Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

SLOW SLOW SLOW since the upgrade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Since the recent upgrade, all the servers (including those advertised as "Perfect") are very slow, with numerous dropped animation frames and jerky movement. What's up?

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
in the options - turn off the new smoothing option
makes a HUGE difference

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
idk either dude. but ever since this huge big new update its been really annoying getting around because of this lagging. I wish they would have never did the update because the cost for everything is just soo wrong.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Yes, it seems so to me too, although I didn't describe it as well as you did. :)

Some areas are still really nice and clear and others are...jerky...like you said. I did get a good tip from admins to check and make sure your graphics option for the game is set to high.

Hopefully it is just a matter of the game "settling in" since the upgrade. Can you tell I am not a programmer? :)

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Noticed it too. Really bad. Thought it was my home internet service, but is the same at my work. Pretty impossible to play. Mine was fine after the major upgrade, with occasional lags but since the 19ths regularly scheduled maint... has gotten much worse.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I haven’t noticed any difference since the updated patch was installed. Keep in mind, my computer is built for gaming so I'm way ahead of the curve. I'm interested in what everyone's system specs are. Does KI need to raise the minimal standards for running the game efficiently?

My current system:

XFX 790i Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad-Core Processor
8800 GTX x 3 Video Cards
640MB Caviar Western Digital (primary hard drive)
150Gb 10 000rmp Velociraptor (secondary hard drive)
4 GB Dominator Corsair Memory

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
I have a relatively old system. An AMD 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core processor with 2GB of memory. The video card is a GeForce 7300 LE, a circa 2006 "entry-level" gaming card. This system is nothing to write home about, but until the upgrade it ran Wizard101 just fine at 1280x1024 resolution and high graphics settings.