Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

On Oct 30th im gone...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Newjoker12 wrote:
Lot of people saying that this game is going down hill in this thread... but ten million players doesnt seem like downhill to me. but maybe thats just me.

Actually 10 mil is a good achievement, for w101 due to the fact that its still new, but 10 mil is not a lot as weird as it may sound to you. Remember the more people drop the more other joins, but there is still that % that will drive you away. So I think that it is always a good way to keep that % low. I wont say more cause else I would need to get in to other game details and I dont think that would be a good Idea here.

Survivor
May 05, 2010
There is by far too much complaining. You want to complain about a game...head over to Sony. The changes her are nothing compared to what they did to Star Wars Galaxies...here is something to reflect on...

I started in the Alpha and Beta of SWG. My uncle and I then spent over 3 years playing the game daily. We both had numerous accounts (you could only have 1 toon per server per account then; I had 4 and he had 3). $15 a month for each account and we would spend 4-12+ hrs a day playing (depended on work since we both worked corrections and would escape reality on our days off by playing nonstop).

We had numerous accounts due to crafting in the game (which no MMO has ever come close to touching in my experience) and 1 account each for our combat toon. We then spent massive hours on grinding to Jedi (sith but no huge difference at the time). This was no easy task either...this was a sandbox game meaning you picked whatever skills and classes you wanted. Something around 40 total classes and to unlock Jedi you had to Master 6 specific ones (I think, it's been so long). 5 of these were given to you if you used holocrons...but the sixth was silent, meaning guessing game. Master a class, log off, log in and see if it worked...if not, rinse and repeat.

You can imagine the hours...this doesn't count the hours in crafting or the hours spent grinding xp for our Jedi. SOE has a great idea....let's change the whole combat system and not really give much input. The Combat Upgrade (CU) was terrible...but we kinda worked through it even with massive lose of players. Then they announce their 3rd expansion of Mustafar for episode 3. They they announce, after release of expansion...the New Gaming Experience...which changed the whole game from an MMO genre to a first person shooter...and wiped out all classes except for 6...with Jedi being a starter class.

I understand some of the concern and such...but KI is doing well IMO. I've played dozens of other MMOs, with WoW being the longest after swg, and I can say that KI is doing well. Yes, I would like to see more for us subscribers...but I aslo buy crowns too. Let KI focus on getting Celestria out with minimal bugs, then we'll bring our issues at that time. Banging on a door and asking for sugar while there is a fire being taken care of isn't going to make things move faster. One step at a time...things will be taken care of...Lord knows no one wants to pull a SOE!

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I'm sorry if you leave, but heres what i think, crowns buyers should buy the crowns items, but subscribers should be able to buy crowns gear for gold :P

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I agree on some of your venting. I disagree on the waffle and pancake remark. French Toast Pwns both.

Anyway it deffently is unfair on Subscribers being treated like the old sole of a stinky work boot.

Why pay for a subscriptions, and pay for crowns? It needs to be either or. I came from World of Warcraft, and yes I paid to play for several consecutive years, and the pay to play deal was worth the wild.

Having both, to me seems like greed on KI's part. Subscribers should be treated like royalty. Not crown buyers.

The thing I agree on Crown buyers is that it is kinda nice to pay for a subscription with them or game gold. These 2 things are what crowns should only be allowed to buy.

Why not have an Auction House like WoW and have players be able to sell gear to other players with game gold instead of buying gear from the crown shop, and instead of buying mounts with crowns, why not have trainers in leveled areas to train you to ride mounts and pay for them with game gold?

This only makes sence to me. Heck, even have a shop that allows you to buy crowns with game gold.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
xlordt wrote:
Newjoker12 wrote:
Lot of people saying that this game is going down hill in this thread... but ten million players doesnt seem like downhill to me. but maybe thats just me.

Actually 10 mil is a good achievement, for w101 due to the fact that its still new, but 10 mil is not a lot as weird as it may sound to you. Remember the more people drop the more other joins, but there is still that % that will drive you away. So I think that it is always a good way to keep that % low. I wont say more cause else I would need to get in to other game details and I dont think that would be a good Idea here.

??? i never said ten million people wasnt alot. Next time read it again but perhaps use your brain.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Otys wrote:
Hello everyone, this is one of the last posts im going to make.

My subscription is ending on October 30th, and im not going to renew it.

Why? Why do you think?

When i started playing this game, it was so fun... The game was a true adventure, fun quests, cool items, imagine the joy when you purchase your first castle.

Back when we had good items, a good community, and a balanced game.

These days are now over. You probably noticed by now. This game is going downhill.

It all started with the crown items removal. The only reason why people purchased crowns.

Super good clothing that gave you such good cards, you were practically unstoppable. Not just cards, stats as well. They were overwhelming!

Then, without warning, Kings Isle removed these great items for no reason, and without any warning either!

You know what disgusts me the most?

Their excuse: Starry robes are sooo not fashionable anymore!

Some said they were overpowered, that might've been true, but crowns players paid for this stuff, they deserved

Most players never got over the big change. What did KingsIsle give us in return?

GARBAGE!

They gave us pathetic excuses for robes that were nothing but rags compared to the old crown items.

To make matters even worse:

The robes could no longer be bought with gold, only crowns.

They were made IMPOSSIBLE drops from random bosses, most of which were in dungeons/gauntlets/towers.

Now, rather than working our way to the top, we had to

1) Buy our way to the top.

2) Grind our way to the top.

Both of which should never, EVER, be in a great game like Wizard101.

I pretty much got over the depression and continued to have fun. Then i was probably the happiest 14 year old on Earth: I got a death scarab from the twitter contest!

Oh man was i surging with happiness, joy, pride, glory, oh my goodness it was like i was in heaven, but still alive!

Only 100 out of 1 million players got one. I remember the days all too well, everyone following me and asking me where i got that pet and spamming friend requests all over my page.

Then a tragedy happened... This made me so... angry...

There was some sort of marathon on cartoon network, and there was a code for a special pet... it was the death scarab.

At first i felt good that some players can get one too and share the glory.

...until i saw 8....9....43.....78....800....

Yes, they have probably given out over 1 million death scarabs...

This update simply ruined me... I had such a great and rare item that i was so lucky to get and now i even saw 7 levels 1 that had it.

I couldnt control myself, i was so mad i deleted 3 of my masters out of frustration and agony and i took it out my friends.

Half of my friends deleted me because of my rage. And then my frustration got the better of me... i logged onto runescape and took it out on my friends there too. Again, most of my friends deleted me on their too.

I thought for sure those would my last days on wizard101 and yet something just kept me going. I finally got over the death scarab ordeal, and i decided to take up pet collecting. I got so many awesome pets i'd say it was all a success.

Sunbird, treant, miotaur, krokotillian, manders, you name it! I had it all!

Sure i was missing some exclusive pets but whatever! My pet collection was amazing!

Then something even greater happened... KingsIsle announced mounts! The pictures looked so awesome, how could this update possibly fail?

I waited for about a month, it turns out we got a whole bunch of new updates, a well, new crown shop, level 50+ tower, henchmen, elixers, and mounts haha!

Aftermath:

Mounts-Oh my goodness... Just saying the word "mount" depresses me. Overpriced, bugged, all in all.... not worth it.

2nd chance chests-EPIC FAIL... waste of crowns you just keep on getting junk.

Well- was it even made into the game.... i havent seen a well ANYWHERE.

Level 50+ tower- Decent update if only it wasnt so bugged.

Henchmen-Decent update

Elixers-A fine addition, good job

New crown shop-Its very confusing to use, not very good. I see no point in it at all.

So here we are again... These updates are simply horrible, and depressing.

So at the end of October, im done.

Lets review, shall we?

1) good crown items removed
2) crown items can no longer be bought with gold.
3) death scarab ruined
4) this isnt in the post but grizzleheim came out... so bugged its not even funny. Its incomplete, and there are so many dead ends its just sad.
5) mounts... the worst update this game has had ever.
6) this isnt in the post either, but crown items were removed from the bazaar, the only good update that we had in MONTHS.

Reason why im quitting:

1) Subscribers are treated like GARBAGE

KingsIsle practically worships crown players. The whole new update only concerns crown players...

Crowns this... Crowns that...

What about us subscribers? KingsIsle, why dont you hear us out rather than treating us like rats in your basement!

Well guys, this is probably my final message to you guys. This game was perfect but it all went downhill.

Based on my post count, you see i was in here a lot.

It was great talking to all you guys on these message boards, i'm pretty happy that i got to (at least i hope) help you guys out with anything.

I've decided to pass this account down to my little brother, since he still enjoys this game. It was all fun while it lasted, and i hope that kingsisle sees this and make some good updates.

KingsIsle, i beg you not to "moderate" this thread, as this is my final message on these message boards.

So to all wizards, good bye, and good luck in this game. It was great while it lasted but people move on. now its my turn.

So goodbye, good luck and remember one thing:

WAFFLES PWN PANCAKES!

If you want to know why KI only makes crown items, its because they want to get rich. You probably won't see tis message just because i said that.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Otys wrote:

Level 50+ tower- Decent update if only it wasnt so bugged.

Its kinda supposed to be bugged. The whole idea of the tower it to give Grand Masters a chalenge, like the cheating bosses. Personally, I love it!

Community Leader
Sorry to see some leave,

I started playing in 2008 and yes I am still here. I don't plan on going anywhere, this is my thoughts.
Everyone has their own reason for the game myself well I think most know its housing ;) If you don't know me I own Many houses even duplicates of houses. Some people play for PvP, questing,pets( I simply love pets too), or to just hang out( did this yesterday with family ).

I have heard so many different reasons why people are quitting , yes I understand or try to understand everyone's aspects of why. The way I see it if you like the game you will stay if you are not happy you will leave and move on this is the world of online gaming. I don't mind the little glitches here and there, I don't mind when things happen, I know they will all turn out ok in the end.

Thank you KingsIsle for making such a wonderful game, and trying to keep all kids, adults and family a safe and happy Online gaming experience.

Your friend,
Paige MoonShade

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Um wow ok I think you are a little too frustrated. I kinda like the idea of the crown shop but I do agree that Zeke's items ROCKED! Then they made the crown shop. The school houses: overpriced the mounts:overpriced
The helper dudes minouns or however you spell it: A bargain I could go on with many more but his message is way to long and i'm running out of space.
James skull weilder level 48 death

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i think i have gone back on my word soon next thing you know our grand gear is gonna be crowned :( crown players get all the goods mounts,outfits,exlirs,transformations,mounts,school houses,sale items, in fact crown players are the only people who can replenish their pet energy fast

Hero
May 19, 2009
Otys never quit. He is still over on central ranting about the same things he did on here. He only quit THESE message boards.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
Otys never quit. He is still over on central ranting about the same things he did on here. He only quit THESE message boards.

Go Otys! woot woot!

Defender
Nov 19, 2008

is this suppost to make any sence? i mean kingsile only did it because players where using it to there advantage an moast players like me purchased it with gold. the cards and satuse where wrong i mean a robe 5+ gives you a storm zilla card? kingsile did the RIGHT thing when they removed these items.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Gee people! Stop being so harsh on Otys. It's just what (s)he feels. You know, they should really make a rant board where people can be angry without getting CRITICIZED! I didn't join in 2008, but I feel bad for you. An exclusive pet getting exposed? That's just wrong.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
I dont have a great way to earn money so i have to buy subscriptions buy the month cause its to expensive :(. i dont think subscribers get a good deal. once you get to firecat alley and cyclops lane everything up from there costs money. crowns are expensive and it takes five dollars to buy 1 mount. i am not happy with the crown expense. the only reason i bought a subscription was cause i saw the test realm was opening. the next day it opened. two days later it closed! it was just mean. i only really play on test cause you get a whole bunch of crowns and can life the dream life. it closes and you go back to live and its like wow... i dont have anything good. i think that costs should be lowered and that when you buy something you buy a one month subscription you get anywhere from 7000 to 10000 crowns with it.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
wow this post went into this year from last year . but otys did bring up a good point with the rest: the updates are changing wizard 101: today's celestia expansion for one, along with 3 more schools, star, moon, and sun (which sort of defeats fire in a way) is going to cause a massive reaction. i read and wrote in a thread about these schools and the other players were practically on the brink of war when i found the thread. i suggested one idea involving training points and reminded those players about us original players who have normal schools like storm, myth, and balance. this post takes a bigger picture into concern: the fact that players like otys might be lost to these updates, and that would NOT be good for KI. from what i can tell otys simply needed something to kick, because i didnt like it when they took away astral gear, either (i had been eyeing the triton robe ) but the scarab i just didnt get. and the whole taking it out on his friends thing just seemed a bit like an overreaction ( bit being a sarcastic term here) and if you are reading this, otys, (somehow ) then it will comfort you to know that i picked summer dragon over scarab. lol. so, to sum it up:

1. otys overreacted and lost friends on not one, but 2 online games, and over something as trivial as having a special pet that became common.

2. updates currently in the system are ok and fun, but more of them like the advanced pet (the main negative for me being the petigree thing, which i ignore anyway) might cause the game to lose population, so, KI, think twice about an update before sending it to the live realm, and ask the testers what they thought of it. cya in the spiral!

paul ironflame, level 50 grandmaster pyromancer, master of fire 8)

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I totally get what you are saying i may or may not renew my subscription.

I agree that the Zeke Gear was the best. I am sad that I did buy more when i had the chance.

I still have my original gear. I have been playing since early 2009 i think (check if you want) but the updates have ALL been about ways to spend more money. I get that but to delibrately take better products and replace them with more expensive items and they aren't better than what they removed.

When asked i was told by KI it was to make things far and balanced. But to whom? The monster dont care that they are defeated (let's keep it real) and NOTHING and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will keep the kids in pvp from complaining foul!

Unless they win they call you a noob report you and com here and cry things are unfair. Meanwhile newbies beg all day long to take them to new worlds they have not gotten to, jump you in fights they can not win and then flee, or beg borrow buy and steal grandmaster spells to win.

I just saw that to keep complaints down you stun someone then they are hit with 4 stun shields. All because they think they are being chain stunned.

why isnt one sheild enough? If you cant get hit twice in a row, then you should be able to recover from one stun. come on.

What next will Kill take away the damage from Judgement or Wildbolt.

Both of which are powerful with big problems Judgement is strong (assuming its not cut with tower) but takes ALL YOUR PIPS so it is a do or die spell. Wildbold is strong but rarely works even with excellent qear and boosted accuracy.

KI needs to concentrate on new worlds spells and what happens after GM status is acheived. Instead they are have created a new world for 20 plus players and more items that cost more than they are worth.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
I AGREE we pay money for crowns that we can only get rubbish for. and mounts 17000 crowns come on we might pay a extra fiver but ten quid way too much and i quit wiz101 for a year then when i came back i was like WOW!... but now KI u have let us down

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
nerual48 wrote:
Gee people! Stop being so harsh on Otys. It's just what (s)he feels. You know, they should really make a rant board where people can be angry without getting CRITICIZED! I didn't join in 2008, but I feel bad for you. An exclusive pet getting exposed? That's just wrong.

TOTALLY AGREE come on only 100 pets reliased and then millions ... its not right!

People who win competeions should only get that prize!

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
ok i have read a lot of the posts and i disagree that KI has ruined the game, and i disagree that crowns players have more priviledges than subscribers. I first started playing this game as a crowns player and i wound up spending about thirty dollars unlocking areas up to about halfway through marleybone. My proggression through the game was horribly slow as it took about three months just to get to marleybone because i would constantly run out of crowns and have to earn money to buy more. i believe the arguement that many are making is that crowns players have more priviledges than subscribers which is total garbage because if i would have spent any of my crowns in the crown shop when i was a crowns player I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ADVANCE IN THE GAME until i bought another set of crowns. So yay! I'd have a mount to ride around on but no new areas to ride on the mount in or do quests in. So i became a subscriber and havent bought any crowns since last year. I love being a subscriber and in some cases i could still buy things from the crowns shop because there are some items that i can by with gold, which is great because i have been saving gold for a few weeks from farming and i already have enough gold to buy the chestnut pony or the enchanted flyer. Also in my oppinion unless you are in a school with low health such as fire or storm, there is no need to buy any crowns gear! sure crowns gear gives decent stat increases but Grandmaster gear beats any crown gear anyone could buy. On my life character i get 35% boost to life damage and 40% life resist! lets see any crown gear beat that! I mean i can kill a dark fairy lol with my sword in one hit lets see celestian trident or cerculean edge do that. All crowns gear is for show trust me its a waste of your money. just go to a fan site and find out what drops the best gear for your level and farm them until you get it and that will save you crowns and time earning money in real life.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
I agree on most parts but you do have a bit of anger issues but subscribers should ge treated better we spend 10$ to 80$ for a subs when crown players spend nothing close to that. im not happy wit the updates but i made good friends on here and he probably did to but he threw it away cause of updates and the crown players getting better things. the game was mainly ruined in one year cause of these updates...

Hero
May 19, 2009
froggie025 wrote:
I agree on most parts but you do have a bit of anger issues but subscribers should ge treated better we spend 10$ to 80$ for a subs when crown players spend nothing close to that. im not happy wit the updates but i made good friends on here and he probably did to but he threw it away cause of updates and the crown players getting better things. the game was mainly ruined in one year cause of these updates...

How can you say crown players spend nothing, if anything crown players spend 3 times the amount of subscribers.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
If you lost control that bad then you need to go talk to someone and get some help!!! God forbid you do that around real ppl in the real world.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Oh dear.... this is just a rant, is it not? I'm sorry but you're quitting a game because you didn't look popular anymore over a death scarab. And subscribers are treated very well, rather than crown players. Crown players aren't able to play PvP, can you imagine? And no one is perfect, neither are the creators of this game, but they've done a great job with it, and try their best to make people like you happy with it. this is disrespecting people who gave you so many opportunities.

You really shouldn't rant on about how you're angry, especially over a death scarab. honestly, that should be the least of your problems