Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can't hear voices

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
I'm having a very strange problem, when I'm in Grizzleheim I can't hear the voices(dialogue), but any other area such as wizard city, marleybone etc it works fine and I can hear the voices of the characters
Any ideas?

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I too have started to get the silent treatment from some of the dialogue in GH. It seems to be hit or miss where before all dialogue had voice sounds.

Administrator
Hmm this is disturbing. We had this same bug last year that we fixed, so I need your assistance in this matter.

If you're not hearing the dialog in Grizzleheim but you are hearing the dialog in other worlds, I need to know the status of the following file:

Folder: C:\Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Data\GameData

File Name: Sound_Dialogue_GH-WorldData.wad

If you DO NOT have this file, please let me know.

If you DO have this file, please let me know the current size of that file in KB.

Copy and paste this information into an email and send it to community@wizard101.com - I'll work with you to get this file and we'll figure out why it's not downloading.

Thank you!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Well I have a little idea of what is going on. I have NOT had that bug, BUT I have had something similar the only thing is that EVERYTHING had NO sound. It usally wears off. I just waited a few days. Maybe a week and it always wears off! So .... No worries it will not be like that forever of course .............
Bye! Rebecca GoldenFriend
Grandmaster Level 50, Ice

Hope you have a great day!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
This is what I did,
I found another computer with it working and copied the following file.

Seem like a bug to me, I had before tried removing and reinstalling but that didn't work

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Hmm this is disturbing. We had this same bug last year that we fixed, so I need your assistance in this matter.

If you're not hearing the dialog in Grizzleheim but you are hearing the dialog in other worlds, I need to know the status of the following file:

If you DO NOT have this file, please let me know.

If you DO have this file, please let me know the current size of that file in KB.

Copy and paste this information into an email and send it to community@wizard101.com - I'll work with you to get this file and we'll figure out why it's not downloading.

Thank you!