Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i still love this~ maybe we could make a whole set for 100 crowns.

hat: hobo helmet

-50% to accuracy and health.

robes: potato-sack prince (for boys) or paper-bag princess (for girls)
-90% to all healing spells.

boots: beggar's boots

while equipped, caster cannot buff or shield.

-

extras:

wand: out-of-ice-cream-time-to-die wand

looks like a giant ice-cream cone and stuns caster for 3 rounds (without giving stun blocks).

pet: fizzbot
talents include may cast infection, may cast smoke screen, may cast mana burn, and may cast shatter... all on the caster.
mount: the spambulance
-50% speed, talking mount that loudly reminds the rider of every quest in his/her log, every 5 minutes.

hee hee hee!
-von

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
I don't think this is a good idea at all.
If they had bad stats why would you get them?? (unless you liked them for occasional wear)
I think it should look the same but have high stats like +30% power pip or +40% critical rating!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Zebulous Newt on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
actually, I would want the self hurting wand. I main a necromancer and the spells that hurt self can be quite useful in some situations. Also only four wand spells is awesome!

lol if you wanted to make an annoying wand you need it to be low damage and of a celestial damage type and have it give like fifteen wand spells. Then the player would sometimes waste a whole turn just discarding their hand full of ten damage un-boostable wand spells.

and yes, after all the finery we get to wear, a plain brown and/or grey un-dye-able set of clothes would be refreshing. If you want the clothing set to have an unwanted appearance make the equips misshapen not just poor looking.
That is just awesome.

They should make a wand similar to your wand but you can only use it on the annoying people who teleport to you everywhere.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
You'd better not forget the:

Beggar's Rusty Athame: -50 health, -5 mana Cost: 100c
Beggar's Plastic Ring: Gives 10 Stun Block Spells (Basically Useless) Cost 50c
Beggar's Flawed Necklace: -50% accuracy -75% all damage Cost 100c
Beggar's Creaky Wagon: -25% Normal Speed, Gives 1 Beggar's Clothes Piece every 15 minutes Cost 250c

This has brightened my day today

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
grahambhg on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
Hole-in-the wall (house): It's like the dorm room only smaller. 20 item limit and the "increase housing items" elixir does not work on it. 500 crowns.

Stinker (plant) : Like Stink weed, but it infests all other plants with the highest rank pest they can have, the moment you leave. Never becomes elder, can't dig up.

Fizzlenator: (amulet): -90% accuracy.

Fizzalot: (athame): -75% accuracy.

Circle of Fizz (ring): -70% accuracy

Borked musi: Music player that cannot use music scrolls, Plays seven notes of Wizard101 main theme before repeating. (Note to mods: intentional typo of "Broken music", please don't fix)

Ace of beggars (deck): Can only hold ONE card.

Bad Piggle: randomly shields enemies, traps self, etc. Everything you DON'T wan it to do, it does.

Puffy rice cake (pet snack): Zero stats. no pet ever likes. (Not even the Bag Piggle I just invented.)

Fool's gold (reagent): used in no recipes, no sell, no auction.

All items I have listed above are 100 crowns each, unless noted otherwise.
For the Hole-in-the wall house there should be no door, so after porting to the house, they have to wait to port out. the bank inside should have a reduced amount of storage.

I also think you should be able to gift clowns (like crowns) that have a graphic slightly different than crowns, and when ever 1 is used the person loses 50 coins. 50 crowns per 40 clowns.

this idea is hilarious! It is so annoying when people come begging me to gift them a card pack when the I'm just trying to get to the bazaar quickly and go back to my quest. The price is definitely worth it.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Hello everyone...again lol... This is the third question/topic I posted today. Busy day lol. Anyway I was casually riding through the world tree on my permanent chestnut pony on my way to bazaar. When a random girl waiting by the entrance asked to be my friend. I am happy to make new friends so I said yes. I just exited the world tree, when she whispers to me, "do you have crowns?" I new where she was heading so I said "no I bought this mount with gold" which was true. She then deleted me Right then and there!!!! I was so mad that she added me for gifting so I ignored her. How dare she!!! People can't just wait for someone to gift them!! I am very tired of Beggers. Since new stuff is coming out I see a lot of them roaming around lately. Anyone else have the same problem happen to them while wearing ONE BLESSED THING from the crown shop??

Administrator
strawberry13245 please stop posting duplicate messages. Your prior message was merged with this existing topic.

Please take a moment to read the Code of Conduct (https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct) before you post again.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Oh, wow. The sloth mount is very similar to some of the ideas already in here. Has anybody gifted it to a beggar?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
grahambhg on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Oh, wow. The sloth mount is very similar to some of the ideas already in here. Has anybody gifted it to a beggar?
I thought the exact same thing. And they made it good looking so people actually like it - excellent joke! I realize some people like it because they collect mounts and it's cute. But for a beggar that actually wants something useful... it makes a great gift!

I can't wait until Von's fizzbot pet gets released! They should make it cute and fluffy too.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Very VERY bad!

This is being horrible to people, maybe begging is annoying but you don't do that to someone!

It's not nice to the person, while they expect nice things, they get horrible things you invented to annoy them more.

No one should do it.

Mary~
Ice Wizard/Thaumaturge

Journeyman

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
mary? we are trying to have a nice game and beggars are making this the worst ever! not meaing this harshly at all we just want a nice game so think about that

Katherine Shadowtheif
mangus necromancer

Defender
May 29, 2009
I think that you should actually make a quest for lvl 90s to complete maybe something like malistaire which is a follow up side quest for a quest, stop begging. Stop begging would give you the gear, then you would have to do the real quest. This could be more fun than noob battling malistaire.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
RottenHeart on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
To complete the full ensemble:

Mount: Rotten Lemon
- A useless mount that travels at -5% regular speed.
- Cost: 200 crowns

The Rotten Lemon stats should say +40% speed. It could also state damage and resistance boosts too. And extra 10% pip chance. None of which is true... because its a lemon! Thats the whole joke!

To make it even better the Rotten Lemon could look and travel great for the first 12 hours of use, and then rapidly degrade. This way people who don't know better think they got something good.

Actually, I would pay 3000 crowns to gift someone a Rotten Lemon mount that degrades after 12 hours. Especially one of those really annoying gamers found in Wizard City commons.
It's funny you thought about this. The Sloth Mount gives -40% speed, but the funny thing is, people do actually like this Sloth Mount. It has even became the subject of many contests and giveaways!

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I love this idea! We forgot some Beggar furniture

Crooked Painting- Wall item that turns itself around every minute.
Wooden Bed- Bed made out of wood that costs you 50 gold every time it snaps.
Scrap Metal Sidetable- The Wooden Bed's sidetable. Costs you 100 health every time you walk close to it.
Torn Rug- A torn rug that costs 10 mana and 100 health every time you step on it.
Snapped Desk- Desk that drops everything you put onto it every hour.

All of this would cost 100 Crowns total.

Amber Nightblossom, Level 76 Diviner
Kestrel Ashthorn, level 18 Necromancer

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
XD, I like this idea and I got a idea for a pet:

Pet: Malfunctioning Clockwork
It gives, 7 selfish talents and the others are: May cast balanceblade (on the enemy), May cast weakness (on self), May cast sprite (for enemy)
Well, that's my idea and I love yours lol.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
lordfuzzywubbums on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
kinda harsh man
I agree, Dragosoup. It would be funny for April Fools Day items but keeping it on the game without a Holiday? Yeah, "Kinda harsh man" XD

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A special pack you can gift people who wheedle or extort gifts from other players:

It costs 187 crowns.

When the recipient opens the gift, he gets muted for 30 days. In addition, it fills his backpack with an inventory-choking number of stray piggles that have been spayed or neutered, in accordance with Wizard City municipal law. (They can't be used to hatch)

In addition, the recipient loses the badge "Master of Karate and Friendship" for 30 days.

The crown cost ensures that this trick won't be used lightly or irresponsibly. Only the real persistent nuisances merit spending actual cash money to silence them.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
I think there should be a troll pack, for example look at "Noob badge" by vonawesome i believe. I accidentaly posted it on there. Anyways there should also be a 4 player mount. Beggars gas-leaking car. It starts off going at +70 speed, but over a span of weeks/days it loses speed until its -60, which is reeeeeealy slow

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
RottenHeart on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
These items should defintely be added to the crown shop. Giftable items. Non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar.

KI -> No need for fancy graphic development. Old school 2D pixelated is fine. Give this project to your intern or co-op student.

New Crown Shop Items (non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar):

1. Beggar's Hat
- crumby drab looking hat. -50pts health, -5% resistance
- cost: 100 crowns

2. Beggar's Robe
- crumby drab looking robe. -50pts health, -5% damage

3. Beggar's Boots
- crumby sandals. -50pts health, -10% accuracy

4. Beggar's Wand
- tin cup. 4 spells 85pts damage to self.
and they also prevent yourself from glitches and are most likely to cause item loss (it will never lose the beggars outfit). every day it will vanish one robe one pair of boots, one wand and one hat. all the way until there is no more left. it can also transfer into the bank and house and attic also. this will not happen to players lvl 40 and over. it will not let you collect clothes from quests or monsters and will not let you buy more until you get to lvl 40 or over.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
dang everyone wants to gift beggars stuff that will give them a horrible time using it like gear that drops health and resistance and makes them pay 100 health and 10 mana for stepping on stuff that is kind of messed up lol. it would be better if you just say "plz leave me alone i don't like to gift people that beg allot" then switch realms or an area or something (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
chopper99933 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
dang everyone wants to gift beggars stuff that will give them a horrible time using it like gear that drops health and resistance and makes them pay 100 health and 10 mana for stepping on stuff that is kind of messed up lol. it would be better if you just say "plz leave me alone i don't like to gift people that beg allot" then switch realms or an area or something (Blaze Moonmender promethean)
Try being nice and say "sorry, I don't gift". Port out and back again, then watch them from a distance. Most beggers do not stop. If you see one port away they often aren't gone, they are realm hopping. If you hang around you will see them again. Or if you hop realms you will find them again.

These are just fun thoughts aimed at curbing annoying behaviours.

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
StormofSpades on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
I love this idea! We forgot some Beggar furniture

Crooked Painting- Wall item that turns itself around every minute.
Wooden Bed- Bed made out of wood that costs you 50 gold every time it snaps.
Scrap Metal Sidetable- The Wooden Bed's sidetable. Costs you 100 health every time you walk close to it.
Torn Rug- A torn rug that costs 10 mana and 100 health every time you step on it.
Snapped Desk- Desk that drops everything you put onto it every hour.

All of this would cost 100 Crowns total.

Amber Nightblossom, Level 76 Diviner
Kestrel Ashthorn, level 18 Necromancer
Don't forget these XD:
Scratchy Music Player: Cannot actually play any scrolls. If you try to make it do that it will VERY LOUDLY play the first seven notes of that scroll before a scratchy noise and repeating.
Splintery Floor: A floor that is covered with splinter textures. If you step on a splinter you will lose 50 health until you pull it out, which makes you lose 100 health cause it hurts so much.
Rough unpainted wall: just like the splintery floor, but it's a wall with some little plastic things that move around so you can see a dirty street.
Twizzle birdie: Annoys you every 6 minutes about your reagents, hats, cloaks, shoes, quests and furniture in a high pitched voice. Cant remove it.
- Catherine Winterstaff, LvL 16 going on 17

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
KI doesn't have control over the millions of people who beg for crowns. It's not like they can just break into the persons house and stop them from asking. That's why we have the ignore button.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
here is the troll pack

i have an idea sort of like the "Great Idea For Beggars" topic.

Cost: 399 crowns (like any pack)

A troll pack. Upon opening it you get all sort of joke items. and when a player nearby clicks on profile and hits the added "Interact" button, a GUI pops up with a selection of all the areas the joke item is on. and if you Stitch it, the stats and name disappear from your players public profile view, the joke is on them! it can be anywhere from the Troll Faic (look it up) popping up on screen, or a random useless item going into the inventory of the other person depending on where the person clicks on your avatar.

The pack gives 3 variations of every joke item. Boy, Girl, And rare.

The rare items can be sold at bazaar for a hefty amount of gold, or three times more crowns than the pack's cost (as its a 2 in 2000 chance of showing up

Also the rare gives a boost on any stat for you, could be speed, could be health, could be mana, crit or block rating, or all.

The butter and bread of the pack though, is Trololand, a house that has a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of drop, and has secrets, illusions, and rides that are like minigames, only you dont do much or anything at all. Also there are those games like the claw grabber game. 2 in every 50 people would get a decent prize, one play per day, and to play you need to pay 200 gold into a token machine for a cup of tokens (enough for every game in the arcade).

The house itself is the manager's office which, like the TARDIS, is much bigger on the inside with a whopping 10,000 item limit.

If you like this say so in he desc. and if you really want, the trololand park can also have a dispenser for the troll pack, but instead of 7 items only one item, and for gold amount of 10,000

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I was doing quests with a friend of mine and a beggar came up to him asking for something and he told them "I am sorry, but I don't have the gifting function on my account" I loved that and asked him if I could use it since it was so very annoying to have beggars come up wanting you to give them your hard earned money for their folly. Especially when all you want to do is play your game.