Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Over 50: "Immunity" cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
In the upcoming quests that allow player-characters to advance past level 50, it would be fun to see some bosses that are completely immune to one or even two schools of magic. Perhaps this is already true in the existing upper worlds; I don't know. It would encourage more use of prisms, secondary schools, and team play.

What if there was a new "Immunity" spell card available to wizards past level 50 that would offer them the same benefit, at least temporarily? Each could work similarly to the absorption armor cards available in Life & Ice, but would be specific to the one school of magic. The advantage would be to absorb more points, say about five or six hundred, for fewer pips, say 2.

In the interest of game balance, particularly PvP, an "Immunity" card would also act as a "Trap" card of the opposing school. So an "Immunity to Fire" shield would also act as an "Ice Trap" and could be dispelled with a single hit from Ice.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
At the higher levels some of the bosses end up with hugh defenses against a certain school making prisms in most cases necessary.

There are already cards that give immunity to a specific school's attacks. These are available at the secret trainer in WC (I think at lvl 20) and provides a 1-time immunity vs fire, storm or ice (3 different card types, each available for a training point), if I'm not mistaken. They are cast on a foe (costs pips though), and it neutralizes the next attack.... I wish they would have been designed to be cast on the player, rather than foe, like a super shield, but as they aren't I would rather buy a shield that costs 0-pips and use the mana to heal :)

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
The dispel cards of Quench, Melt, & Dissipate, as you mentioned, are directed at the foe and are only good for one spell, big or small.

"Immunity" cards would be closer to the Spirit Armor & Ice Armor cards, but specific to the school, potentially absorbing several spells' worth. Since they only protect against one school, they could absorb more points for fewer pips. So when a wizard was facing a boss specializing in the same school, it would give an extra defensive option.

The use of multiple 0-pip shields against multiple attacks would be a matter of personal preference. :)