Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose's element?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 01, 2008
I think Ambrose has a secret 8th element (Omni?) which is like Balance except it takes years longer to master and takes each element into farther depth than Balance. :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Driftblim's reply was a very good one. I liked it.

If there is a new world in which you end up fighting the teachers, (my reply in the New Worlds post), Merle Ambrose would most certainly be the big main boss fight, at the end of the adventure, in which we would find out what element Merle Ambrose has mastered.

Or, at the end of Dragonspyre, an epic duel could be witnessed by the player between two certain NPC's, revealing Ambrose's element.

Merle Ambrose versus Malistaire in an ultimate show of good and evil. Of course, the student would still have to step in after the fight, because Malistaire somehow manages to survive or get away. :P

That would actually be a very good idea, to have an epic clash, a npc controlled duel between two main npc characters. Wizards would not be able to step in to help, but would be able to watch a fight of epic proportions!

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

I think your right, Ambrose doesnt do magic, he just dresses up like a wizard and says "Hey, you there, new wizard person, I cant seem to take the evil lord myself, and I know you are much younger and less exprienced then me, but, I want YOU to go take down the evil lord for me, k thanks."

Not True! Definently, not true!!! I saw him do magic... I just can't remember when!!!!!!

( few days or more after )

I remember now! He used it at the beginning when you enter the game he used his magic to see in his crystal ball. When you create your character.
You can also see pictures of wizards and places in his crystal ball sometimes in his tower. If you look very closely you can mostly see wizards and a picture of Gobbler Street. It's not an element but, maybe he has an element that no one knows about like probably..........ummm............the power to create....... He was one of the administrators of the game......... he created the world probably... i don't know. YOU people are mean to Merle Ambrose!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Destiny MistGem

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
maybe he can just do every thing or maybe he is superman's dad in wizard clothes lol :D :D

Administrator
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2471.ftl

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2471.ftl
Why can't we learn that magic? And how come the firebird's necklace that you wear is called astral......? Probably we can't learn it because this game was created by him and we can't create a game unless we made one. Like a game that i do not want to mention.
Please ignore the message below, you may read it if you are curious if this message is approved. :D

I try to learn everything I can about games and real things. i don't take this very seriously because it is a game, it doesn't help you very much in grades in college, elementary, highschool, and other education. It will addict you and will take you out of the process of school. You will not be able to find a good job if you get into games too much and start to skip classes for it. I act a lot like my parents. They encourage me not to use my computer to much. I got addicted but, I have gotten better and have gotten used not playing games like this, this is why I am posting this message, to learn more about the game.

Survivor
May 25, 2008
Back in wizard city he uses a protection spell on the cursed book that would other wise do who knows what to him.
So he uses spells.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
Lol.Very funny guesses....i would say hes in on malistares plan and he just wants you to run into malistare...lol :D

Survivor
Aug 28, 2008
John23 wrote:
Lol.Very funny guesses....i would say hes in on malistares plan and he just wants you to run into malistare...lol :D

Then why would he save you from Malistare in the new intro and summon you into Wizard City?

I think is the Myth teacher who is up to no good

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
Kilajula wrote:
I believe Ambrose, given his age, has a great knowledge of all the schools. I wouldn't go so far as to say he has mastered them considering he would stand in for Malistaire after his unprovoked leave. If anything, I would say that Headmaster's favorite school is Myth. How have I come to this conclusion? Well I happen to believe he has a full deck of Ninja Pigs.
ya i think your right so that means im in ambroses subject WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
pckls wrote:
maybe he could be storm... he looks like one... or life or death... why would malister want to destroy him?

other: do you think malistare might be the myth teacher in disquise? he is always acting so negativly and has no actual proof he can use myth.
HEY!thats my teacher your talking about and i know he uses myth because he understood the words that the unicorn i summoned said.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Master Ambrose has no element, yet he has one perfect one, Nova, the power to form all the elements together without dispelling any of them, the abillity to control time and space, an ultimate form of magic that is only given to those of the highest calibur. (or those with the longest beards)

Survivor
Oct 05, 2008
yapper wrote:
Balance duh there is no teacher for it so he has to be balance.

actually there is a balance school in krokotpia and it has a teacher

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Yeah basicly he probably knows them all the fact that knowing everything is a headmasters job

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
i think amrose does not have a school i think he was just born with some powers. or maybe a school.i don't knowfor sure but that's what i think.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

I think your right, Ambrose doesnt do magic, he just dresses up like a wizard and says "Hey, you there, new wizard person, I cant seem to take the evil lord myself, and I know you are much younger and less exprienced then me, but, I want YOU to go take down the evil lord for me, k thanks."

True he just sits back and lets you save the world ( if only that was a fresh idea...) Still he should just pop in while fighting Malistare and have like 10,000 and unlimited mana and just help you take him DOWN!

(off hand, if you win should be teleported back to Ambrose and get a copy of his clothes giving you 90% resistance to everything, 100% attack strength, double attack power, and give you 50% accuracy bonus to all spells but your school which you should get like 80 or 90%) wouldn't that be cool!

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
i am back. i have read some of you guys messages. HOW RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Abrose is not a poser!he never was! i would just say from my last post that he was born with powers!!! And how dare you call amrose a poser!! he is a sweet loving headmaster and you should treat him with respect!

now... that i have calmed down a bit.. amrose was probably born with these powes maybe he didn't have to go to school.IF he did he would have probably have choosen balance

And again how rude to call abrose a poser! you should feel sorry!

Sorry i think a got alittle crazy...but it is true!

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
pckls wrote:
maybe he could be storm... he looks like one... or life or death... why would malister want to destroy him?

other: do you think malistare might be the myth teacher in disquise? he is always acting so negativly and has no actual proof he can use myth.

no it can't be him because he has a tottaly diffrent voice than from cyrus drake. (also cyrus drake is always ruochy so malistare probably took his side of advice and went and became evil)

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
some of the stories in creative writing touch on this try reading them and what ever you think is true go by that

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
maybe there is a god element wich he can summon different gods like zues or a god dragon or sumtin like that

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
all i know is that he mentions that he is studeing(is that spellt right?)the astral elements but before that he says something about liking storm and life