Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death overlords

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I have been over 1200 rating ish for quite sometime, and i never face death wizards anymore. I am looking to meet up with and discuss pvp strategy with other overlord death wizards.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
idk if you'd consider me one, but i am three quarters to level 48 death and i have pretty good stats... and my rank is kinda glitched i have like 550 rank and it says i am searg.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
I'm at rank 1330 right now, but I'd hate to discuss my strategy :P

My level one has the same ranking lol.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I'm up to 1205 and climbing.

I think there are not a lot of death wizards because everyone goes for the easy wins. Death matches take a longer so I think that has caused most people to go storm cause lets face it stunning with lord and a wild bolt can simply win out right and its much Faster. Me I still like grinding it out the hard way using drains with my death. Take your time don't rush it cause death is not made to be fast. Use your 30 seconds storm people hate that.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

Level one?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Ok my one real question is this, at the warlord level are you able to win against myth players? If so, what works for you against them. I have hardly no trouble with any class except for myth, and sometimes other death.
Specifically i ran into a Death overlord recently named calimity, and wow he was good.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
kooch1 wrote:
hiway1999 wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

Level one?

It's called beating others in PvP using treasure cards way above your level. It's a mark of a truly skilled player.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
It's called beating others in PvP using treasure cards way above your level. It's a mark of a truly skilled player.

You pull it off then. Still low health, and about zero chance to get power pips.

It was more difficult to do than as a level 5 that's for sure.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
scorch68 wrote:
kooch1 wrote:
hiway1999 wrote:
qXiLL wrote:

Level one?

Ok but people who higher lvls have better spells, so your rank gets so high then you start facing people who are like lvl 45 and higher. BUT TREASURES ROCK!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008

I use a lot of different weaknesses (normal, necklace, treasure card).

I save my shields (myth, tower, treasure tower) until i have two of the exact same ones available.

I try to heal to full after each Orthus.

I'm leveling a Myth Wizard!!

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I do have a death wizard he's level 50.
my stategy: Put up traps on the enemy then put up blades. (these include balance tree blade and traps )

Use a few shields > wraith >if that doesn't work repeat the above

tell me if this helps

James Lion lvl 50
Valkoor lion lvl 28

P.S. i don't pvp a lot soo yeah it might not help to much

Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
I have a death warlord (overlord) at around 1750.... but I rather not talk strategy...... it might end up slapping me in the face one day if I say something....... nah.... I'll talk.....lets just say I can get past shields, weaknesses and traps (on me) fairly easily(sacrfice and poison), so my opponent cant attack me so much, my shields help a lot (have one for life+myth, death+myth, fire+storm, and tower), our infection spell helps a ton(since we can drain life to heal), so does doom+ gloom as long as you know what youre doing, andjust basic strategy and patience is all it takes.

strategy from death wizard's perspective:

MYTH-when fighting myth-double up on myth shields(has to be same type of shield), dont let them use their bubble, get rid of it asap, without it they are useless.... no offense

LIFE-when fighting life use infections just NOT on the first turn, if they have any of those small heal spells that heal 65, let them get rid of them then infect them, shield with your school shields (it includes a life shield). if possible always have a life wand/blade in order to cancel out their life shhields so that you may prism them to get passed their death shields (or just poison)

DEATH-this is a tough one considering you have the same spells..... for the most part.... just build off of your opponents strategy (let THEM doom+gloom) dont waste your pips and time using a spell they can use for you. death prisms and your wand become your friend here, learn hos to use them, use infection on them too because death tends to get life as a secondary school...

BALANCE-for the most part balance tends to get death as a secondary to learn feint and ice too for tower shields.... simply keep a poison on them to prevent shielding and get rid of weknesses. if they hex and feint(most likely) you, wait until the last moment when he/she has all his/her pips full and pull out a sacrifice to get rid of the traps and drastically lower their attack, follow by draining health back, rinse and repeat until full dead..... oops how did that recipe get in there......

FIRE-o my gosh i HATE elves.... i HATE them! anyways as you can tell elves can get past my strategy of shielding so for the most part you cant really shield against fire, just try to kill them as soon as possible. infect them, and DONT let them put up thier bubble, use your doom+gloom to take it out. just blade and trap them and kill, pretty simple.....

ICE-keep up the poison for their tower shields, boost, dont allow their bubble, and attack. to get past their absorb shields just drain to get by them.... thats about it

STORM-ugh..... my worst enemy..... with bolts that are SO not 10%, put it this way 10% from card+ about 15% from gear +10-25% from enchantments+ 10% from accuracy boosts= about 45-60% accurate bolts..... and about 100% on all other attacks..... storm only fizzles a lot as low lvls but as they lvl up they stop fizzling as much.... so yea thats one disadvantage, my advice.... just use storm shields simple as that :-D and boost and trap a little and there you go, they usually die in one hit cause of their low health.....

PS: here is a great trick that i learned from feint.... well you know how it says on the feint card 70% boost for opponent and 30% boost for you? well it turns out that its true, it just says 70% above your head because of a bug..... so really in this instance you only get to get a boost of 30% whiel they get 70% boost (if they use it)...... try this.... if someone uses a feint on you just use another feint on them... that way you get the 70% boost and they get stuck with the 30%boost :-D.... its saved me so many times... hope my experience and strategy helps those in need of a little pvp guidance......

TREASURES- IF and only IF you want an easy way out (I stopped doing this a long time ago after i got good at my death guy) (about 7 months ago)..... use storm treasure shields to have them handy in an emergency (enemy chain (spam) bolting you), put in a few guiding lights to boost your heals, put in some treasure attacks from your school (wraith) in case they dont show up when you need them, put in a few treasure blades and traps to help you, and one that I now go strictly against..... just keep this secret...... (you need a fire and ice friend for this) tell them to make you steal blades and steal wards to steal your enemy's shields and blades..... also try to get reshuffle from colossus blvd in the secret trainer's house, and if you want get the life trap from her too which can help you keep boosting by using prisms.... well hope this info was enlightening for all you warlords-to-be.... good luck everyone :-)

PS: hmmmm..... I talk a lot lol....... ........

Jack DragonTamer-death grandmaster-warlord
Jack DragonHunter-balance grandmaster-warlord
Jack DragonThorn-life grandmaster-warlord
Jack DragonBane-storm journeyman-commander

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
I am a veteran Myth type and I would be happy to sare my strategy. I first put on spells that boost my attack on me and my enemy. That takes about three turns then I use a 3 pip attack and then repeat that strategy over and over til the enemy dies.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Hi i'm Ian Darkshade i am a warlord Death Grandmaster with the commander hat and commander shoes, but yea anyways Death is a cool school to use for a 1v1, your usually going to have to practice using Death, once you know how to use it you will extremely own lol. Well lets put it like this ill give you some tips
put a minion in your deck, some infections would always be good to use too and oh yea heres a tip for you GET SOME TOWER SHIELDS you will mostly come across balance warlords so yea they would benefit you 8) , and put in some sacrafice to take off some of the feints and hex off you and some poison to take off the shields and just keep the pressure on them, oh yea one more thing
DON'T FORGET RESHUFFFLE.
8) Grandmaster Death Ian Darkshade