are trying to solo against multiple enemies is unfair. They already have shields and multiple school attacks .

Wait until you solo a battle with an ice mob who throw up multiple weakness and tower shields. By the time you even get enough pips, you've been hit with two or three weakness and half of them have tower shields up so your attacks are just wasted. By the time you take them down with blades or DOT attacks and get enough pips to attack again, they are back up. The already long battles in DS now take FOREVER.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
heh. My grandmaster Balance was helping a group in DS he came across who were having to fight draconians in order to collect something. Keep in mind, none of Draconians (TerrorWing Warlock) were Balance (Fire).

I took first spot in order to help with blades, shields, traps, healing. Four of them, three of us. First round I get two Weakness cast on me, second round I get another.

scout3699 wrote:
Wait until you solo a battle with an ice mob who throw up multiple weakness and tower shields. By the time you even get enough pips, you've been hit with two or three weakness and half of them have tower shields up so your attacks are just wasted. By the time you take them down with blades or DOT attacks and get enough pips to attack again, they are back up. The already long battles in DS now take FOREVER.

And don't you love it when your Ice shield is taken down my by those Ice-Mutated Fire Elf?

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Each school has a purpose.

Fire has mid range health, low accuracy and high damage.
Ice has the highest health, mid range accuracy and low damage.
Storm has the lowest health, the lowest accuracy and the highest damage.
Life has high health, the highest accuracy and the lowest damage.
Death has low health, high accuracy and low damage.
Myth has mid range health, mid range accuracy and mid range damage.
Balance has mid range health, high accuracy and mid range damage.

So why does KI continue to cheat big time by upsetting the very balance of the schools by giving Storm, Ice and Fire monsters mutated spells?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You know what, you really start seeing it in Krokotopia. But the subject starter is right, ALOT of the enemies have weakness. But you'll go through it on there, since I'm in Dragonspyre, I have it casted on me in like EVERY battle I get in. Sabes qué, es realmente iniciar viéndolo en Krokotopia. Pero el arranque de tema es correcto, ALOT de los enemigos tienen debilidad. Pero accederás a través de él allí, ya que soy en Dragonspyre, lo tengo representando en mí en como cada batalla me sale en.

~Caroline Sunbright~
Master theurgist level 49

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
THANK YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH ME!
oTHER PEOPLE.......
i think you are a little crazy

Ryan Mythstone
lvl 45 myth wizard

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Think about it, this started shortly after the bazaar opened. I think what happened is that every wizard out there hits the bazaar every 5 levels and buys the best stuff he/she can afford. The result? The wizards running around now are stronger and healthier than they were before the bazaar opened. That means the game was becoming easier for everyone. To slow our progress down, they added the weakness. They tried fizzles, but the public outcry was too much, so the next thing was to try weakness. I think they went overboard with it though, as I also get hit with at least one weakness, if not 2 or 3 in the same battle. I think thats a little much. There has to be a better way.

Anyway, its just my opinion.

Rogan Firehammer - gm fire
Blake Firehammer - gm death
Angus Firehammer - gm myth
Ian Firehammer - gm ice
Chase Firehammer - gm balance
Reed Firehammer - 34 life
Adam Firehammer - 11 storm