Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Veterans Day Promotion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Is the promotion for Veterans Day only for active military members, because my mom is currently retired from the military and she was interested in the promotion? Please help.

Administrator
Please see the Veterans Day Promotion page for more information:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/promotions/veteransday

On this Veterans Day November 11th, KingsIsle Entertainment would like to thank all veterans, current military personnel and their families.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
It's irritating a little bit, I know my family were in quite a few wars. Uncle - Vietnam, Great Grandfather - WW1, Grandfather -WW2, Cousin - Gulf War. But I can't find any information on the internet about it.

I wonder if Wizard101 could set up some kind of ancestory database access somewhere?

Hero
May 02, 2009
I know that my grandpa served in the marines/navy, so hopefully he qualifies as a veteran.

As long as at least 1 of our relatives qualifies as a veteran, we can get that veteran sword, right?

Just trying to make sure.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009

From the linked page above:

"3. If you do not have a valid military email address, please enter you or your immediate family member's enlist date and where you were most recently stationed."

The key here is "immediate family." That would mean Mother, Father, Brother, Sister and Wife/ Husband plus Children if such applies.

Veterans Day on Nov. 11 is a US Holiday. I would suspect that it's for US military only as we don't usually honor other country's armed forces on the same day we honor ours.

On Nov. 10th, I would like to offer my fellow Marines a Happy 234th Birthday his year.

Semper Fi

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Ralskie wrote:
It's irritating a little bit, I know my family were in quite a few wars. Uncle - Vietnam, Great Grandfather - WW1, Grandfather -WW2, Cousin - Gulf War. But I can't find any information on the internet about it.

I wonder if Wizard101 could set up some kind of ancestory database access somewhere?

Are you serious??? lol Ask yourself this simple question. Did You, Mom or Dad. brother or sister or Grandparent (the parents of your parents) serve in the military. Immediate family means a First degree relative... Spouse, parent, sibling, or child. It doesn't need a database.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I wasn't asking to get confirmation for the game... I was saying so we can actually find out about our families smart guy.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
You're asking a MMORG to help you with genealogy? Do you also ask your local Wal-Mart Supercenter for help with your math homework?

I would suggest any of several genealogy programs available at retail stores. I use Family Tree Maker, though there are lots of choices. Look for one that offers links to on-line search facilities. They usually have lots of help features to get you started.

The first stop, however, in learning about your family tree is to talk to all your living relatives for names and stories.

Good luck!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
tlr1950 wrote:

Veterans Day on Nov. 11 is a US Holiday. I would suspect that it's for US military only as we don't usually honor other country's armed forces on the same day we honor ours.

As the 11th November is important to many countries and It is indeed Rememberance Day in my country I would suspect that would be slightly unfair on the millions of people who have fought for their Country and deserve the same respect.