Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
I think that scrap iron should be more easy to find. It is really tough and I can't complete the Marleybone crafting quest because of the scrap iron.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
It's a lot easier to find than it was a month or two ago. An update KI did made a noticeable difference. Also, you young wippersnappers only have to craft two of an item now. We grizzled wizened ones had to make FIVE of each thing. And we had to do it in the snow, walking uphill, with no shoes. You don't know how good you have it!

A couple of things that might help is to move to a Realm with a Perfect population, as there will be less competition. And you can always check the Bazaar for reagents.

The item I've recently been running around for is Mystwood. That's right, Mystwood! I've actually run out of Mystwood! I wouldn't have thought it was possible. I think I'll curl up on my humongous pile of Cattails and have a sulk.

Adam Ashfriend - Grandmaster Curmudgeon

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Yah, me too. We have to find 80 peices of scrap iron! :( Or they should at least lower how many you have to find.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I'm having trouble too. I'm crafting a project for myself .. (Not the quest... did that a few months ago.... when it took a LOT more Scrap Iron)
I have spend HOURS running around MB.. Found lots of Mist Wood, Stone Blocks, Wooden Chest, even a few Silver Chest but very little Scrap
Iron. I don't understand. If someone is beating to the Scrap Iron, why would they leave the Wooden Chest behind? Sem

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
you young'uns wanna no somethin? two days after i fin mb craftin quest,they changed the amount of stuff needed to two! made me SO mad!

oh well...master artisan now and i think ive gotten over it...

BUT WOULD U PLEASE STOP COMPLAININ :? :?

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Here's a suggestion for the scrap iron that will help you collect it quickly...

Find a location that drops scrap iron and a regeant or two that you can reach and return to in 60 seconds, and then realm jump through that one area.

You can get some good suggestions where some reliable scrap iron locations are on the fansites, and then plan your 60 second route from those suggestions. Heck, in the commons scrap is dropped in 2 locations per realm...You can average 30-70 pieces of scrap in a complete realm list revolution easily if you farm during slow times during the day, as well as load up on mistwood or cattails and rares from those regeants.