Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth minions not helpful enough

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I have been having Trouble in Dragonspyre because my minions fail to be any help . Myth's Main focus is summoning minions to aid them in battle, and yet there is a school with better minions than myth.The death card ANIMATE is for X pips and summons a minion. They are more powerful than myth minions and Minotaur minion is a really big backwards jump from cyclopes minion.I really think myth minions need to be more powerful.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
First the X cost to summon a minion is more of a burden then you may be aware. Its the only minion summon that has no set cost, and that every pip that goes into it drastically changes what the minion does. Since it uses ALL of your pips this makes summoning and having spare pips for what you need next almost impossible (not even accounting for how long you sit alone getting beat up trying to summon a 'powerful' minion)

Now I am not an expert in Myth school, as I just barely started one a few days ago, I have found my minion to be extremely helpful (not so much the Golem, but the Troll has been a savior a couple times even at the 1 pip and I just barely got the Cyclops Minion at 18 and have yet to use it).

Death also only gets one pet related spell (that I can remember anyways) and that hurts our minion for a heal (only like 400hp). Myth gets like four that i know of for sure, if not more.

So if you still want to say Death gets the best minion after reading the above, allow me to provide these quick statistics:
*Starting with the Level 40 Wand with +1 Power Pip, the minimum number of rounds to summon a 14 pip minion is 6 Rounds, assuming you PP every turn and use 0 cost or Pass.
*Only 4 of the death minions are known to use Taunt; the 1,2,8 and 9 pip cost.
*Most Death Wizard's attacks heal as well, so more pips = more attacks = more health (Plus minions have a tendency to ruin traps before you can use them properly)
*Myth Minions cost no more then 4 pips, and you know exactly what you are gonna get.
*Death Minion requires at least 7 pips to have as much health as Minotaur Minion which only costs 3.
*Death School does not get Animate until Lvl28, by that time we have found a way to deal with two or more enemies at once.

As far as DS goes, its a lot harder then Mooshu was at any point, as soon as you get there. Your Minotaur Minion, should be able to draw the attacks away from you long enough to set up an attack or two, or at the least get healed and shielded.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Fizzydrink wrote:
I have been having Trouble in Dragonspyre because my minions fail to be any help . Myth's Main focus is summoning minions to aid them in battle, and yet there is a school with better minions than myth.The death card ANIMATE is for X pips and summons a minion. They are more powerful than myth minions and Minotaur minion is a really big backwards jump from cyclopes minion.I really think myth minions need to be more powerful.
Yeah because to me the cyclops kinda fights like the helpful mander. And yes i dont at all understand why death has the strongest minions i mean earthquake is only good for pvp i mean compared to stormzilla, helephant etc. And the damage that earthquake does i mean storm shark does WAY more damage.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I had a Myth GM and have since retired him. In my experience, playing with the minions and as Myth was a pain when compared to the other schools. It was tiresome and boring. When I got to DS especially, my minions were more of a hinderance than helpful. I've played every school and Myth was the most boring to play by far. Several of my friends started Myth wizards and stopped playing them for the same reason. This wasn't as apparent to me until I got a chance to play through the other schools. My best advice is to get someone to play with you so you dont have to rely on your minions. A real person will see the battle and understand the reality of what is going on. If you have played as other schools or if/when you do play through as other schools, you will see first hand what I mean.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Said it once and I will say it again...minions need to up graded. Get rid of the henchmen and make your...our minions better in battles!!! No crowns needed!!! We earned to have our minions by doing quests. Is it to much to ask that they should work with us like the henchmen do right now!? come on everyone...no crowns to summon a minion that would actually work with you. I think there is already enough crown buying things!!!! Put a couple in your deck and there you go!!! boycott henchmen!!!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I like myth, but the minions just arent good enough. they should add more cyclops after cyclops warrior,like death minions, and same with minatour minion. you should be able to control what the minion does, like a split screen in a fight.

i hope my reply was helpful, KI,

Ryan Mythstone
Level 45 conjurer (sry if misspelled)