Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beggars

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
I've been playing this game since it came out last year. It's been a good run. However, lately it's really getting hard to enjoy the game without having to stay on the upper levels. Will there ever be an end to all the begging and conning going on? I can't take my character anywhere in wizard world without the constant hustlers trying to get something from me. I don't need my kids or myself getting slammed with all this nonsense. Could KI come up with a solution to begging? Perhaps a way to ignore these people without adding to friends or banning some of these folks from chat. Over all KI, I think this is the best game ever on the market. My whole family plays. We are all just tired of beggars and cons.
Even my youngest child tells these people who come up to her begging to go fight and earn the gold for themselves, but they never listen or back off.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
This is why codes went bye bye and why I was begging myself, but for KI to not release gifting in its current form. They need in game volunteer mods if they are going to have an economy where players can interact in.

Mods should have a 48 hour trade mute and chat mute power and to be able to report to a different destination to facilitate faster banning abusers of the game.

Begging wont go away as long as we can gift and there is a free section. Gifting should have been restricted to your family account tree in its present form and as a "this for that" equal value trade system for everyone else. Some would say it should be a free market, but the trade system should be shop price value because this is first and foremost a kids game. For people who want to play money empire go back to WOW or RS.

It would be great to have a members bazaar and paint shop in GH, MS or something so that we didn't have to deal with all the begging and scamming.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I have a question, why is there only 1 place to sell the stuff you make and it's in the free part of the game? I can't count the number of times I have had to go to the bazzar and be almost attacked with beggers. I would LOVE to see one in each world to protect paying players from that.

When I made grandmaster for the first time and had to go to wizard city I would put my pet away and put on odd clothes so they wouldn't know. What fun is that? Was the only way I found to get the beggers to pick on someone else.
Shame on parents for not making thier own children act better in public. Just because I can't see them does this make them not in public? No it does not.
Just today I was called "mean and rotten" for not fighting with this lower level player when I was helping a friend. My friend can't see very well due to a video problem that hasn't been solved, and doesn't look like it will. She can't tell mana from health floating by, they are both white boxes.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
THANK YOU KI!!! I don't know what you did to make it all go away, but there has been a great deal of improvement to my family's game playing experience since you shut off the begging. We appreciate you listening and doing something about it. Again I just want to say Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Here are a few things you can do to help improve the quality of your playing time.

a. disable chat bubbles (you'll still be able to see any chat that's going on if you keep the main window open)
b. turn off trade requests
c. play on a less populated server (beggars will always congregate on the most crowded one to maximaze their chances)

This won't eliminate the beggars, but it should stop them from ruining your experience.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Begging has not been "shut off" but, the "repeat last sentence" function has been

This is something I will repeat....

THANK YOU KI!!!
THANK YOU KI!!!
THANK YOU KI!!!
THANK YOU KI!!!
THANK YOU KI!!!

this has made an ENORMOUS difference in the commons! Yes, people do beg, but not like they used to. Since they have to type the whole sentence out every time, it seems people have given up and the begging for the most part.

again THANK YOU KI!!!

now... if you will just let us subscribers purchase elixirs and henchmen and stitching with gold....

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Yeah KI, thanks. I (and please excuse me if you misinterpret this) hate it when someone begs me in:
1.) PvP
2.) the commons
3.) pretty much everywhere...
I mean, if they want stuff, go and earn it. So, yeah, thanks... I'm about to make a new topic on a subject I feel is important, so if you can, reply asap.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
well it is very true but also pffensive we cant do anything about that but conning some thing has to be done i see weak wizards no offense being conned by stronger levels i feel sorry for them very much

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
I agree with what someone said in this thread, it'd be nice to have a bazaar in MS & DS and GRZ.

Suggestion; Put in a Mount Toggle icon up in either the right hand corner of the GUI. It would make mounting and dismounting A LOT Easier!!!

IMO; The way it is now you have to open up your menu, click icon to your inventory and then click on the menu-mount icon and then double click on the mount icon. whew! laymans terms ; Its a royal pain in the glooty.