Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
Happens to me A LOT. I wish it would stop, but theres nothing we can do...

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree. The random friend requests too. But i find it mostly just in Wizard City.

I find I ride my mount full steam forward whenever I'm in Wizard City. Don't pause for anything! Good thing wizards don't get hurt when I run them over! Sometimes I wish there was another bazaar in another spiral world. sigh.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2008
I agree its extremely annoying. its sad kinda sad too.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RottenHeart on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
I agree. The random friend requests too. But i find it mostly just in Wizard City.

I find I ride my mount full steam forward whenever I'm in Wizard City. Don't pause for anything! Good thing wizards don't get hurt when I run them over! Sometimes I wish there was another bazaar in another spiral world. sigh.
Agreed! I do the same thing...get through The Commons as quickly as possible.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Instead of running through quickly, put on your best crowns gear, equip your best pet that has a crown symbol next to it, get on your biggest flashiest crowns mount and just sit there in the commons for a few. Don't say anything, don't accept any invites, just sit there and let them drool.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Tatiana Winterhear... on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Instead of running through quickly, put on your best crowns gear, equip your best pet that has a crown symbol next to it, get on your biggest flashiest crowns mount and just sit there in the commons for a few. Don't say anything, don't accept any invites, just sit there and let them drool.
Lol. You are evil. Talk about bullying! Although it is fun to see them ask for gifts.. I usually go into the commons when I wanna troll people asking for gifts.

Typical situation:
Begger: Do you have crowns?
Me: Yes, they are for someone special, do you want to guess who it is?
Begger: Me, can u gift me
Me: No, for myself...
Begger: Noob
Me: Takes one to know one :D (realm switch)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Lol. You are evil. Talk about bullying! Although it is fun to see them ask for gifts.. I usually go into the commons when I wanna troll people asking for gifts.

Typical situation:
I think that's really awfull and mean. Not very nice at all.

... I like it! I'm going to do it tonight!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Typical situation:
LOL @ Ronster~ I think you're the one who's evil!

Love this~ will have to remember for the next time I encounter a beggar!

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
If they had an update where you could temporarly disable chat to friends only, and have you enable it after you leave the area *Or all the people leave* This would be averted.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Nolsterbuckr on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
I have played this game for over two years now, and the only main problem is not the game itself, but some of the players.
Almost every time I get on do I receive a flood of people in the Commons begging me to gift them crowns or packs. This is extremely annoying to me, and I am sure many others are sick and tired of it.
All you really need to do it say, "thats it i'm muting you." then press ignore. You wont have to listen anymore. You can also turn off friend and group rquests in the "privacy options." Hopefully this will help.

~Tara Frostgem level 66 Diviner

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Beggar: "Can you gift me?"
Me ; "No"
Beggar: "Why not?"
Me: "What have you done to earn it?"
Beggar: "(insert random filter dodge swear word or insult)"

As if that is going to change my mind? I wish begging was a reportable offense instead of having to get them to swear at me to report them. It would save so much time.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2012
I agree with this, for a whole week this guy followed me around. Even in my house! He stole my kills and always annoyed me. He could see my chat though he never responded. He just kept asking "Give me crowns plz :)". I finally had to ignore him (which I don't like to do to anyone). It annoys me too.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
@ronster I've done that before lol. Some of the time il have crowns, some I won't lol

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Listening to people complaining about people who are begging for crowns is much worse.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009

Typical situation:
lol figures knowing you :P Anyhow, this problem will never go away sadly. Wizard City it like the 3rd world country of the game..

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Maybe you should go on a empty realm at night once i did that and peace and quiet there was barely anyone in the commons only like too people who doesn't use open chat

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I don't think crowns players should have to hide in empty realms to get away from beggars.

KI should just flag the phrase "gift me" so that only open chat can use it (cuts down a large percentage of beggars).

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I discovered if I wear drab looking gear nobody ever bothers me.

- No beggers
- No girlfriend/boyfriend requests
- Very reduced random friend requests

I stitch awsome gear including wand to basic junky stuff. I can hang out in the commons, even talk to people and I get very few requests. If I switch to cool looking stuff the requests begin again.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Ok, to irritate the beggars maybe try this. Go to wizard city, and talk about how you just bought a really expensive crowns mount, the shark mount or something not seen often. And then mention how you sold it to a vendor because you needed an extra 1500 gold to hatch a pet.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Ok, to irritate the beggars maybe try this. Go to wizard city, and talk about how you just bought a really expensive crowns mount, the shark mount or something not seen often. And then mention how you sold it to a vendor because you needed an extra 1500 gold to hatch a pet.
For really annoying beggars, be polite and lead them around a bit, take them to a quiet area, then say "one moment, don't go away, brb". Then go for dinner without logging off. They might try reporting you, but it won't stick.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
it is seriously annoying also someone started to ask for someone to buy him a membership it made me seriously mad

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
Hey, at least i know how my dad feels when i beg for crowns

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
RottenHeart on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:

I totally agree! They need another Bazaar in another world! Maybe Grizz or Celestia. I'm so tired of seeing beggars and people saying "I need a girl/boy". Although for them I like to just say: "You need a life." lol

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Nolsterbuckr on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
I have played this game for over two years now, and the only main problem is not the game itself, but some of the players.
Almost every time I get on do I receive a flood of people in the Commons begging me to gift them crowns or packs. This is extremely annoying to me, and I am sure many others are sick and tired of it.
If it keeps on continuing, just ignore them.