Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cool House Decoration Ideas

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
I've been to a lot of peoples houses and they all have cool themes and unique ideas. Well i thought why not start a form where you could post ideas like those. So if you have a cool area in your house or a concept you will try when you get the money, post it here!

Here are 2 ideas used in my house that really stand out.

1 At my house i have my very own minigame fairgrounds. it is complete with carousel, pavilion, small tents, and large tents. ( many of these items are only craft-able)
2 I have a special room that looks like the forest (kinda). It has tons of large evergreen trees, a large fountain in the middle, grass floor, and starry wallpaper.

If you have any unique things about your house that make people ooh and aah post them here!

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
in my Desert Stronghold, i have my beach set up like a tropical island, with lots of palm trees and shrubs, along with my campfire and a log in front of it to sit on (at least i hope to someday sit on it). now i'm just waiting on KI to make me a hammock :)

i am setting up my Forested Mansion (? not sure if thats the right name for it, its the cheapest WC house) as a library/study. lots of books, bookshelves and a few nice desks, and a few trophies i've collected

and my dorm room is my work shop. i have all my crafting tables there with some tools scattered around.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Finally! someone made this-I thought I was gonna have to make it myself!

Anyway, the room i will be talking about it my huge, Marleybone-Themed Restaurant, complete with at LEAST five tables, at LEAST two chairs each, a number of dining plates equal to the number of chairs on each table, starry wallpaper (i thought that was very Marleybone-ish,) two bars with two big wall-hanging root beer bottles, with an arched counter and several steins (the gray mugs) on the counters, with bar stools. There is also a podium at the entrace, with the book for keeping reservations and the guest list (its just the podium with a book on it, but hey, it COULD be a guest list!) There is a grand piano with a piano bench (keep the diners entertained!) large candleholders in every corner, multiple Marleybonian paintings, like the Marleybone still-life painting and the Dogs-playing-cards-painting. And to top it all off, two large buffet tables, packed with sundaes, sausages, pumpkins, turkey platters, etc. In all, it cost me well over 25,000 gold, probably more, but I am extremely pleased with the result, and I'm not even finished with it yet!

-Blake Soulflame, Grandmaster Necromancer and Housing Fanatic

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Wow these sound awesome.. i also love housing

My Desert Villa also has the small island set up in a similar way, but with lots of obelisks to make it seem more Krokotopian. I then also have a Dragonspyre-themed area with ruins, dragon stutues and obelisks. Nearby is a magma fountain with a collection of various bones around it.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
I have a really boring home, well at least I think I do. But I love music and I think it would be so cool if they put in music stuff. Things like insruments would be awesome.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
BUTTMUNCH01 wrote:
I have a really boring home, well at least I think I do. But I love music and I think it would be so cool if they put in music stuff. Things like insruments would be awesome.

That'd be awesome....then i could set up a dance floor lol

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
dreadskull wrote:

Anyway, the room i will be talking about it my huge, Marleybone-Themed Restaurant, complete with at LEAST five tables, at LEAST two chairs each, a number of dining plates equal to the number of chairs on each table, starry wallpaper (i thought that was very Marleybone-ish,) two bars with two big wall-hanging root beer bottles, with an arched counter and several steins (the gray mugs) on the counters, with bar stools. There is also a podium at the entrace, with the book for keeping reservations and the guest list (its just the podium with a book on it, but hey, it COULD be a guest list!) There is a grand piano with a piano bench (keep the diners entertained!) large candleholders in every corner, multiple Marleybonian paintings, like the Marleybone still-life painting and the Dogs-playing-cards-painting. And to top it all off, two large buffet tables, packed with sundaes, sausages, pumpkins, turkey platters, etc. In all, it cost me well over 25,000 gold, probably more, but I am extremely pleased with the result, and I'm not even finished with it yet!

I'm in the processes of doing something similar, with my Basic Marlybone home, in the Basementish downstairs area, I'm making a Sort of High Class Club.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Elessar wrote:
dreadskull wrote:

I'm in the processes of doing something similar, with my Basic Marlybone home, in the Basementish downstairs area, I'm making a Sort of High Class Club.

Awesome, would you mind giving me some details on whats included in there? I just love hearing about other people's houses.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Well I have the Big MB Royal Estate.

1: I turned the secret chamber under the steps into my secret lair. It is complete with a Soda Bar and wood stove, along with a low square table with a tactical map and food. I plan my War Strategies down there and chill with friends. The entrance is blocked off with three Mooshu tablets so it looks like a complete wall. ( it is super secret now for those who have not seen the big MB house )

2: In the courtyard in back of my house I made a Dragonspyre village with the DS Ruins and Wall Ruins. I added a few personal touches like a Boris Blackrock statue, basically a black colosus, a Street Brazier and skeletons, plus a lava fountain. :D

Dylan ShadowTallon Lvl 45 Diviner

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Well. My Tranruil Cottage has a secret tomb, its the mountain area, and it has the crystals that explode and candles all around the room 8) Thats what i think stand out in my house, also, why cant you put more than 50 things outside??? you can put 150 things inside, and there is more room OUTSIDE!!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
For everyone who wants to make a secret area the ice tablets work amazingly and can be cheaply aquired at the bazaar. Plus they just look cool. I use them to block of the area on the bottom floor in the fire house. Inside there is all sorts of assorted treasure. I also have a classroom just outside my secret area. I want to find crowns items to add in, but i can not seem to find too many drops. I also have what i believe to be a complete collection of the non singed books. I also have a crafting room as you enter the house. I like the fire house because i can easily manipulate routes by crafting walls with low cooldown. People have posted cool ideas keep it up!

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
I have the large MB house.

1 : The courtyard is my Temple to Fire Magic

2 : My greenhouse is my Statue Garden

3 : The top layer is my bedroom/restraunt combo

4 : The basement is my Treasure Room, blocked of by KT Hyroglyphics

tHe OnE aNd OnLy KyLe FiReFiSt

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I own the 10,000 crown myth house. In the frontyard i have a tree fort up in a big tree connecting to another one at the other end of my yard. They are connected with carpets. Underneath them, i have camp with boat tents put together to make a big tent, krok grand tents, and a krok camping tent (i need another krok camping tent, so if you have one plz tell me). My fort always seems to attract a lot of people. Also, there are grass/rock stairs leading up to a little are where i put a Boris Blackrock statue a a Koto statue facing each other. Then, on another yard i have an mb automobile. In the yard there is a large, white temple with a waterfall filling up a pool of water. Behind that i have lots of different krok mummies(opened, closed, standing, lying). On the first floor inside the house i have a large library with royal couches and bookshelfs with books. When you go through the door and up the stairs to the right i have a banquet table with lots of chairs, drinks, turkey platters, and ice cream. then the next set of stairs takes you up to the main bedroom, it has two beds, a nice fire with two nice chairs, me and my wife's school plaques, shields, and other school stuff hanging on the wall. the next set of stairs led to the main upstairs floor where i have two mb fireplaces on both sides with couches and a couple crowns items. Then you will go down stairs and see all my pets, they are all rare (now even more rare because of the bazaar not selling pets) except the piggle that you get from the pet pavilion quest. in the middle of the pet place there is some grass and a big moshoo bell/gong crown item is there. then down the next set of stairs i have my bar, with rootbeer, bar stools, and the bar table. Then if you go back up to the main upstairs i have my desk and crystal storage case by a long set of stairs. If you follow the stairs there will be another small floor that has a rack of helmets and a rack of clubs. Also it includes a small moshoo statue on a wooden statue base. Once you go out the door up there you are high in the air and can cross a rainbow onto a cloud. :)

Level 50
Grandmaster Pyromancer
William Fireflame 8)

Defender
May 28, 2009
In my castle I set up "training arenas" to fight in! Each of them helps a different school. I have a lava arena, a water arena, a life arena, even an ice arena!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
:D This is my first post up! Wow! Ok. Some cool decorating ideas is like setting up a classroom. I have banners ad pictures.Also you have to put some serious wallpaper up, like close to the ones in school.Well good luck.I hope my advice was useful!

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I have the massive fantasy castle and one of the rooms is a game room and one of the other rooms is a library. Also I encourage gardens so the outside of the castle has beautiful gardens.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
I'm gonna create the Fizzy Wizard Diner in my dorm room.There will be a bar
with the giant root beer cans and stools,a pretty wallpaper,8 tables with 4 chairs at each and a secret buffet.Friend Jessica Drake and go to my dorm to
see. 8)

Yours,
JD