Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheating in the Arena

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Alright so I was in a ranked match and on the first turn my opponent passed and I used curse then right at the next turn the match was over and I lost when he didn't use anything so if any body knows about this can you tell me.

Alexander Deathheart Level 47 Necromancer

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
Alexander DeathHeart wrote:
Alright so I was in a ranked match and on the first turn my opponent passed and I used curse then right at the next turn the match was over and I lost when he didn't use anything so if any body knows about this can you tell me.

Hmm, this might be a problem. Are you sure:

-that curse wasn't your last card?
-that you didn't flee?
-that the opponent use an attack over time spell?
-that the game wasn't lagging or it was the first move?

I'm not sure...but just check.

-WaddleDeeMan

Defender
May 30, 2009
It's not really cheating but what that player did IMO was completely wrong. When some players get really high in rank it's hard for them to get a match and then they don't really like who they are matched up against so they "rank down" to be able to get easier matches and more arena tickets. They unequip their deck so that all the cards they have left are from what they are wearing. When they discard all of those cards then they have none and the match is over. I hate when I come across someone doing this because usually I end up in a battle with them on more than one occasion and they feel they are "giving" you the match. Sorry this had to happen to you but atleast you know what they are doing the next time you have to deal with this.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
It's not really cheating but what that player did IMO was completely wrong. When some players get really high in rank it's hard for them to get a match and then they don't really like who they are matched up against so they "rank down" to be able to get easier matches and more arena tickets. They unequip their deck so that all the cards they have left are from what they are wearing. When they discard all of those cards then they have none and the match is over. I hate when I come across someone doing this because usually I end up in a battle with them on more than one occasion and they feel they are "giving" you the match. Sorry this had to happen to you but atleast you know what they are doing the next time you have to deal with this.

How can you really say they "feel" they are giving you the match, when facts dictate they really are. There is no feeling, when someone in any game surrenders, because they are GIVING you the win.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
DarkSpider4 wrote:

he or she was ranking down they trashed all there cards as soon as your out of cards the fight is over did you win this fight