Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

my stupidest itea yet: Cusom Crafting

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
this is an idea that would provide a true goal for crafters IMO, a real and useful reason to spend the time, money, effort, and sanity getting that master artisan badge.

Perhaps in Celest (the new world), after a very long dangerous and expensive quest we could encounter an NPC that can custom design recipes for items that we can make.

Something like this;
talk to the character and he explains that he can make a recipe that will make an item with the characteristics that you choose.
he asks what type of item you would like to make. Hat, Robe, Shoes, Wand, Deck, etc...

then up comes a work sheet with options for what you want it to do.
for example i might select a robe that provide 10% power pips, 13% life power, and 10% global armor, and 1 dryad spell and name it Gaia's Blessed Robe.

he then tells you that it will require a 10,000 gold NON REFUNDABLE deposit for him to try to make this recipe. come back in a week and see what i have for you.

this will give KI Staff a week to review submissions and determine if the item can be allowed or is just too rediculously over powered to be allowed in the game. the 10,000 gold NON REFUNDABLE deposit is to prevent the Staff from having to review submissions for hats that give 20,000 health or shoes that give + 50 storm accuracy and +500% storm damage.

come back in a week and the character either tells you that such an item can not be crafted, sorry, and that 10,000 gold is not refundable. (if the request is not outrageous, just pushing the limits of what KI is comfortable allowing, then the shop keeper may be gracious enough to make a full or partial refund anyway)
or, if he has a recipe for you, it will cost this much to purchase (counting the deposit against the purchase price) you may even get some money back.

the recipe should be based on the powers and strengths of the item, a formula could be made for this (if life damage bonus is selected then X number of black lotus are required per point of bonus, if life damage and resist bonuses are both selected then X number of Black Pearls are required per point of bonus. and yes the requirements for these items should be bordering on outrageous.)

then all you need to do is spend the next month or two gathering required reagents and make your new item
which should be NO AUCTION, NO TRADE, NO SELL. yes no sell, this item is usable by one person only and no one buy it because it would not work for anyone else.

as i said in the subject line it's my stupidest idea yet, but i still like it and would enjoy everyones feed back on it.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
My hope is that in the new world we will get the chance to go from Master Crafters to Grandmaster Crafters and do this specialized crafting ourselves. My guess besides custom crafting is that Grandmasters could craft all school spells in their school, and those spells found available as a secondary school for other schools.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
That's actually not a bad idea.. But, I wish I could do that. My highest one is in Krokotopia. Because, Wul Yahum keeps saying "Come back to me when you have crafted the three swords" Which i already did like 20x.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I think thats an awesome idea, maybe they could just have a form ya fill out with their own value ideas.

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
I totally agree! By that I mean, it is stupid. Just kidding!

Though I'm not really a big fan of Crafting: This is a great idea. You should be able to take any item you want, and someone makes a recipe for it. Or, someone takes all of your reagents and offer you recipes!

WaddleDeeMan

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
Wul Yahum keeps saying "Come back to me when you have crafted the three swords" Which i already did like 20x.

First, i am not trying to be sarcastic or derisive in any way, but

are you sure, absolutely certain, check your quest log and your crafting recipe list. are you sure that you are crafting the item he is asking for.

it is a stupid, stupid, stupid mistake that I made on the very first crafting assignment from euedora tangletree. i bought the wrong censored censored censored recipe and kept making it over and over again trying to figure out what i was doing wrong.

since this is a moderated board i cannot tell you what i said and did after i figured out what i was doing wrong.

just check and make sure you are crafting the correct item for him.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
I like this idea, too. It should be for Master Artisans only, though. But I have a new idea related to one of the earlier posts. Okay, here it is. In the new world (possibly Celestia), there is some type of new Crafting teacher, except he doesnt give you any big crafting quests (for instance, Marleybone's Scrap Iron...). But if you talk to him, he takes your Reagents, and shows icons of the possible clothes he could make for you with the Reagents he took. If you don't like any of them, you cancel the screen, and he says something like come back later or something like that. I hope you like my idea.

-Kane LifeBane, level 36 Life Wizard-

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
Ithink this is an EXELLENT idea, It would give me a reason to craft more

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Snivel wrote:
XMike551X wrote:
Wul Yahum keeps saying "Come back to me when you have crafted the three swords" Which i already did like 20x.

First, i am not trying to be sarcastic or derisive in any way, but

are you sure, absolutely certain, check your quest log and your crafting recipe list. are you sure that you are crafting the item he is asking for.

it is a stupid, stupid, stupid mistake that I made on the very first crafting assignment from euedora tangletree. i bought the wrong censored censored censored recipe and kept making it over and over again trying to figure out what i was doing wrong.

since this is a moderated board i cannot tell you what i said and did after i figured out what i was doing wrong.

just check and make sure you are crafting the correct item for him.

Sorry, I was checking this tonight, and noticed it. I am over this problem, It said I didn't craft it, but I went back and crafted it again. But, I am in DS crafting, and made it to Master Artisan.