Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chests in Jotun Encounters

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
What's the deal with the new chests that appear after you defeat Jotun's brothers? They're asking me for 50 crowns in order to obtain.... what exactly?

My opinion: If I've already wasted two hours of my life defeating these guys, don't I deserve whatever goodies they happen to have?

The Crowns situation is totally out of hand.

Administrator
These are called Second Chances - from the Update Notes

Introducing Second Chances
Have you ever battled your way through a tough dungeon, only to be disappointed that you didn't receive the reward for your School? Well now players can pay a small fee to get a second chance at what's in the creatures pockets!

Many final boss encounters will contain a chest in the room that offers players a second chance to get the item they wanted off the creature they just defeated. Simply use the chest after your initial duel, pay a few Crowns and you are given a second chance at the exact same rewards the boss drops normally. These chests can only be used a certain number of times per day per character.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
hobodavid wrote:
Still it is kinda crazy because i already paid $10 for a mount.

I agree with you.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
hobodavid wrote:
Still it is kinda crazy because i already paid $10 for a mount.

Crowns cost from $1 for 750 crowns to $1 for 500 crowns.

A chestnut horse currently costs 4000 crowns.

4000/750 = $5.33

most expensive mount costs 15,000 crowns:

15,000/750 = $20.00

(note, if you buy crowns the expensive way at $1 = 500 crowns things will be more expensive, but buying in bulk is always cheaper in real life...)