Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose's element?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Starpling wrote:
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

I think your right, Ambrose doesnt do magic, he just dresses up like a wizard and says "Hey, you there, new wizard person, I cant seem to take the evil lord myself, and I know you are much younger and less exprienced then me, but, I want YOU to go take down the evil lord for me, k thanks."

Good point there! You're right, if he's the Headmaster and all and we're just kids,"hey you there look it's a kid wizard maybe he can defeat Malistaire since I can't!" yet since he's the headmaster and Malistaire was a teacher Ambrose should be able to take him on! Why do we do all the work for him?"

The reason he can't take him on is because of his enormus amount of Knowledge of Death Magic... And the fact that he has EVERY WORLD against him... And he is Old.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
um LOL dude malistaire is cyrus' twin brother doh! and besides why would he send you on a mission to destroy himself at the end anyway? you pulled that out of nowhere

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
lol very creatice but no ambrose didnt create wizard city or any other world he went on a journey as young wizard and found barlteby and built around him then society was made in what is now wizard city

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- so i guess actually he did kinda x create x wizard city and another thing how old is ambrose?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I have seen Prof. Ambrose come on one of these boards before and answer this same question. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something about his main school bieng a magic so powerful that it takes many, many years to master: Celestial Magic. (Space Magic) I know this isn't exactly what he said, but it's pretty close. Professor Merle Ambrose is a master of Celestial Magic.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
i was reading on a fan wiki page for w101 that Merle Ambrose! is a play on words to the great wizard merlin who we all know was a great wizard who aided king aurther

maybe his name is a play on words he was a very wise wizard and know alot about magic so it would not surrpise me that he knows every single spell

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
DaGoof wrote:
Or maybe he mastered them all

If he was a master he would not send use to fight malistare

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
i believe mr. head master guy posted something saying he dabbled in all of them but is now studying the little know astral school cool huh

Kilajula wrote:
Malistaire wouldn't even need magic. He'd just have to walk up and steal his cane. Then BAM, headmaster stuck on the floor and can't get up. "Hand over Wizard City and you shall get your cane

lol mr. head master guy needs life alert

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
maybe he is life with some storm to kill and stay alive easy. and his power pips would count for both storm and life and he would have all the storm spells.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Explorer
May 04, 2009
i know what his element is!

( but i wont tell you until anybody gives me the umbra blade code )

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
lookthat1 wrote:
Well every professor focusses in one element. I was wondering which one Ambrose uses. I think that he can use most of the spells there is and maybe even some neve before seen ones. What if he knows an eighth element!? What do you guys think?
i was thinking that he would be myth (cause of his cloths) or everthing.

Explorer
May 04, 2009
Dorrisa wrote:
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

I think your right, Ambrose doesnt do magic, he just dresses up like a wizard and says "Hey, you there, new wizard person, I cant seem to take the evil lord myself, and I know you are much younger and less exprienced then me, but, I want YOU to go take down the evil lord for me, k thanks."

Not True! Definently, not true!!! I saw him do magic... I just can't remember when!!!!!!

( few days or more after )

I remember now! He used it at the beginning when you enter the game he used his magic to see in his crystal ball. When you create your character.
You can also see pictures of wizards and places in his crystal ball sometimes in his tower. If you look very closely you can mostly see wizards and a picture of Gobbler Street. It's not an element but, maybe he has an element that no one knows about like probably..........ummm............the power to create....... He was one of the administrators of the game......... he created the world probably... i don't know. YOU people are mean to Merle Ambrose!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Destiny MistGem

why so many exclamations?

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Ambrose Entered what we call the Spiral long ago.
He came from the world of 'Celestia' with Felma, Greyrose and Malistair.
Malistair however had already been to the spiral and returned after a time with the new discovery that he'd found yet another branch of the
great Tree of Life. not to be confused with mooshu's tree of life which is only a medifor (its just a name) to the real Tree of Life.
Each branch has its own spiral and Paths one could take.

Ambrose's element and magik is that of Celestia, which contain the 5th, 6th and 7th elements. New branches contain any number of elements along with just one of these 3; 5th, 6th or 7th.
Meaning for the most part, who ever goes there first will become
like the Root, or Corner Stone to that branch thus envolcating the Spiral
into creation or reality.

Its quite simple actualy. :D

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

He is not a poser in the tutorial he teleports to his office try the tutorial to see.
Ps the update teleports tell you what class they are but his is the old teleport maby the game has not decided what type he is

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
Ambrose Entered what we call the Spiral long ago.
He came from the world of 'Celestia' with Felma, Greyrose and Malistair.
Malistair however had already been to the spiral and returned after a time with the new discovery that he'd found yet another branch of the
great Tree of Life. not to be confused with mooshu's tree of life which is only a medifor (its just a name) to the real Tree of Life.
Each branch has its own spiral and Paths one could take.

Ambrose's element and magik is that of Celestia, which contain the 5th, 6th and 7th elements. New branches contain any number of elements along with just one of these 3; 5th, 6th or 7th.
Meaning for the most part, who ever goes there first will become
like the Root, or Corner Stone to that branch thus envolcating the Spiral
into creation or reality.

Its quite simple actualy. :D

K what i think he is saying is that magic evolves like life magic read the book of life and you will see that a combination of storm and fire created life so if flamela (the fire teacher) and the frog (storm teacher) had a kid it would be a new type of school.

so balance is probable the starting root of all schools then it would be ice fie and storm the the advanced classes life death and myth

so if you are into myth stuff lets say the teachers are gods storm god and fire god had a child creating the god of life.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
awesomely1 wrote:
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

True he just sits back and lets you save the world ( if only that was a fresh idea...) Still he should just pop in while fighting Malistare and have like 10,000 and unlimited mana and just help you take him DOWN!

(off hand, if you win should be teleported back to Ambrose and get a copy of his clothes giving you 90% resistance to everything, 100% attack strength, double attack power, and give you 50% accuracy bonus to all spells but your school which you should get like 80 or 90%) wouldn't that be cool!
I don't want no starry robes I want a natural attack and It would be funny I could be an enemy for a day!

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Kilajula wrote:
Are you kidding me? If Ambrose were a poser, why would Malistaire be plotting so grossly to simply "crush" him? If he were such a pushover, Malistaire wouldn't even need magic. He'd just have to walk up and steal his cane. Then BAM, headmaster stuck on the floor and can't get up. "Hand over Wizard City and you shall get your cane back! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

But no...it's clearly not that easy. Plus, if he keeps it a secret, that's another form of power as knowledge is power. I'm serious, your teachers weren't joking when they said that. Don't worry Headmaster, there are those of us here who do understand, and vouch for you!

lol i like your mini story but i agree on the knowledge power thingy

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Kilajula wrote:
I believe Ambrose, given his age, has a great knowledge of all the schools. I wouldn't go so far as to say he has mastered them considering he would stand in for Malistaire after his unprovoked leave. If anything, I would say that Headmaster's favorite school is Myth. How have I come to this conclusion? Well I happen to believe he has a full deck of Ninja Pigs.
tkank you finally respect for myths

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
iop777 wrote:
lookthat1 wrote:
Well every professor focusses in one element. I was wondering which one Ambrose uses. I think that he can use most of the spells there is and maybe even some neve before seen ones. What if he knows an eighth element!? What do you guys think?

Or maybe he doesn't know an eighth element! Get real. Think about the spells that your using right now. Ice, fire, myth, life, etc. Ice is simply a compound of hydrogen and oxygen in a frozen state. Fire is heat and light energy caused from a chain reaction of a fuel, oxygen, and heat energy. Myth isn't even an element, it is just a non-proven fact which is thought to be true by the stories spoken of it. Life is just a state of any organism. None of the spells used include any such element. If Ambrose had an elemental spell, it would be the first element not the eighth. A better way of specifying the spells would be as magical ____ card. For example, you might say you have a powerful magical ice card. But yeah, my opinion of Ambrose having an eighth type of magical card is that he doesn't. He probably just uses life or balance cards based on his level of intellect, leadership, and friendliness. Life or balance would keep him balanced, and leaders have to be balanced.

alura starglade
lvl 13 diviner

quit being a know-it-all-smarty-pants. we are not all super genuises sitting at home doing algrabra for fun! and be easy on this guy what do you call those things other than elements? signing off. alura

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
idk i think his clothes are rather like space! i think he is like a spacious class?

Explorer
May 12, 2009
gamemaster wrote:
My guess is mastery in all 7 schools,but if I had to guess his mains,Balance and Fire.

YAY FIRE! CHRisto FireHeart LVL 43 Pyromancer xD

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I read up on this and here are the most said answers. He's balance.
Mastered all. The original type of magic(as in spell boom and you say the words to conjure something or shoot fire ball etc.)

And lastly, (most unrealistic)

Ambrose is Malistaire's long lost brother who is not death he dark/black magic and Ambrose is light/celestial(IDK how black magic converts to celestial)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Kilajula wrote:
Are you kidding me? If Ambrose were a poser, why would Malistaire be plotting so grossly to simply "crush" him? If he were such a pushover, Malistaire wouldn't even need magic. He'd just have to walk up and steal his cane. Then BAM, headmaster stuck on the floor and can't get up. "Hand over Wizard City and you shall get your cane back! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

But no...it's clearly not that easy. Plus, if he keeps it a secret, that's another form of power as knowledge is power. I'm serious, your teachers weren't joking when they said that. Don't worry Headmaster, there are those of us here who do understand, and vouch for you!

lol about the cane thing but keep in mind, he uses the magical orb in commercials and that can only be triggered by magic (in many different myths and movies and stuff)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
GhostGirl14 wrote:
I have seen Prof. Ambrose come on one of these boards before and answer this same question. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something about his main school bieng a magic so powerful that it takes many, many years to master: Celestial Magic. (Space Magic) I know this isn't exactly what he said, but it's pretty close. Professor Merle Ambrose is a master of Celestial Magic.

It's true nearly every blog i read says that and merle says it himself in blog.