Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Crown shop isn't working! O:

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know why, but when I first logged into Wizard101 after the newest updates, everything was working fine - until I saw the Crown Shop.

I can't see any of the prices or names of the items. When I scroll over them, it still shows the stats and name of the item - but I can't see the price. I can't see how many Crowns I have, either, or how much gold. Funny thing is, I can still press "Buy" - I got a mount because my sister told me how much it was. (Yay! I have a permanent purple glider now!) So I have to ask my sister every time I want to buy something to make sure I have enough. Please tell me how to fix this. It is a real pain. It is odd, it works for my sister, not for me. I don't know if it is the computer or my character, but whatever it is, it isn't making me happy. Any suggestions?

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
Administrator
Sorry for the delay, I was conferring with our technical Wizards and they have some questions for you.

1. Do you have the Comic Sans font installed?
You can find out by opening any word processing program such as word, or excel, and changing the font - if Comic Sans is NOT on your list, let us know.

2. What is your DPI set at?
You can find out through the following steps.
a) Click Start in Windows XP
b) Click Control Panel
c) Click Display
d) Click the Settings Tab
e) Click the Advanced Button
There you will see your DPI Setting. If it is NOT 96 DPI please let us know.

Thank you very much in advance for any further information you can give us!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
That's a yes on both questions from me, and thanks for getting back to me :)

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Well, I know off the top of my head that I have Comic Sans MS. I once wrote a big long drama play in that font, lol. I switched fonts so many times, so I remember which ones I used. I just went in and checked my DPI as well, and it is 96. I was just telling my friend this, and he says that he has the same problem as me. So I'm glad I'm not alone with this.

Administrator
Hmm ok, the two easiest to eliminate are out of the way, lets dig deeper.

Our new Crowns interface uses Flash. Most computers come with Adobe Flash installed, but not everyone upgrades. In fact, I just found out that I don't have the latest version of Flash but that's ok.

Adobe has a great little site that tells you what version of Flash you are currently using.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

If you're not sure what Adobe or Flash are, here is a link to their homepage to learn more. If you've ever read a PDF file, you've used an Adobe product.

If you're comfortable with this step, please let us know (without updating) which version of Flash it tells you you're running.

My results are
Your player version: WIN 10,0,22,87

No matter what your version, it would help us out to have that information, and if you're not comfortable posting it, feel free to email it to me at community@wizard101.com

Alternately, you could email me a dxdiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Thank you and we'll work together to find out why this is happening and to get it fixed so you can enjoy the new Crowns shop.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
I'm having the same issue and have checked all your suggestions as well. Sending you an e-mail!
Taryn

Administrator
Hello Wizards!

With this new update there was a new graphics option added called "Smoothing". Can you wizards experiencing this Crown shop problem try going into your options (by pressing Esc on your keyboard during play) and turn Smoothing to off. Once that is done try the Crown shop again. Let me know if this helps at all!

Thanks!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Hi, I am having the same problem. I cannot see any prices in the Crown Shop.

I have Comic Sans MS installed. My DPI is 96. I have tried all 3 different settings for Smoothing (Off, UI Only, Full) and each time still cannot see the prices in the Crown Shop.

Also, I have recently upgraded to the most recent version of Flash on my computer. My results on the test are:

Your Player Version: WIN 10,0,32,18

I will send you an email with the results of my dxdiag test.

Thank you.

Survivor
May 31, 2008
MrLincoln wrote:
Hello Wizards!

With this new update there was a new graphics option added called "Smoothing". Can you wizards experiencing this Crown shop problem try going into your options (by pressing Esc on your keyboard during play) and turn Smoothing to off. Once that is done try the Crown shop again. Let me know if this helps at all!

Thanks!

Sorry Mr Lincoln, it did not change anything, I still can't see prices and descriptions of the items in the crowns shop. :(

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Even after the update, it still is not working.

I still cannot see any prices in the Crown Shop.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Funny thing is, I can still press "Buy" - I got a mount because my sister told me how much it was.

Interesting... my problem sounds like the exact opposite. I can see the prices, I can see that I have 52 crowns left, but I can't press the "Buy" button to purchase henchman of any level. I'm a level 45 Fire Wizard, but it won't even let me click "Buy" to get the henchman that's on sale today. In fact, if I click "Usable" at the top, it won't list any of the henchman as usable for me.

This is my first attempt at purchasing a henchman - I'm in Ravenscar and it's not allowing any of my friends to port with me into the battle (even if we group). Forgot the elephant's name, but he's a level 7 Fire School boss with 7,000 health, and he's killed me about eight times so far today. I finally decided to cave in and buy a henchman for help. =)

I, too, have tried all of the suggestions listed above in this post, but I'm still not seeing any results.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Hello again,
I just checked the Wizard101 Central site and found that I have to actually be in a battle before I can purchase a henchman for help.
I'm going to give that a try now. Thanks!

Administrator
sredmore wrote:

Interesting... my problem sounds like the exact opposite. I can see the prices, I can see that I have 52 crowns left, but I can't press the "Buy" button to purchase henchman of any level. I'm a level 45 Fire Wizard, but it won't even let me click "Buy" to get the henchman that's on sale today. In fact, if I click "Usable" at the top, it won't list any of the henchman as usable for me.

Henchmen can only be purchased during a duel, were you trying to purchase one outside of battle?

If you were trying to purchase a Henchmen during a duel and found you could not please let Mr Lincoln know as this may be a bug.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Mr. Lincoln and Professor Greyrose,

Is there any update on the main problem that we cannot see prices in the Crown Shop? It is Sunday, October 25th, and even with all the updates, it is still not working.

Thank you.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
You actually used flash for the crown shop interface? Well that explains why it looks HORRIBLE and does NOT fit in with the rest of the game's "Feel"

Please dont take offense at this statement, but it really seems like you guys just pushed it out and did not bother to fit it into the game. It feels like you are on a website buying things and NOT in the game.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I have tried all of your suggestion and my flash is WIN 10,0,22,87 and all of the UI suggestions but it is STILL not workinig, i hope you can fix this soon :x

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
Flash player version is WIN 10,0,32,18

smoothing on or off changes nothing it seems

Survivor
May 31, 2008
I don't know why, my previous message was not publish. Here it is again:

I found something interesting about this problem:
When I play Wizard101 I always use a "user account" on my computer.
Today I tried the "admin" account and the descriptions and prices were showing fine.
I tried it twice. Everytime, using the admin account the crowns shop was OK, and using the "user" account, the descriptions and prices were missing.
So it does not seem to be a graphics issue. I hope this helps.
I also updated my ticket from support with the same info.

Since then, I made one more test. I changed my windows user from "user" to "admin". The bug had disappeared, i could now see the prices and descriptions of the items.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
At the suggestion of Wizard101 support, I updated my video drivers to the latest AMD drivers. After rebooting my system, I launched Wizard101. I still cannot see prices in the Crown Shop.

I tried Smoothing in all 3 configurations (off, UI Only, Full), and in each case I still could not see the prices in the Crown Shop.

To summarize:

1. My flash version is the most recent flash version
2. My video drivers are the most recent video drivers
3. I have Comic Sans MS font installed
4. My DPI is 96 DPI.
5. I have tried Smoothing in all configurations

Nothing works.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Sorry for the delay, I was conferring with our technical Wizards and they have some questions for you.

1. Do you have the Comic Sans font installed?
You can find out by opening any word processing program such as word, or excel, and changing the font - if Comic Sans is NOT on your list, let us know.

2. What is your DPI set at?
You can find out through the following steps.
a) Click Start in Windows XP
b) Click Control Panel
c) Click Display
d) Click the Settings Tab
e) Click the Advanced Button
There you will see your DPI Setting. If it is NOT 96 DPI please let us know.

Thank you very much in advance for any further information you can give us!

What in the spiral is Windows XP?

Administrator
**UPDATE**

Seems we may have tracked down the problem and we are testing it internally to make sure that it fixes the issue with the missing text on the Crowns shop, without breaking something else.

Please be assured that we will keep you updated on the progress. Thank you to everyone who helped us troubleshoot, as it initially seemed like a very hit-and-miss problem.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Gamma wrote:
**UPDATE**

Seems we may have tracked down the problem and we are testing it internally to make sure that it fixes the issue with the missing text on the Crowns shop, without breaking something else.

Please be assured that we will keep you updated on the progress. Thank you to everyone who helped us troubleshoot, as it initially seemed like a very hit-and-miss problem.

Thank goodness! My sister was beginning to get annoyed with me for asking her the prices all the time, haha. Hope it's fixed soon!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Wizard101 support asked me to try the following settings:

- Resolution: 800x600
- Full screen: off
- Smoothing: off
- Graphics details: low
- Texture details: low
- Bloom active: off

I tried these settings. I still cannot see any prices in the Crown Shop.