Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Salamander

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Hello, my daughter recently purchased a storm salamander (Miss Sassy) to go with her Mister Sassy LoL. But it doesn't show up. I did a search and saw that it is a known issue. What I'm wondering is, when is it going to be fixed and is it going to be fixed? It's obviously been bugged for a while as the post I saw was about a month ago. How long does it take for you to fix bugs usually. I'm sure that it is not a monetary problem So can I get an update as to what's going on. I'd like to see Miss Sassy not be so shy sooner than later.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Yes, this game has a record of pet dissapearances.I also own a storm salamander, and he is hiding too.Two other major pet disappearances have been the unicorn pet and the rat magician pet.

Unicorn pet was gone for about a month or so

Rat Magician took a LONG time to fix.

Luckily, all KI has to do with the storm salamander is copy the fire salamander unit on the storm one, so it shound not take too long before our salamanders come back.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
My Mander disappeared right after the mounts arrived, which was on Oct 16th - so a little over a month now. Each time they announce scheduled maintenance I cross my fingers that they may have it fixed but not yet.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
MonicaZ22 wrote:
My Mander disappeared right after the mounts arrived, which was on Oct 16th - so a little over a month now. Each time they announce scheduled maintenance I cross my fingers that they may have it fixed but not yet.

If I only had a missing pet I'd be happy, I can't see on my laptop. I have to run 2 characters to see where I'm going, annoying.... KI said they fixed it a long time ago, then an update unfixed it. So tell me which is worse, a missing pet or can't see anything

Administrator
Whiterose2 wrote:
If I only had a missing pet I'd be happy, I can't see on my laptop. I have to run 2 characters to see where I'm going, annoying.... KI said they fixed it a long time ago, then an update unfixed it. So tell me which is worse, a missing pet or can't see anything

We have the tech support you need, but you need to give us more information, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and type the word dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:

We have the tech support you need, but you need to give us more information, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and type the word dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

oh did all that to get the response, we fixed that a while back but an update unfixed it. I still can't see to play.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Greyrose it would be great if you would answer my question since this is my topic and not about someone's pc issues!

Administrator
shinigami1977 wrote:
Hello, my daughter recently purchased a storm salamander (Miss Sassy) to go with her Mister Sassy LoL. But it doesn't show up. I did a search and saw that it is a known issue. What I'm wondering is, when is it going to be fixed and is it going to be fixed? It's obviously been bugged for a while as the post I saw was about a month ago. How long does it take for you to fix bugs usually. I'm sure that it is not a monetary problem So can I get an update as to what's going on. I'd like to see Miss Sassy not be so shy sooner than later.

This is still listed on our Known Issues page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/help/knownissues
and I just checked the 'closed bugs' list - the missing Salamanders have been coaxed out of their shyness and will once again appear at your side after the next update in a couple of weeks.

I know it's sad to not see them clapping and dancing by your side, but some bugs are more elusive than others to fix. Thank you for your patience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
shinigami1977 wrote:

This is still listed on our Known Issues page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/help/knownissues
and I just checked the 'closed bugs' list - the missing Salamanders have been coaxed out of their shyness and will once again appear at your side after the next update in a couple of weeks.

I know it's sad to not see them clapping and dancing by your side, but some bugs are more elusive than others to fix. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the information. Is there a listing of patch notes anywhere to be found?

Administrator
Yes all previous patch notes can be found here:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/patchnotes

Patch notes are usually released a few days before the update goes to the Test Realm, and are announced on our Ravenwood News at https://www.wizard101.com/news

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Oct 14, 2009