Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being charged for purchasing...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Hello, all.

I am unsure if this topic has been brought up already, I have not seen it anywhere - I will ask my question:

If you do not have enough crowns to purchase a Mount (such as the 24 hour ones) and you buy the item with gold, will they charge you?

If so, that makes no sense to me. They have some items that say: "CROWNS ONLY. NO AUCTION!" And the ones that I am talking about do not say "CROWNS ONLY" they just have a crowns sign on them, I happened to have enough gold to buy it, and I got it.

The reason why I am bringing this up is because my mother just told me that she was charged 2 dollars more than the monthly payment and I was thinking that it may be because of my Mount purchasing.

I do not understand this! If I had enough in gold and NEVER even touched the Crown button, I don't think I should be charged; I think no one should be charged for it. Anyway, I would just like to know if this is normal or not.
Hahaha

Administrator
Hello!

It sounds like if you want to buy ice cream you can swim with a penguin.

The comment regarding the mount purchased with gold and the $2 'charged' to your mom are completely separate.

When you attempt or make a purchase on our site, it goes through a pretty detailed security verification check before being approved. Part of this is a $1 pre authorization which can appear on your account as a pending charge.

As to how long it will stay out of your available balance, that is up to your individual bank's policy (typically 1-5 business days). It is not a charge and is never removed from your account, however it may be held against your available balance, again, depending on your bank's policies. I hope this helps explain!

Please send me a note directly if you have further comments or questions regarding any transactions.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Ya... Mr. Lincoln is right. I just have a question for you. How did the part of the 10$ come up? Did you just buy a monthly subscription? If you did, thank Mr. Lincoln, because he helped you out mostly. I was just asking you a question. Bye! :)

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
:) Thanks Professor, and you all. As it turns out my mother read her bills wrong. Without a question I put this out as soon a I could because I have had paying issues with games before and did not want it to happen again.
Thank you for your patients and I'm back on Wizard 101!!
:)