Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Obsidian chest/mossback/wavebringer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
I did not do the Mossback quests before getting the Obsidian chest quest so I am having problems, like a lot of others, in Mooshu. I have done research and read through many message boards here and elsewhere to help me find all of Mossbacks locations. I went to to the Cave of Solitude and completed Mossbacks quest there, and also in Kishibe Village then went to Shiratake Temple which is supposed to be where you find the next Mossback quest and when I speak with Mossback there he tells me to talk to Wavebringer to get him to purify the water samples or something like that and Wavebringer is not there anymore. Was I not supposed to defeat him until I reached dragonspyre? I thought perhaps it would work to locate Wavebringer in the Village of Sorrow and I could complete the quest that way but all he says is "Water clean! Water Pure! I dance!" Cute but not what I was hoping for. I am now going to go back through the Mossback quest AGAIN for the third or forth time to see if I missed something. Help?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
The wavebringer you need to talk to is the one in the dungeon with the plague oni in it...sorry I forget what it;s called. I believe there are two more you have to talk to after that. I know the last one is oakheart in yet another dungeon I can't remember what it's called. If you don't do them in order then you won't be able to get to the next one. This was a total pain because I missed it with BOTH of my characters. Rest assured I won't miss it the next time around with my noob! Good luck!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I have the EXACT problem. I too, have been running all over Mooshu like a dope, stuck at level 49 because I need the obsidian chests. Help!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
Yay, I figured it out! You have to do the quest inside the Shiratake Temple to make the wave bringer appear, involving activating fire spirits and such. Doing that will summon the wavebringer whom I defeated and then talked to and finally got to move on out of Mooshu and onto the Labyrynth! Let me know if I can be of help to anyone who may still be stuck on this part, as I am now officially done with it! YESSSSSS!!

Tavia Deathflower Level 45 Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Tracyroxx wrote:
Yay, I figured it out! You have to do the quest inside the Shiratake Temple to make the wave bringer appear, involving activating fire spirits and such. Doing that will summon the wavebringer whom I defeated and then talked to and finally got to move on out of Mooshu and onto the Labyrynth! Let me know if I can be of help to anyone who may still be stuck on this part, as I am now officially done with it! YESSSSSS!!

Tavia Deathflower Level 45 Necromancer

I cant find any more to do. I think I have done all the mossbacks but I still cant talk to oakheart.. I AM SOOOO Frustrated!!!!!

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I don't think i did the Mossback quests in order can i friend port in or keep looking someone said that you have to start over is this true i am so frustrated my highest other guy is only 17 so i really need help

Luke sky walker 48 Fire Helephant pet King Tasha
If you see me can you help thx

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Did you also get the one in the Tree of Life? He is not very obvious, so many people miss him.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I am having the same problem. I have tried talking to Oakheart in the tree of Life, but he has nothing to say to me. I have rebeat the oakheart/mossback quests again and still nothing. What am i doing wrong?

Keira FireHunter lvl50 IceGrandmaster

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
what if you have already done the spirit shrines i have already done this part... so i am going back thru again to talk to wavebringer... and when i defeat the guys inside and walk up to the shrine nothing happens? so i keep getting the talk to wavebringer arrow go there and nothing happens?

Can anyone help out ??

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
i figured it out you have to get the key again from hirku (sp) then go thru the entrance to oni and then din ho will l tell you to use spirtis shrine again then after you have done that it will say to defeat wavebringer after you defeat him he will cleanse (sp) the water and you can talk to mossback and move on

Delver
May 04, 2009
forkingandglory wrote:
what if you have already done the spirit shrines i have already done this part... so i am going back thru again to talk to wavebringer... and when i defeat the guys inside and walk up to the shrine nothing happens? so i keep getting the talk to wavebringer arrow go there and nothing happens?

Can anyone help out ??

Hope this helps...

This is a copy of a reply that Gamma posted dated Dec. 31st (5:15) in this section of the forum:

If Theurgists are having trouble completing your level 48 Life spell quest, you must complete a sidequest in MooShu in order to have access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace.

You must complete these quests, in this order, to get to Oakheart in the Jade Palace. A lot of these quests are the same side quests that you need to complete for the “Wizard Tours” quest or Obsidian Chests quest to get access to the one chest in MooShu.

Cave of Solitude
1. I’m Cursed (from Mossback)
2. Rock On (from Mossback)

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Village of Sorrow
1. Tainted Forest (from Wavebringer)
2. Forest Spirit (from Wavebringer)

Tree of Life
1. The Great Forest (from Oakheart)
2. Everlasting Forest (from Oakheart)

“Everlasting Forest” quest will give you access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace!

If you are not sure if you have completed any of these quests, or are still having trouble, contact Support with your username and character name and they will help you get moving forward.

{o,o}
|)_)
-?-?-

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
How do you get to the Obsidian chest in the Ancient Burial Grounds? The house is locked from me, and I am getting VERY, VERY, FUSTRATED

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Hi everyone. I have done all the mossback quests and all the other quest in the ancient burial grounds but can't seem to get into this one dojo that has the obsidian chest in it. It's for a quest in Dragonspyre. I need this one last chest, it's the last of 9 I had to collect. Does anyone know why I can't get into where I need to be??

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Nick82000 wrote:
Hi everyone. I have done all the mossback quests and all the other quest in the ancient burial grounds but can't seem to get into this one dojo that has the obsidian chest in it. It's for a quest in Dragonspyre. I need this one last chest, it's the last of 9 I had to collect. Does anyone know why I can't get into where I need to be??

Did you not read Hollen1233's post?!?!?