Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've been FreeChat banned! But for how long?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
I've mispelled too many words. I never look up when I type so right when I type I hit enter, only to see a bunch of ". . ." in my chat bubbles. Thus, I've been freechat banned. Does anybody know for how long, though? Or is it permanently? Thanks! :)

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
You can get banned is you get the ... to much!??? that doesnt seem right! Thats why the filter is on!

Unless MAYBE you are spelling stuff so it appears as inappropriate, and a wizard with full text reported you?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
I know this, but how long have I been freechat banned for?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Kaloberlon wrote:
I know this, but how long have I been freechat banned for?

have you contacted tech support

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I for one have full chat as of right now and most words when spelled wrong look inappropriate maybe a young Subscribing Wizard reported you but not to worry most of the time when you get muted it last a few weeks and if you get permanently muted you can send a review request to Wizard101 and they will review the last few minutes before you got reported and muted and if all looks well you will be un-muted and unblocked

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Kaloberlon wrote:
I've mispelled too many words. I never look up when I type so right when I type I hit enter, only to see a bunch of ". . ." in my chat bubbles. Thus, I've been freechat banned. Does anybody know for how long, though? Or is it permanently? Thanks! :)

Anything you type that is red, is not in the KI dictionary. If it is red they will not allow you to type that. If you enter it, they still will not allow you to do this by making it show up as ". . ." You are not banned. You just cant say stuff that they dont allow, the same with everyone else.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Ok. I have one suggestion, one question. Ok, so did it SAY you were banned from TextChat? It was probably a Wizard that reported you, and now it is taken away. By the time you have COMPLETELY stopped saying bad things, it will probably return to you in a while, I'd say ... about ... 3 months or so. But, if you say bad words again, and it says you're banned AGAIN then you'll have to face it that you have to stop saying bad stuff like that. Oh yeah, and you should really consider looking up when you type. The reason is, when you see a lot of those "..." it means that you have forged to type in a not-allowed word. They probably thought you were trying to say them on purpose and that's why they took it away.

-> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> Owlgirl8000 :D

P.S. I accidentally spelled Owlgirl like Owlgril one time when I was trying to log in and I was like, What happened? And then I retried it, and it worked. I was a little spooked at first, but then I eventually figured out that I mispelled it, like Owlgril.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Yes I know about all of this, buy my question is: How long have I been muted for?