Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amazing Disappointment in Storm Hound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
recently i got a storm hound from malistaire (never knew he dropped those), i thought it was going to be a great pet since (correct me if i am wrong) it is the highest cost wise crowns pet in the game. i have had him equipped for a few days, and he is a terrible pet, i don't get why he would cost so much, if you do not have accuracy shields on you, he barely works (even if you have stats in accuracy, i have 6% accross the board so it is really 76% got him to work once out of about 15 tries, don't think that is 76%), and if you dont have storm traps or blades and aren't from storm school (i'm not) so power pips don't work, the damage he does is terrible. i feel sorry for someone that might have bought the pet, i think he is 20,000 crowns or something, what a waste. Also he is worth more gold then my Wraith pet, which actually gives some bonuses and a spell also, he is like 2000 gold and the wraith is 500

So basically i am trying to say is why the storm hound pet worth 20,000+ crowns? he gives no stats and one wimpy spell (in my opinion) where is the $40 that is put into this pet when you buy it?

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
well it is tradable now so if you don't like it now get a storm and trade it and for your accuracy problem you are over exaggerating i get it to hit every time i use it i'm not even storm

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
First of all, some people misunderstand this spell. This is a storm spell, so of course it's gonna have a low accuracy. I dont think it should be lower than 75% though.

Another person said that the spell says it should deal 120 damage per pip per turn over 3 turns. Again, misunderstanding. The 120 is the total amount of damage dealt over the 3 turns. For example, cast it with 1 pip, the spell will deal 40 damage every turn, which adds up to 120.

So, it wont be much use to a non-storm person like you. However, it is a bit pricy and hard to drop. So, you got a very good item, maybe not for your school, but if you made a storm school i'm sure it will be very useful then.

Just my opinion, hope it helps! :-)

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
xGallagherx wrote:
recently i got a storm hound from malistaire (never knew he dropped those), i thought it was going to be a great pet since (correct me if i am wrong) it is the highest cost wise crowns pet in the game. i have had him equipped for a few days, and he is a terrible pet, i don't get why he would cost so much, if you do not have accuracy shields on you, he barely works (even if you have stats in accuracy, i have 6% accross the board so it is really 76% got him to work once out of about 15 tries, don't think that is 76%), and if you dont have storm traps or blades and aren't from storm school (i'm not) so power pips don't work, the damage he does is terrible. i feel sorry for someone that might have bought the pet, i think he is 20,000 crowns or something, what a waste. Also he is worth more gold then my Wraith pet, which actually gives some bonuses and a spell also, he is like 2000 gold and the wraith is 500

So basically i am trying to say is why the storm hound pet worth 20,000+ crowns? he gives no stats and one wimpy spell (in my opinion) where is the $40 that is put into this pet when you buy it?

Well if you are storm and use all the pips with traps and blades, he hits for huge amounts of points. I had one on a wizard I retired and when I did some bosses, he would one hit them easily. I took out Jotun with one hit using my storm hound. I agree if you are not storm and dont invest in traps and blades, it wont appear to be a good card. As far as accuracy, mine hit close to 80-85% of the time for me.