Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Veteran's Day Thank You

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
I would like to take the time to thank Kingsisle for making this Veteran's Day event as it acknowledges those who gave their lives for us. I would ALSO liek to give a BIG thank you to every veteran out there, whether they are alive or have passed away. For without their valor, courage, and bravery, who knows where we would be? So I would like to salute all veterans out there and say, thank you for giving us our freedom even at the cost of your own lives. may the good lord watch over you all. It's like they say, "There is no freedom we have that isn't painted red." I completely agree with that statement and would give out a last thanks to everyone that gave their lives for us to be able to express our freedoms and to do what we do. :D :D :) :)

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
As a veteran, may I say thank you for what you wrote. I also would like to thank Ki for their recognition of us all, past, present and future. Many times today the words are not spoken and many of us, veterans that is, never hear those words. I have met many former as well as current and future soldiers here. I never pass up that opportunity to thank them as it is true, No Freedom is Free and None exist that is not painted red. I have always tried to live by a unwritten code if you will. No Retreat, No Surrender and No One gets left Behind. To this day, no one ever was. No matter what the circumstances were, no one ever was. My heartfelt thanks also go out to all who serve, served and will serve. Without you, there is and will be no freedom. I salute you one and all and I shed a tear for all my fallen comrades who have passed on. I am honored to be a member of that close family and to have served beside you. May we all find the peace we seek.

James DreamRider
USArmy Retired

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I too applaud KI for recognizing this holiday. No other MMO that I know of did anything special for it. This is even a holiday celebrated by other countries, although it is called other names (Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Day, and Armistice Day). Really thoughtful.

Administrator
Please see the Veteran's Day page for more information.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/promotions/veteransday

If you qualified, and provided a valid email address, you should receive a code for the sword after November 13th 2009. Codes will be sent out over the course of a week, and not everyone will receive their codes at the same time.

If you have not received your code by the end of the month, please reply to this email and we will investigate.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Gamma wrote:
If you qualified, and provided a valid email address, you should receive a code for the sword after November 13th 2009. Codes will be sent out over the course of a week, and not everyone will receive their codes at the same time.

Thank you Gamma however, this post had little to do with the gift you are offering in our recognition as it is a thank you to those of us who serve/served/will serve as well as to you at KI for recognizing us. Never before have I seen the turn out as I have seen these past months of Members of the armed forces, all branches, coming together in a game, playing as one as I have here. Yes, there is a big rivalry between branches. ~= Whispers quietly=~ Army rules all others drool... =~ But I have seen all branches here and all of us play the same as we do in real life. We each cover our buddies, male and female alike, and all of us enjoy chatting with the little ones as well as watching out for them as well.

Soldiers are a special breed of people. Its not something you can enter into lightly it has to be something you were born with. A drive and desire to serve and to defend. To do whatever it takes to ensure the safety and security of this great nation. It is never a pretty thing to do. Soldiers are asked to do more than any other type person in the world is asked.

KI? Thank you for remembering us. To many have forgotten what price freedom has attached to it any more. To many times freedom is taken for granted. To many forget.

To all my brethren, thank you for what you did/do, and for all my fallen comrades, may you finally have the peace we all seek.

James DreamRider