Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tell us...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Personally i think mb is the second best world :D however here are some things
that should be added to mb

1 a life sized model mb balloon car a furnature item

2don't buy a ticket go on the balloon car in digmoore station just get on it

3 make the furnature item work (steer it too)

those are the things that should be added

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Well A couple of things for me and MB
You def. get pulled in to MUCH
And I have to agree The annoying ticket after ticket
Other then those it is fine:)
Grand Master LIFE

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Marleybone is my favorite world including my favorite boss, my favorite dungeon and a great theme of Sherlock Holmes. How ever I hate the fact that all those enemies pull me into a duel. What also is hard is the fact that I had to leave and go into my least favorite world, Mooshu.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
Here's my pet peeve: All the boss villains are cats!!!! I'm a cat lover, so that really urks me! And all the henchmen are cats, rats, or frogs! Why can't some of the villains be dogs? And some of the law enforcement or innocent bystanders be cats or rats or frogs? If this is an example of Marleybone racial prejudice, I wish you'd call attention to it - maybe have Sherlock Bones lend support to the Feline Equality movement.

Even the innocent cats and frogs are in jail, accused of crimes they didn't commit. I really think the Marleybonites are prejudiced against non-canines! No wonder the Storm teacher (forgot his name) had to move to Wizard City to get equal treatment!

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
So far, Marleybone is my favorite world! (I haven't gotten to Moo Shu or Dragonspire yet.)

I don't know how recently MB was revamped, but I don't have too many problems navigating around the baddies. I just pause at every rooftop to look around and make sure a mob isn't coming close to me, then sprint to the next crossing grid and look around again. When a mob is moving close to me, I turn to face it so my pet doesn't get me sucked into a fight (since your pet always stays by your side).

I don't mind the social quests, cos sometimes I want to do a quest that doesn't involve fighting, especially late at night when I'm tired. I just let them stack up till I have several in the same area so I don't have to do so much backtracking. It's not like there's any time limit on the quests.

I haven't had too much problems with the dungeons. That could be because I started MB when I was at level 30 (I think). When I run into a really difficult one that I can't seem to finish, I'll go do some quests in Grizzleheim to level up and then go tackle MB again. I'm also Life + Storm with some Fire, so that probably helps some.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
My only peeve's in MB is that I get sucked into battle A LOT when I don't want to and some of the quests are too far away from each other. I have to travel far between some quests and it gets annoying because of being sucked into a battle while heading to a quest. I hate that, especially since I travel near the sides but somehow I always end up in a duel.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
What is it that people hate Marleybone so much? I like all the resons that everyone else hates. I really like the dog people and how there are places named close to a real place in England, for example Barkingham Palace or Big Ben. Riding in balloon cars is very cool, I don't find them anoying at all, if you don't like it, just skip the ride, no big deal. I have the Metropolitan Manor and I love sitting on the balcony and stare into the stars above. Finally as you might be able to tell it is old fashioned haven't you seen the dogs clothes and the old cars parked near the side walk in Regent Square so very neat. It is funny seeing dogs wearing clothes like their rich (and they are.) I have to say the people who made Marleybone did a great job. ;)

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
I love, Love, LOVE Marleybone. It is by far my favorite world. I love the darkness, I love the London-esque atmosphere. I have no problem navigating the roof tops and rarely get sucked into battle when I don't want to. I don't think Katzenstein's Lab is all that difficult and the Ironworks I can pretty much do with my eyes closed. Big Ben is challenging but not overly so. I think MB has a lot to offer and would not want to see it change.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Wow, can't believe I missed this poll!

I currently have on grandmaster storm, and FOUR other wizards stuck in MB. I just hate it so much. :'(

I didn't get to vote, but I would have voted for getting pulled into unwanted battles. We really need safe zones for traveling in MB.

What I also highly dislike about MB is the towers. They require large chunks of time that I just don't often have. Sometimes we can play for only 20 or 30 minutes, and don't have the hour or more that it may take to complete MB quests. In my opinion, Big Ben should be the only tower there, or there should be fewer levels for counterweight east and west, etc.

Initially, I loved MB. I liked the theme, and the music, but it got to be so frustrating getting pulled into all the battles on the rooftops (which all look similar). Now MB is my least favorite, it puts a damper on the game for us.

With my grandmaster, I ended up taking more than four months off from playing after getting discouraged with MB. I stopped my subscription during that time, and played other games. Eventually (when I was home sick for a while), I completed MB and then it was all good from there.

Mooshu is my favorite world! There's so many different kinds of quests, not just towers and battles, it makes it interesting. I love the Onis. I prefer big bosses like those to towers and dungeons. I often go back and battle the Jade Oni solo, just for the challenge. If I die, it's not like I had invested a lot of time into it, so I am not discouraged from trying again.

DS was hard, it took about as much time to complete as did MB, but that was expected as it was the hardest world, and while completing it, I got my last spell, so it was worth it!

Please make some changes to MB. Safe travel zones would be a huge improvement.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
i LOVE marleybone but it is Too repetitive and i get bored and don't do my quests :?
but i do LOVE marleybone :) :) :) :) :)
hope you can fix this
thank you

Taylor LifeDreamer
level 36
Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Way too easy to get forced into a duel, I realize this is part of the challenge, but fights in this game take a long time already. ;p Also the constant running around gets old very fast. It's my least favorite zone for those two reasons. Other than that, it's a good zone. :)

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Although I do think it is too dark and mysterious, I don't like Marleybone cause it takes forever and once I beat the game Kengingston Park was still way to hard.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
What is one thing about Marleybone that you like the least?

Like the least!? How am I supposed to answer that?! Marleybone is the BEST WORLD don't ever change it

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
itachi448 wrote:
i think marlybone is to long, and too dark.

Again with complaining about the darkness. (*sighs*) I love the darkness!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
giraffesman3705 wrote:
itachi448 wrote:

i agree with you! but i think its too dark and gloomy. sort of like a bit depressing. when i played marleybone, i dreaded and still do every area. its so dark and gloomy. if anything, you should make MB different from the other worlds, by making the world be able to actually change from day to night!

Again with the complaints about darkness! For the tenth time the darkness and gloomyness is great!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
How about renting cars in MB (like mounts)? Only usable in MB, you can drive down the street and run over those rats, cats and brats. Can you say squish? How about rat pancake?

I agree

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
hawaii618 wrote:
I think that MB is too hard and that the biggest issue is the clockworks in Chelsea Court and Katzenstein's lab and i want to get to mooshu so badly and that mooshu is WAY easier than Katz. Lab :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Katz. lab can't be that bad. Can it? I teleported to a friend in Mooshu while fighting the jade oni. We had to both summon our minions and use full power to defeat the jade oni the final boss of Mooshu. Also the jade oni is a rank 10 the same as Malistare! So with that being said, Katz. lab can't be that bad in compairison to the jade oni.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
DarkStorm824 wrote:
pookie0163 wrote:
giraffesman3705 wrote:
itachi448 wrote:

i agree with you! but i think its too dark and gloomy. sort of like a bit depressing. when i played marleybone, i dreaded and still do every area. its so dark and gloomy. if anything, you should make MB different from the other worlds, by making the world be able to actually change from day to night!

I think that MB is way, way to long! It needs to have less quests and stuff. OH! Ther are MB pets except there is only one; Rat Magician.

Well I think there's also a Mechanical Spider, right? I saw somebody in MS with a mechanical spider

From what I heard you get it from the final boss in Kengston park. If you're lucky he/she will drop it.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
ravenhecate wrote:
I love, Love, LOVE Marleybone. It is by far my favorite world. I love the darkness, I love the London-esque atmosphere. I have no problem navigating the roof tops and rarely get sucked into battle when I don't want to. I don't think Katzenstein's Lab is all that difficult and the Ironworks I can pretty much do with my eyes closed. Big Ben is challenging but not overly so. I think MB has a lot to offer and would not want to see it change.

If it's so easy to do the Ironworks then you should help me.

Community Leader
I actually like Marleybone ,it is a bit repetitive but in all I love the style and theme. I found if I don't use a mount I don't get pulled into battles as much and the new teleporter system sure helps alot.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
i don't like it when you keep getting pulled into battles and when people say help and you go and help them then they flee!

Destiny D. lv 32 fire wizard