Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Idea. KI take a look.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Ok, we need a variety of mounts. It is kind of boring when everyone has the same. We should have alot of mounts and secret ones and stuff. Just like some pets are rarer than others. So i have included a bunch of Idead

General Mounts:

Cloud,Magic carpet, Snowflake, Leaf, Dog, Cat, Reindeer. (WISP*)

Each school should get a quest around level 15-25 to recieve a mount.
Here:

Ice: Frost Beetle mount
Fire: Fire Cat mount
Storm: Storm Serpent mount
Myth: Large bat mount
Balance: Scarab mount
life: Forest Bug mount
These are what each school recieves

Lets get deeper into the subject.
What if each mount gave stats/pet etc

I want to explain my idea of this WISP mount
It is basically like a mana/health wisp.
But when you have it equipped and you get a mana wisp lets say the mana wisp normally gives 11 mana then it will give 21 mana. Get it?
So Wisp mount would be +10Mana/Health, +40speed.

Or for spells.
Large bat for myth could give the card Blood bat. So the Large bat mount would be
1 BLOOD BAT CARD, +40 speed.
Get it?

ANOTHER LAST THING.
We should be able to dye our mounts and unleash our creativity. I know some people might be like "EW no dying fur," but I believe it would be interesting and good. Many people would be different :)

Please KI take my ideas into consideration as I think this is a great idea and I love your game and would like to help with improving it.

Please if you just read this comment and give me some feedback!

Best regards
-Timothy Deathcloud
Lvl.35 Magus Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I think the level for a mount quest should be more like 50 and be something better.

Fire-Fire Dragon
Ice-Ice Wyvern
Storm-stormzilla? this is open to comments
Life-Centaur? open to comments
Myth-Orthrus
Death-KI will have to make somthing
Balance-Hydra

You guys try and figure out a Death Mount. and btw, i would not want a black cat as my Lv.50 mount.

Luke Darkblood, Lv.50 Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 06, 2009
SnowBoy wrote:
Ok, we need a variety of mounts. It is kind of boring when everyone has the same. We should have alot of mounts and secret ones and stuff. Just like some pets are rarer than others. So i have included a bunch of Idead

General Mounts:

Here:

But when you have it equipped and you get a mana wisp lets say the mana wisp normally gives 11 mana then it will give 21 mana. Get it?

Or for spells.
Large bat for myth could give the card Blood bat. So the Large bat mount would be
Get it?

ANOTHER LAST THING.
We should be able to dye our mounts and unleash our creativity. I know some people might be like "EW no dying fur," but I believe it would be interesting and good. Many people would be different :)

Please KI take my ideas into consideration as I think this is a great idea and I love your game and would like to help with improving it.

Best regards
-Timothy Deathcloud
Lvl.35 Magus Thaumaturge

First, the general mounts are already out and I have to say that the reindeer would probualy come out during christmas
Second, It's a good idea but maybe it should be for Master Wizards
and the crreatures could be like:
Fire-Firecat
Ice-Ice wyven
Storm-Stormzilla
Myth-Orthius
Life-Giant Spider
Death-Danger Hound
Balance-Hydra

Third- there is already a place where you can dye mounts, at the dye shop.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
legend800 wrote:
SnowBoy wrote:

General Mounts:

Here:

Or for spells.
Get it?

ANOTHER LAST THING.

Best regards
-Timothy Deathcloud
Lvl.35 Magus Thaumaturge

First, the general mounts are already out and I have to say that the reindeer would probualy come out during christmas
Fire-Firecat
Ice-Ice wyven
Storm-Stormzilla
Myth-Orthius
Life-Giant Spider
Death-Danger Hound
Balance-Hydra

Obviously you dont have a mount and have no clue what your talking about. YOU CANT DYE MOUNTS AT THE DYE SHOP!

Defender
May 31, 2009
you cant dye mounts at the dye shop, and now i bought a dragon for no reason! i was gonna make it blue... anyway, mounts for our schools, lemme think...

Ice: (IDK anything) a Frost Beetle..? and maybe a Frost Giant! (a SMALL frost giant though... bummer X()

Fire: Fire Cat (the dark redwing is already kind of a fire dragon) and a HeckHound

Life: ( this isnt a spell) maybe a Pegasus...? or a Centaur... (or my personal fav, a Pixie! it carries you by the back of your shirt XD that would be fu-unny and fun XD)

Death: Danger Hound or a Scarecrow's Crow (dont scarecrows have crows on their shoulders? if so ride a giant crow)

Storm: a Kraken or (they should add a big ocean for this) a Storm Shark, and maybe a Giant Lightning Bat

Myth: a giant BloodBat or a piggy back ride on a Minotaur XD

Balance: a Hydra, definitely

thats what i think and please add this

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
ibanezrg320dx wrote:
I think the level for a mount quest should be more like 50 and be something better.

Fire-Fire Dragon
Ice-Ice Wyvern
Storm-stormzilla? this is open to comments
Life-Centaur? open to comments
Myth-Orthrus
Death-KI will have to make somthing
Balance-Hydra

You guys try and figure out a Death Mount. and btw, i would not want a black cat as my Lv.50 mount.

Luke Darkblood, Lv.50 Grandmaster Necromancer
hey what about a bone dragon a dead dragon made out of bone gives a card shadow dragon just like the fire but does 500 and steals health from the foe for five turns

Delver
May 31, 2009
I like the idea of recieving spells with mounts and even quests to get them in the first place. low mid and high level quests with stronger spells or special spells like fire shark, ice kraken, lightning snowman, magma snowman, fire bats or say if your riding a spider the spider web attack you get the idea?

Here are some ride ideas;
life- unicorn, centuar, sephra wings
death- spider, nightmare horse, werewolf
fire- dragon, firecat, jetfire broom
ice- beetle, wyvern, ice skates
storm- lighting bat, storm cloud, hammer (thor-like)
myth- hippogriff, that two-headed dog, pegasus
balance- scarab, scorpion, hydra

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
i think there should be a dragon that changes its color to your school

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
SnowBoy wrote:
legend800 wrote:
SnowBoy wrote:

General Mounts:

Here:

Or for spells.
Get it?

ANOTHER LAST THING.

Best regards
-Timothy Deathcloud
Lvl.35 Magus Thaumaturge

Fire-Firecat
Ice-Ice wyven
Storm-Stormzilla
Myth-Orthius
Life-Giant Spider
Death-Danger Hound
Balance-Hydra

Obviously you dont have a mount and have no clue what your talking about. YOU CANT DYE MOUNTS AT THE DYE SHOP!

They are saying that's an Option for the mounts.
You're able to Dye them at the Dye/Name shop.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
being a Death Wizard i'd like to see death get a Sleleton type mount, just bones no skin, no face, etc. that would be cool

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
SnowBoy wrote:

They are saying that's an Option for the mounts.
You're able to Dye them at the Dye/Name shop.

As the previous poster pointed out, obviously those thinking that mounts can be dyed, don't have mounts yet....

In the test realm, the mounts were dyable. But when they were released for the general public, that ability was disabled.

Yes, the button for dying mounts is viewable in the dye shops. BUT when you click on it, you get a page that doesn't allow you to dye your mount. All the 'dye' buttons are disabled as well as no color choices listed to choose from. The first few days, the color list was there, but the dye button disabled...But even that was removed as it was causing further confusion.

The reason the tab is still there is supposedly they're still thinking over the issue, as some players who are anti-fur/nature activists were offended over dyeing even the fur of virtual reality creatures. The button will remain there till they figure out a solution that will satisfy those of us that want to dye our mounts, without animal activists being offended by that option.

At this time though, players CAN'T change the color of their mounts at any of the dye shops. There's also no feature that allows you to name your mount, although I'd personally also like to see that feature eventually added along with the ability to change the color of my mounts.

So sorry. Just cause you've seen the tab in the dye shop, it isn't safe for you to assume that the option is actually there. Because those of us with mounts and who have tried the option (and I check just about every day in hopes that option is re-enabled), KNOW that there's no option of recoloring mounts now or in the near future. That option never made it out of the beta realm.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
NICE IDEA but i don't think the level of recieving your school mount should be so low

How about level 48+ so it will kinda come with the rank seven spell card, pet, and bade thing