Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The tedium of Ranking Down

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I've played Wizard 101 to the top, I've defeated Malistaire, now my preference is to play PvP.

Unfortunately more often than not I am matched with players who are "ranking down". I don't have hours to play, waiting for a real match. Time and again a match I have waited ages for turns into a "ranking down" session.

Please if someone wants to "Rank Down", let them! Give them an NPC who for a nominal fee will give them the pitiful rank they are desperate for. Stop wasting the time of those of us who would like a real honest PvP match.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
Lyrren wrote:
I've played Wizard 101 to the top, I've defeated Malistaire, now my preference is to play PvP.

Unfortunately more often than not I am matched with players who are "ranking down". I don't have hours to play, waiting for a real match. Time and again a match I have waited ages for turns into a "ranking down" session.

Please if someone wants to "Rank Down", let them! Give them an NPC who for a nominal fee will give them the pitiful rank they are desperate for. Stop wasting the time of those of us who would like a real honest PvP match.

I am one of those people that rank down, I am truly sorry as I didnt think about it on your side. But that being said, my reason for ranking down is the same reason you are ranting about people ranking down.... Let me explain:
There are two reasons people rank down.

1) My reason...I pvp, I win, I win alot.... my rank starts getting higher and higher. I cant get a match with anyone since most people have much lower rank than me. I love to pvp, I dont have time to sit for 30minutes or 1hour to wait for match. To fix it, I lose on purpose to get back around 1000 ranking to get matches quicker.

2) People rank down to get arena points quicker, again let me explain:
you first start with a rank of 500, alot of times you are playing against someone who dont know what they are doing or is new. You win pretty fast... eventually you start getting higher ranked and the match start getting tougher and tougher. So instead of getting the 10 arena points your were getting every 10 minutes or so, you are now battling for hours for a win and those 10 arena points. People will rank down to ...1) still get 3 arena points ( lose 3 times really fast = 9 arena points = 1 min. or win one and get 10 arena points but took 30 mins to get it. Which one is faster?

9 arena points in 1min or
10 arena points in 30min +