Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School specific mounts!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Hello, I've been playing Wizard 101 for a few weeks now with my daughter. I've purchased a few mounts and other crown items. But I feel like we should have school related mounts. I currently have a 28 Balance and I started leveling a Life wizard. None of the mounts seem right for my life wizard. At the moment I am using a brown horse though. Anyways I was thinking about what would be cool as far as mounts go and here's what I came up with. Maybe at lvl 45-50 there could be a extensive quest or even a school vendor that would have these mounts. I'm not sure of a fair amount and the bonus speed would have to be on par or even a little less than the crown mounts. I mean KI has to make money still. Okay anyways here's my ideas for school specific mounts.

LIFE
The Nature's Wrath Tree but you ride on his shoulder
DEATH
A.) Skeltal Horse
B.) Ghost Horse
C.) Vampire Bat (my favorite)
FIRE
A.) Heckhound
B.)Phoenix
ICE
A Snowboard with Ice coming out underneath. But it has to look like old wood and kinda plain or maybe like a Marleybone device
STORM
A Cumulus Cloud, Constantly raining with thunder and a lightning bolt like every 20 seconds, You'd ride on top Indian style
MYTH
A Manticore with a Lion's head not a Humans head large bat wings body of a lion and a scorpion tail. If you do a google search you'll see what I mean.
BALANCE
Krokosphinx

Well there's my ideas and I would love to see KI actually do something with them. And while I'm discussing mounts please give us more variation of color on the current mounts. I would buy a dragon if you had green. Thanks for your time and hopefully some people here agree with me on my ideas. As well as the Devs from KI.

Josh~
aka
Joshua Ravenblood 28 Balance
Joshua Drake 14 Life

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
Cool! I got this same idea about a week ago, now I found this. Here is what I think it should be.

Life

Centaur

Death

Large Vampire (in bat form)

Myth

Small Humongafrog

Fire

Heckhound

Ice

Ice Wyvern

Storm

Large lightning bat

Balance

A locust swarm (Group of bugs, and you sit on the group)

Kyle Firefist

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I like the Idea

Here ar emy suggestions:

LIFE
1)Just a plain simple log
2) A leaf
DEATH
A worm (Dune or Tremor Style)
FIRE
Sunbird
ICE
A giant Roling Snowball that you have to walk on
STORM
1)Just a Ligthning Bolt, Ride the Lightning
2) Surfboard and wave.
MYTH
A Griffin.
BALANCE
1)A scorpion,
2)a cloud of swarms,
3)A sand wave

Cheers

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I'm a level fourty-five life wizard, and I totally ssuport the idea of SCHOOL specific mounts. I would love to supersize my heckhound and ride him around.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
OMG... ever since the idea of mounts was released I was wondering if there would ever be a Heckhound mount. That would be awesome. I also really like the idea of a skeletal horse for death wizards. In addition I think Life should have a Unicorn mount.

-Katie Redflame, Master Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
From the initial interview in regards to the mounts, they have approxiamately 30 already drawn up, with more in the making. This release is just the tip of the iceburg and the other mounts will be slowly released and up for purchase/rent over the next few months.

So don't be surprised that the suggestions you've made will be appearing within the near future. ;)

There's also supposed to be school specific homes being released in the near future. So for those upset about the cost of the mounts? Be prepared and start saving up now. As from what the preview in the interview suggests that these homes will be as 'costly', if not more so, then the mounts.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
From the initial interview in regards to the mounts, they have approxiamately 30 already drawn up, with more in the making. This release is just the tip of the iceburg and the other mounts will be slowly released and up for purchase/rent over the next few months.

So don't be surprised that the suggestions you've made will be appearing within the near future. ;)

There's also supposed to be school specific homes being released in the near future. So for those upset about the cost of the mounts? Be prepared and start saving up now. As from what the preview in the interview suggests that these homes will be as 'costly', if not more so, then the mounts.

Thanks :-) , would you have the links to this interview/information?

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
I like dounut789's ideas. But I think you should just buy them instead of getting them when you're a high level. And I think that if you buy it and you are that school you should get a huge discount. I'm an ice wizard and, personally, I didn't like the snowball of snowboard ideas. No offense, but I think they're irrelevant to Wizard101.