Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitching Question and Bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
First off... I love the ability to change appearance on clothes. I hope you add a similar function for other appearance items (wands/pets) in the future.

Anyway, I stitched the appearance of some NoTrade items onto some tradeable crown items. I didn't think this would be a problem since I read somewhere it doesn't copy stats from the appearance item but it did. The items aren't marked NoTrade, but they can't be moved to my shared bank anymore.

My question is this: If I copy the appearance of a tradeable item back over the crown gear will it become tradeable again?

And the reasons I think this might be a bug: 1. I thought appearance items didn't carry over stats (I would think being NoTrade as a stat) and 2. The items aren't actually marked NoTrade, they just can't be moved to the shared bank.

Just asking incase anyone else already dealt with this.

Brian Darkheart

Administrator
Hello Wizard! Our team of testers is hard at work trying to find out if this is a bug or not. Can you please tell me more detailed information about the 2 items you combined? What was the name of each?

That information will be so helpful!

Thanks!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I went ahead and tested it, and it worked!

So basicaly the NO TRADE property carries over from appearance items. (Or at least the ones with special class markings.)

The finished product isn't marked NO TRADE. But the option to put it in the shared bank is greyed out.

Also if you re-stitch over it again with a different appearance the finished product becomes tradeable again.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Administrator
Stitching was introduced during the October 2009 update:

New Seamstress
Have you ever found a clothing item you love the look of, but wish it had the stats of something different? Well now you can take the stats of one piece of clothing and apply them to another piece of clothing of the same type. Love the stats on your Dragonspyre hat but it doesn't match your Grizzleheim outfit? Find a Grizzleheim hat you like, and move the stats from your Dragonspyre hat, to the new Grizzleheim hat to complete your stylish look.

Eloise Merryweather, who can be found near Zeke in all worlds of the Spiral (including Grizzleheim) has been busy learning how to stitch! For a small Crowns fee, she will allow you to transfer the Stats of one item onto the Appearance of another.

Next time you talk to her, simply select the item you want to use as the Appearance, and the item you want to use as the Stats. Click Create and you'll have a whole new outfit with the look and stats you want combined into one.

Please heed these important things to note about this process:
->Both items will be removed from your backpack and replaced with the new item that will be created with the Appearance and colors of one piece, and the Stats and name of the other, as you specified
->The name of the item will be transferred from the Stats item, along with the bonuses
->The bonuses of the appearance item will completely disappear, and be overwritten by the bonuses of the stats item
->Once the transaction is complete, and you've purchased the item, it cannot be undone!
->This process costs Crowns

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Thanks. Heh. Just goes to show how much I missed, being offline for a couple of months.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Okay, got a new question about this: Is it possible to chose the name of the item?

I just bought Royal Crown Attire for my new Healer. I will probably upgrade it with increased stats thru' Stitching.

The thing is, I don't want to lose the name of the items for this outfit. I want this character to look like a Princess, and the anyone that checks it out to see that she is wearing the Royal Attire, even if I upgrade it with Stitching!

And what if I get Warlord gear, but have better stats for another outfit, and what to transfer those stats?

I still want it to be Warlord gear, even if I used the Stitching process!

Administrator
I'm sorry young Wizard, but you cannot choose the name of the final item. The name of the item will be transferred from the Stats item, along with the bonuses.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I'm sorry young Wizard, but you cannot choose the name of the final item. The name of the item will be transferred from the Stats item, along with the bonuses.

But it would be nice, wouldn't it, if we could pick the name, the stats, the bonuses, and the appearance of the final garment. Why not, since we pay for the service?

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
Yea i stitched the appearance of my pvp cowl of tribulation to my lvl 5 midsummer's cowl and for some reason the no trade stat from the cowl of tribulation transferred over and not only that but when i went to try to buy another midsummer's cowl from the hat shop in wizard city it had no trade on there also while the veil of sparks didn't and they are both crown gear which i thought could be traded amongst characters. Thank you for your help in advance. I think this might be a bug.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
The bug is still there and it's annoying. I have to spend 300 crowns just to get it right!