Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Assists "Crowns" Players More?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
Crowns players seem to have too many more advantages over non-crowns players. They can buy clothing in the crowns shop, sew clothes together so they not only LOOK awesome, but also have AWESOME STAT BOOSTS! Crowns players can decide that if they don't like a school, they can switch their secondary one. Crowns players have so many more advantages than non-crowns players, I'm starting to think Kingsisle forgot about those without crowns. In the end, we all subscribed, we paid $50, $60 sometimes more, sometimes less, but still I think that players that don't want to spend the extra money, should still get representation for the money they DID spend. Please give this a thought.
P.S. You could make us EARN our crowns at a lower rate than it would take to just buy them for the extra money.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
I COMPLETELY agree. I think that either - subscribers should get free crowns each month, OR, should be allowed to purchase anything with in game gold.

Administrator
Certain new additions such as Henchmen & Elixirs allow players to shortcut the time it takes to complete tasks in Wizard101, therefore we sell these items only for Crowns as they allow players to complete the game faster.
Players who do not wish to buy Crowns are not penalized and can still complete the tasks and the game in the regular amount of time.

When we introduced mounts, we wanted to make sure they were accessible to players in different ways. Players who choose to spend money in the game can buy mounts with Crowns they've purchased. Players who choose to spend time in the game can buy mounts with Gold they've earned through quests and duels.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Certain new additions such as Henchmen & Elixirs allow players to shortcut the time it takes to complete tasks in Wizard101, therefore we sell these items only for Crowns as they allow players to complete the game faster.
Players who do not wish to buy Crowns are not penalized and can still complete the tasks and the game in the regular amount of time.

When we introduced mounts, we wanted to make sure they were accessible to players in different ways. Players who choose to spend money in the game can buy mounts with Crowns they've purchased. Players who choose to spend time in the game can buy mounts with Gold they've earned through quests and duels.

I HATE to argue with a teacher. But I dont agree with the logic? So, you allow people who give you money to "cheat" and complete tasks faster? But those who dont give you money have to struggle through it? Here's $20 teacher, can I have an "A" on this test?

Why should only crowns players be allowed to do this? Subscribers are giving you money every month... shouldnt we be allowed this luxury as well? We work just as hard and would like to benefit from extra gold and exp for battling.

Thank you very much for your response Professor.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
StaticFX wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I HATE to argue with a teacher. But I dont agree with the logic? So, you allow people who give you money to "cheat" and complete tasks faster? But those who dont give you money have to struggle through it? Here's $20 teacher, can I have an "A" on this test?

Why should only crowns players be allowed to do this? Subscribers are giving you money every month... shouldnt we be allowed this luxury as well? We work just as hard and would like to benefit from extra gold and exp for battling.

Thank you very much for your response Professor.

Great point indeed. I am a subscriber and i would really appreciate if subscribers AT LEAST got a few more benefits

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
gsturge wrote:
Then why isn't stitching available to non crown players?

Stitching seems to me like it should have a 'Buy With Gold' option. It could even be a bit expensive, even, so that folks only use it at high levels for special gear. Character customization is important to people, so I feel it should be something that subscribers should be able to have too.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Oh now I understand! This spells it out very clearly! The new additions were implemented to "encourage" ALL players, Crown and Subscribers, to spend more money! What other reason would there be to making some new additions CROWNS ONLY? Makes sense now... maybe I'm wrong but I have never seen a game that gives LESS to their subscribers :(

Survivor
Dec 04, 2008
artistd10353 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Oh now I understand! This spells it out very clearly! The new additions were implemented to "encourage" ALL players, Crown and Subscribers, to spend more money! What other reason would there be to making some new additions CROWNS ONLY? Makes sense now... maybe I'm wrong but I have never seen a game that gives LESS to their subscribers :(

you hit the nail right on the head!!!

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Does it really matter! I mean if you want to get crowns buy them! If you guys keep complaining about it do you think they will change the game so that YOU can get special avantages?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
poponanajojo wrote:
Does it really matter! I mean if you want to get crowns buy them! If you guys keep complaining about it do you think they will change the game so that YOU can get special avantages?

Yes it does. Right now the new additions are geared to the have's and the have-not's are left out, even tho they may have wizards running around with 50K+ Gold, they are left out because KI worshipped real money over fairness.

Keep in mind, in this rotten economy some ppl have to make choices between paying EXTRA money for these additions or putting gas in the car, food on the table, paying the rent, utilities, school, etc.

Just like the mounts, KI should have made all the extras Gold purchase options.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
poponanajojo wrote:

Yes, it DOES matter. The majority of people that make up this game actually subscribe because they don't want to constantly pay for crowns over and over again to get through ares and such. Since most people DO subscribe and don't want to pay more, shouldn't we at least get benefits besides total access to all areas which if your subscription runs out you can't go to a members area. and then we have full access to ranked PvP. But then, some of us don't really much care for PvP because some aren't all that great at it so we tend not to do ranked matches. Then we should get other things besides that, because as it seems now, ALL features are directed towards using crowns which makes us want to buy crowns sometimes. (and not all of us have a lot of money to spend on crowns.) :?

Survivor
Dec 04, 2008
poponanajojo wrote:

Yes it matters VERY much!! I didn't have to buy crowns when I first started playing W101 just to get better clothes with better stats and a great card to go along with it,all I had to do was use my GOLD.If I wanted a better pet or clothes or what ever else I FARMED the bosses for it,now its all about the CROWNS and less about the game and how much KI wants to drain you for your money.

Its these reasons why I have not renewed both of my accounts and renewed my account with another game site where I don't feel like a second class citizen.