Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Running out of cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
How is running out of cards handled? If I run out of cards, do I lose immediately or does the other guy have to defeat me?

I played someone tonight who claimed he ran out of cards and that I should run myself out for a tie. He ended up winning when I ran out. If both players run out of cards, does the win go to the one who did the most damage?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
If you get the reshuffle spell from the trainer on Colossus Blvd, you won't have this problem.

-------------------------------------------------------
Kimberly Misthaven - Level 46 Life
Kelsey Battlestalker - Level 31 Balance
Abigail Fireblossom - Level 19 Fire

Earn Crowns! Subscribe using my friend code:
http://www.wizard101.com/friend/80851-12125-01664-46030

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
scorch68 wrote:
How is running out of cards handled? If I run out of cards, do I lose immediately or does the other guy have to defeat me?

I played someone tonight who claimed he ran out of cards and that I should run myself out for a tie. He ended up winning when I ran out. If both players run out of cards, does the win go to the one who did the most damage?

Sorry to say, but he tricked you into losing. If he had run out of cards, the battle would have ended and you would be the winner. there are no ties in pvp as far as i know.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
scorch68 wrote:

No. Running out of cards for pvp has NOTHING to do with winning or losing. Its simply that if you run out of cards, your pretty much doomed unless you happen to have shuffle as one of your last cards. Plus, people can easily lie about "running out of cards". But if he actually DID lose his cards, there is nothing you have to do to get even. Ranked matches arent supposed to be "fair" per say. I have done a lot of "unfair" matches, its the other person's problem if they choose to be able to lose. Its pretty much saying: "Am i gonna risk losing?" If the answer is yes, then they risked what they risked, thats all, it was their choice.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
scorch68 wrote:

When you run out of cards it takes youout of the arena and no one wins. the guy who told you he ran out of cards was most likely lying .The duel would have ended and you would have been sent outside

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
Everyone is wrong here.

This is how is breaks down:

1. If you run out of cards ( this means treasures too) you lose automatically, you get 3 arena points and your opponent wins receiving 10 arena points.
2. If you both run out of cards at same time (in the same round) you both lose automatically and BOTH receive 3 arena points. note: both lose ranking also

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
je27ff wrote:
Everyone is wrong here.

This is how is breaks down:

1. If you run out of cards ( this means treasures too) you lose automatically, you get 3 arena points and your opponent wins receiving 10 arena points.
2. If you both run out of cards at same time (in the same round) you both lose automatically and BOTH receive 3 arena points. note: both lose ranking also

This is exactlly what happens with a few exceptions. There are bugs to the game in pvp sometimes. I have ran out of cards before, but the match did not end. It was a match against a life wizard that lasted a long time, so i discarded all my shuffles treasures and everything. For some reason the match did not end till he killed me three more times. Otherwise running out of cards will make the other person victorious.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
When I did PvP, I ran out of cards. None of this happened. I got my cards back.. Maybe it was a bug, who knows???

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
ibanezrg320dx wrote:
scorch68 wrote:

Sorry to say, but he tricked you into losing. If he had run out of cards, the battle would have ended and you would be the winner. there are no ties in pvp as far as i know.
there can be a tie with fire spell immolate i defeated myself and my opponet

Explorer
May 12, 2009
ibanezrg320dx wrote:
scorch68 wrote:

I have had a tie in pvp. It happened when i killed myself and the opponent with Immolate.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
ibanezrg320dx wrote:
scorch68 wrote:

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Blackrose73 is right. You get this spell called reshuffle at level 20 from a trainer on Colossus Boulevard. If you're even out of reshuffle cards, somebody else is going to have to cast it on you. Not bragging but I'm "just saying", I've never ran out of cards before. I've almost ran out of them before, but never actually did.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Put 2 TRAINED reshuffle cards in your deck and you have unlimited cards. Your reshuffles will continue to rotate.