Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun vs. Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
jotun is way harder because you are a lower lvl when you have to defeat jotun and you defeat malastaire when you are a lvl 50 or something so i think jotun so owns

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I totally agree. I did 4v4 with Malistaire and Jotun and it took ages to do Jotun. KI should really lower Jotun; i liked the challenge but if GH is supposed to be an all rounding level where you keep going back and forward to it and DS is supposed to be a build-up to fight the almighty Malistaire, they should lower it a bit!

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
As several people have stated, take out Jotun's brothers first in the dungeons on either side of him and then do his dungeon, that will leave him with only one regular grendel side-kick, no brothers.

Also, completing Grizzleheim used to be optional. There was nothing after it, so the battles were more challenging (I think the Ravenscar Coven is far more difficult than Jotun). Now that you have to complete it to move on to Wintertusk, KI has altered Jotun's dungeon to allow you to sneak past mobs. I managed to get all the way to him with none of the other grendels 'grabbing' me. The maze dungeon was the same. The other dungeon you have to fight several bosses to unlock the doors, but they are not hard. 2 level 40 characters had no trouble. I did all 3 dungeons in about an hour and a half and did not die or do any 'flee and port' tricks to move through.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Trevorhouff wrote:
Jotun is so strong especially with the other two bosses. I don't know why everyone says that Malistare is the strongest boss And Malistare hardly ever attacks ( I'm a level 39)

-_- some time ago, malistare use to be 100,000 health and could use a meteor strike with little to no pip cost -_-

Explorer
Aug 14, 2009
Well i admit jotun is hard, and malistaire dont seem like it, but jotun is VERY wimpy now, back on test he killed a lot of people and yeah to me i think the winner would be malistaire, because he is still the main threat IN the game.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Darkrai000 wrote:
malistaire still is the biggest threat in the game, here are some reasons why:
1.if you followed the order dorrectly you should face the brothers by themselves, then once you gotten rid of them, you can fight jotun (who is with only 1 brother i think)

Tried that. Took me absolutely ages. Went to see Jotun. His brothers were still there.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
Darkrai000 wrote:
malistaire still is the biggest threat in the game, here are some reasons why:
1.if you followed the order dorrectly you should face the brothers by themselves, then once you gotten rid of them, you can fight jotun (who is with only 1 brother i think)
2. no matter what you do with malistaire he will always summon three servants to help him, making it very difficult to solo
3.jotun is soloable you just have to do the fights the right way, there was a guide on it but i forgot where it was.
4. malistaire is impossible to solo due to the three minions

so in my opinion Malistaire owns.

But Jotun is still more powerful! More life always is da BEAST! Like really, i did malistaire in about 30 mins(with two people). Yes, but jotun took me about an hour and a half(with three people). So hah!

Me and one other person killed Jotun in 15 minutes. I was level 50 and he was like 55.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2011
I soloed Jotun as a lvl 45 Storm Wizard it took me about 5 hours. First, I beat his brothers and then it took me 5 attempts to beat Jotun. This so far has been the longest and most challangeing part of the game.