Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tell us...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
WEll MB was tough when I was still venturing around in it. But the way KI designed it..... *drops dead* it's wonderful. The graphics are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When ever I need a "old time" feeling, I go to MB.

In fact I'm gonna go to MB right now..

MB is addicting..... at least for me it is.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
To be honest,when i first made it to Marleybone i was kinda not excited. My least favorite thing about it was THE MONSTERS! :x They drove me INSANE :x But the one thing I will never forget is Kat`z lab it took me 2 WEEKS to finish it (partly because everybody hates me and im a diviner ) oh well...

it would be cool if there was sidewalks in marleybone :Dthat would make my life a little bit better...

Jared Stormblade grandmaster diviner

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
<blockquote>
<div>
<cite>Willowdreamer wrote:</cite>I agree with the previous poster who said it was a hassle to have to always get a ticket to go to Hyde Park and Chelsea Court. I used to think it was hard to get around without getting pulled into battle, but by the time I was finishing, I had learned the enemies patterns and it was not that difficult anymore. The sameness of all the rooftops is kind of confusing. Kensington Park just made me so mad with it's impossibility that I have not been back inside it after dying five times.

Perhaps a character like Diego (or that Reginald Baxby) could greet newcomers and give them a short tutorial about the different enemies they will meet and how to deal with them, like the different speeds they run and their patterns, in addition to explaining the different ways to get around.

[/quote=nightcrawler] I agree about Kensington all the way!!! I like MB a lot. I dont have problems moving around. Besides I like looking for reagents and helping others. My death person has a home from there. I am definitely not to fond of gear heads :?

Survivor
Nov 07, 2008
giraffesman3705 wrote:
itachi448 wrote:
i think marlybone is to long, and too dark.

i agree with you! but i think its too dark and gloomy. sort of like a bit depressing. when i played marleybone, i dreaded and still do every area. its so dark and gloomy. if anything, you should make MB different from the other worlds, by making the world be able to actually change from day to night!

I think that MB is way, way to long! It needs to have less quests and stuff. OH! Ther are MB pets except there is only one; Rat Magician.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Hollen1233 wrote:
The game lags so much in Marleybone. It starts when I come through the spiral door. Whenever I change locations and see the loading screen, it lags so bad. Sometimes I have been able to count slowly to 60 before the loading screen changes to the new location. This only happens to me in Marleybone.
i agree on you so much if i ever go to marley bone my computer lags so much that after that i get of the game for like an hour and my friends wonder were i go also that other person is right ya should make a day and night cycle plus i hate how long it takes just to do a quest to talk to someone far away i would get caught in battles on the way there and it is so meaningless just to talk to some one on the other side of the world just so they can send you back to the person that sent you to them

Defender
May 11, 2009
ok one it is dark, i mean is mb somehow in alaska, 6 months of day 6 months of night

and two most important
for the crafting quest with the stinger of the scorpion and constellation jewl, i made onther for each like greyrose told us to, and in my quest thing it tells me to talk to the girl dog, but ALWAYS when i get there she has a grey question mark above her head and she still expects me to do it, so i cant complete the quest! AHHH! SOMEONE HELP ME! IT IS MY ONLY QUEST I HAVE IN MY SPELLBOOK!!!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I have many many comments on Marleybone.
1.) Even with a mount, you still can't be fast enough to not get caught in a duel. I dread walking through the streets of Marleybone.
2.) So drawn out! From tons of sidequests that lead you astray to too many locations to beat, I absolutely hate helping and/or having a wizard in there.
3.) You can't solo in dungeons or towers! I mean they are so long and annoying, it takes me and my friend almost as long as it takes us to finish Malistaire (although we faster than the average wizards).
4.) I agree with qitty's post. All those dogs and other creatures gave out so many (going to steal their word here) social quests. Invitations to a dance, let's assign all the poor wizards to hand them out! Collect paper to make them! Oh, why not get some ink now! Half the time I just repeatedly pressed the NEXT button while waiting for them to finish their constant gibbering. Part of the reason why I don't listen to the voices there. Who really cares if dear little Susie doesn't get her scarf?

Mooshu and Marleybone are my least favorite worlds. So many sidequests! In Mooshu you cannot wait to be done and in Dragonspyre. In Marleybone your just happy to never have to do Counterweight East and West and Big Ben again. I personally hate Marleybone.

Delver
May 04, 2009

DorcasAurelia wrote:
Having to obtain a new ticket every time I want to go to Chelsea Court, Hyde Park, or the Ironworks (haven't tried Kensington yet, but that would go in the list, too). It does add slightly to the immersion into the environment of the game, but if you have to go back and forth between a couple areas (like a few of the side quests require), it can get annoying.

For people having issues with the graphics, have you been to Mooshu yet? I don't notice a problem with Marleybone, but the bamboo forests of Mooshu slow my computer down just enough to be noticeable.

I just made it to MooShu and it is beautiful. So bright and fresh!
Not having any problems with the game lagging in MooShu. It's just Marleybone that gives me problems.

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard!
Ever since you moved the monsters to the street from the sidewalks they are closer to you than the street. What's with katzienstein's lab, whenever I need help with it in one of my many files, anyone i ask says, "no". Can you make it even a little easier.The only part of Marlybone I do like are the Counter weights and Big Ben.

Paul Legend Weaver Lv 50
Flint Ice Walker Lv 47
Paul Storm Wielder Lv 28 (almost 29)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
geting ticks is a wast of time. some people have every little time to have fun playin this alsome game.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2008
I found it challenging but I guess what annoyed me most were all the silly side task. Running around giving out invitations for a policeman's ball was not exactly wizards work. I could do with out having to take my time from the orignal quest. Otherwise, I enjoy Marleybone. A partner is certainly good thing to have there. Some levels was pretty intense. Thanks for listening.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
The thing i liked least about Marleybone is: the back and forth errand running quests.
I dont mind a few errands, but this area had a lot and they were very time consuming. Otherwise i love Marleybone: the cloths, the bosses and the scenery.

Justin Stormpyre
Grandmaster Storm

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
my biggest complaint about MB is that you guys did such a good job with all the graphics that every time i go there my computer lags SOOOOO bad. it just seems like it take FOREVER to load here. and when i got to any of the areas, its just as bad.
dude face it marleybone ROCKS!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
IT'S JUST THAT IT'S WAY TO HHHHHAAAARRRRDDD!!!! not to be mean but i just dont like MB

Survivor
May 30, 2009
When I always get pulled into a battle in Marleybone, I just press, the M key, which opens the menu, then I quit, and log abck on as my character and I'm out of the battle. It really helps. :) :-) :D

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008

It's really hard not to get in a fight. If I could change 1 thing it would be less bad dudes. Oh I almost forgot you should have a griffin for a riding animal or dinosaur. :D Love 101 don't stop!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
i hate marlybone for to reasons one i get pulled into battles easily in dungeons and that when i get pulled in at dungeons my friends leave me after i have been trying to get some one to go into dungeons with me for like too months! .also i love wiz 101 i'm vanessa emeraledglade you'll either see me in the hamestu village fighting pigs or in wizard city shopping district and the bazaar i am addictive to w 101

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Like the nice scenery of Marleybone. But it is really really really hard to navigate around without ending up in a battle. Sigh.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Well i have some "likes" and some "dislikes" here are they starting with the dislikes
1.Extremely Hard to navigate (which is challenging about this place)
2.Baloon Travel
3. Big ben
Well only 3 things i dislike about it her are my likes
1. Great soundtrack
2.Awesome houses
3.They used to had awesome crown gear (master coat of lizard, judgement hat etc.)
4. makes me have some memories since i was a noob

right now i like mb but not too much I have a grandmaster ice wizard and a magus life who just started mb and a whole bunch of wizards in krok

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Other- it is to dark but A LOT more than just that- its my least favorite world because it needs more atmosphere and more different characters- the dogs are to much. No sidewalks? BOO! Geez please change it a little- the music is bad too. And what is with that mostly unknown dungeon next to the ironworks? You don't need to COMPLETE it. And DS is sort of bad too- but that is another story.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Marleybone is ok, but it is just too dark and gloomy. Another thing that I do not like is Big Ben and the counterweights. It takes too long to finish. There are some children that only have a short amount of time to be on the game and to finish the long drawn out instance can be a problem. If they could start where they left off when they had to log out, then it would not be so bad.
Or just cut the number of battles for each.
I am an adult and I got hooked on it checking it out for my grandson. Love the game, and I play daily.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
I think thhat when you get access to marlybone you should be able to get a sword because if you get pulled into a duel you can finish it quickly :D

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
When my life went there it was so so annoying cause you keep getting pulled in and there is no sidewalks so its even more harder so yea but my life past it and now he is a grand so i'm happy :)

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
pookie0163 wrote:
giraffesman3705 wrote:
itachi448 wrote:
i think marlybone is to long, and too dark.

i agree with you! but i think its too dark and gloomy. sort of like a bit depressing. when i played marleybone, i dreaded and still do every area. its so dark and gloomy. if anything, you should make MB different from the other worlds, by making the world be able to actually change from day to night!

I think that MB is way, way to long! It needs to have less quests and stuff. OH! Ther are MB pets except there is only one; Rat Magician.

Well I think there's also a Mechanical Spider, right? I saw somebody in MS with a mechanical spider

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I think it needs a barricade in between the enemies and you because it is too easy to get into a battle that you dont want.Thx