Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Obsidian Chest: Mooshu, The Burial Grounds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I am having a very hard time trying to go into the building in the Ancient Burial Grounds where the last peice of the dragon rider staff that Is needed In Dragonspire in order for me to get closer to Malistaire. I Defeated Wavebringer, and did all availible quests in Mooshu, and I cant enter the building that has the chest. Untill I can get help, I am unable to do more quests in Dragonspire. The place is the forest spirit shrine, is there a way for me to enter now? :?

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
My sister and I are having the same problem. We cant get into that one place in mooshu burial grounds.
~Taylor Darkheart Lvl. 46 :?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

It isn't just Wavebringer that has quests to be done.

It is also Mossback and Oakheart. You must have missed something.

This was an earlier post from Gamma... Hope it helps...

If Theurgists are having trouble completing your level 48 Life spell quest, you must complete a sidequest in MooShu in order to have access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace.

You must complete these quests, in this order, to get to Oakheart in the Jade Palace. A lot of these quests are the same side quests that you need to complete for the “Wizard Tours” quest or Obsidian Chests quest to get access to the one chest in MooShu.

Cave of Solitude
1. I’m Cursed (from Mossback)
2. Rock On (from Mossback)

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Village of Sorrow
1. Tainted Forest (from Wavebringer)
2. Forest Spirit (from Wavebringer)

Tree of Life
1. The Great Forest (from Oakheart)
2. Everlasting Forest (from Oakheart)

“Everlasting Forest” quest will give you access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace!

If you are not sure if you have completed any of these quests, or are still having trouble, contact Support with your username and character name and they will help you get moving forward.
{o,o}
|)_)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Village of Sorrow quests are the first ones that most people miss, since Wavebringer is easy to miss there. Wavebringer and Oakheart (in the next quests in the series) are easy to find using the map feature.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Thnx for the help but almost imediatly after i posted someone came and helped us get in. Thnx for the suggestions!

~Taylor Darkheart Lvl. 47

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
There are no quests for me from Mossback or Wavebringer. I am 99% certain I finished ALL quests in Moo Shu. I frankly think it is unconscionable, whatever the reason, that people who have invested time and money to get to end game should have to deal with this for.. what? a year? Posts on this forum and fansite forums are at least a year old. So.. the solution is for me to stand around, change realms, post on here begging for help? That's it? Thanks for nothing, KI.

I cannot access the hut in Ancient Burial Ground to complete the Obsidian Chest quest needed to CONTINUE my game. Just in case you haven't seen this problem/question before KI.. there it is.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
slbbw wrote:
There are no quests for me from Mossback or Wavebringer. I am 99% certain I finished ALL quests in Moo Shu. I frankly think it is unconscionable, whatever the reason, that people who have invested time and money to get to end game should have to deal with this for.. what? a year? Posts on this forum and fansite forums are at least a year old. So.. the solution is for me to stand around, change realms, post on here begging for help? That's it? Thanks for nothing, KI.

I cannot access the hut in Ancient Burial Ground to complete the Obsidian Chest quest needed to CONTINUE my game. Just in case you haven't seen this problem/question before KI.. there it is.

I am 100% certain you did not, because if you did you would have access to Oakheart (not to mention that having access to Oakheart is actually a side quest in Mooshu - not just the obsidian chest quest from DS).

The solution is to drop your attitude and go do the quests you skipped earlier on.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Go back to the Village of Sorrow and run down to where you see Wavebringer on your map. There should be something for you to do there.

slbbw wrote:

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I am having that same problem with getting the last chest for Malistaire. I can't get into the last dojo either I am Fire and there is no quest for me to do either to get into that dojo. How do I get that chest to complet it? I am level 45 and completed everything!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I am having the same issue on my ice wizard. I did I'm Cursed, Wear Your Gloves, and the next step is to go speak to Wavebringer in Shirataki Temple. And he's not there. I followed the order exactly, have fought him before (obviously, to get to Plague Oni, you have to), and he's not appearing where the arrow from Mossback tells me to go. I have had people tell me I missed a quest, but I didn't. So, to complete the entire series, and get to the obsidian chest, I understand what I have to do, but I don't understand why the boss I need to speak with after Wear Your Gloves is not there. I believe this is why people are frustrated, and I certainly hope someone can either fix the bug that is causing this, or share with the numerous people who are having this problem what, exactly, we are doing incorrectly. Erin Ice Weaver, magus.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I have gone to talk with Mossback in all of the above listed places, but nothing happens. I am assuming it is because I have completed the side quests, but I still have no luck getting in to the Burial Grounds to get the other chest. I have talked to customer support but they just gave me the same list. So can some one help me?

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Here is what you do:

1. Look at your quests. If you find ANY mooshu ones, Finish it.

2. Sometimes the spiral wont go up. just go on top of it and see
If something pops up.

3. Find wavediger, ETC, and check on them for quests.

4.If your below 45lvl, Try a friend helping you.

5.The chest will be hidden in the corner. If you try to get it without
Being Attacked, It wont work.

6. The boss "helper" has about 675 Health, The boss Has
About 1,785??

Hope this helps! :-) :-) :-)

-Amy, Level 49 death