Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

and that's when i realized i was stupid ...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
there have been a few moments in the game (ok more than a few) when i reminded my self of just how stupid i can be.

call them senior moments, cerebral flatulence, or old timers disease. we have all had them

these are a couple of mine. i hope you can get a chuckle from them

the very first crafting quest from euedora tangletree, and i could not get the quest to update. i kept making rings, but my quest log still said i needed to make two rings. i went on line and checked known bugs and tried to find someone else that had this problem (this was before the crafting update that simplified crafting but got some people stuck in the quest). i made at least a dozen rings before i realized ... i was making the wrong ring. i had purchased the wrong recipe from the vender.
and that's when i realized i was stupid.

i had just purchased a new deck at the bizarre and sold my old one. i was eager to jump back in and work on completing some quests. so i start a street dual with some monster, but my cards are coming up kind of strange. really, really bad luck with the cards i'm drawing. but that happens sometimes right? yes it does, but not this time. i had purchased my new deck, equipped it and jumped right back into the game. without putting a single spell card in it. all i had were the cards i got from items. (wand, clothes, necklace, and pet) if this had only happened once or twice it wouldn't have been so bad, but i think i have done it every single time i got a new deck.

anyone else have an "i'm stupid" story that they aren't too embarrassed to share?

your own stories please. no telling on someone else.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Snivel wrote:
there have been a few moments in the game (ok more than a few) when i reminded my self of just how stupid i can be.

call them senior moments, cerebral flatulence, or old timers disease. we have all had them

these are a couple of mine. i hope you can get a chuckle from them

the very first crafting quest from euedora tangletree, and i could not get the quest to update. i kept making rings, but my quest log still said i needed to make two rings. i went on line and checked known bugs and tried to find someone else that had this problem (this was before the crafting update that simplified crafting but got some people stuck in the quest). i made at least a dozen rings before i realized ... i was making the wrong ring. i had purchased the wrong recipe from the vender.

i had just purchased a new deck at the bizarre and sold my old one. i was eager to jump back in and work on completing some quests. so i start a street dual with some monster, but my cards are coming up kind of strange. really, really bad luck with the cards i'm drawing. but that happens sometimes right? yes it does, but not this time. i had purchased my new deck, equipped it and jumped right back into the game. without putting a single spell card in it. all i had were the cards i got from items. (wand, clothes, necklace, and pet) if this had only happened once or twice it wouldn't have been so bad, but i think i have done it every single time i got a new deck.

anyone else have an "i'm stupid" story that they aren't too embarrassed to share?

your own stories please. no telling on someone else.

oh sure! i have tons! lol. like the time i realized i just sold a needed item and it took me forever to get it again. and the time when i was three and threw my beachball out the car window...... but thats different. anyway, out of reality. oh and the time when i mad i really bad move in pvp and i lost to jerks. lol. good times, good times.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Ok, here is what I call my "DUH" moment in the game. Like you I would get a new deck, turn around and sell my new one, and would actually place cards and set it up like I want it. My problem was I always forgot to EQUIP the thing. Also like you, once is an accident, twice is a shame, three or more times and "that's when I realize I'm stupid"

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
I have some tales of stupid...

When i got my deck, and went to battle, but i had figured out i hadnt equipped it xP

When a friend asked me for help, I jump into battle and I have 6 pips but I realize my ice wyvern which is only like 4 pips is grey and i cant use it. I get mad and keep clicking on it until the 20 seconds are up, I then look down and glance at my mana, 0 mana xD

ONE TIME i was wearing my beginner clothes, ya know the clothes you begin with with no stats at all, i ported to a friend in ds and i forgot to equip my high lvl clothes, a whole bunch of grandmasters were with him, i was so o embarrassed, plus he was in battle xP

I sent in a pic to wizard101, days and it still hadnt gone up and i realized i didnt put my wiz name on the email....

Tales Of The Stupid
Jasmine BlueGem
Lvl 48 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Um well one time I bought a really deck for like 565 coins than I sold it for 65 coins. I was stuck with my deck from my lvl 10 character on a level 20.

Dylan Firecaster 33 Fire

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I made the mistake of deleting my magus thaumaturge and this is strange but that means I don't have a plain pumpkin mask Its strange but still it made me regret it!

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I have a couple, BTW these are all REALLY funny!

Once I was in a battle at low health. I was saving up for Judgement, so I didn'y use Satyr. I kept saying to my friend "HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME!!!!!!" then i forgot he didn't have text chat. EPIC FAIL MOMENT

another time i was when i only had tree ty minutes on the computer. OH MY GOSH DID I JUST SAY TREE TY MINUTES! Anyway, i was yelling in the commons for someone to help me with my quest. A guy finnaly can up, and i only had fifth minutes left. Wait. FIFTH MINUTES! NOW THAT IS A REAL LIFE STUPID MOMENT! Anyway(again) when he said let's go, i realized i already did the quest. ABOUT THE NUMBERS I SRY I'M JUST USED TO THAT! plz help me.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
Taco5754 wrote:
I have a couple, BTW these are all REALLY funny!

Once I was in a battle at low health. I was saving up for Judgement, so I didn'y use Satyr. I kept saying to my friend "HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME!!!!!!" then i forgot he didn't have text chat. EPIC FAIL MOMENT

another time i was when i only had tree ty minutes on the computer. OH MY GOSH DID I JUST SAY TREE TY MINUTES! Anyway, i was yelling in the commons for someone to help me with my quest. A guy finnaly can up, and i only had fifth minutes left. Wait. FIFTH MINUTES! NOW THAT IS A REAL LIFE STUPID MOMENT! Anyway(again) when he said let's go, i realized i already did the quest. ABOUT THE NUMBERS I SRY I'M JUST USED TO THAT! plz help me.
Hey, it's Fireball198! I feel you on the pvp guys! I lost once to some real jerks and they literaly KILLED the fun we gotta do somthing!