Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 18, 2012
purrfectgirl on May 11, 2013 wrote:
and they also prevent yourself from glitches and are most likely to cause item loss (it will never lose the beggars outfit). every day it will vanish one robe one pair of boots, one wand and one hat. all the way until there is no more left. it can also transfer into the bank and house and attic also. this will not happen to players lvl 40 and over. it will not let you collect clothes from quests or monsters and will not let you buy more until you get to lvl 40 or over.
there will also be no way to get rid of it

Explorer
May 06, 2012
i cant give things away.(from the way it sounds that is a good thing)it is like real life.beggars everyware!

Survivor
May 13, 2009
I have had some of these experiences , and beggars are sooooooo annoying haha

I do love the ability to gift my besties, and them gift me, but when people are gifting people that they didn't even get to know well in-game, it takes some of the specialness out of recieving one from a close friend of yours.

If other people want to be able to experience exchanging gifts with each other, like good buddy-chums would, then just run around and quest! That's how I met most of my best friends, just questing and randomly bumping into each other on accident! XD

If they would just keep their minds open to sharing with friends rather than just taking, then everyone would have a much better time hanging around in commons and gifting. (But sadly, this probably won't happen...)

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Umm wow. I meant things like the sloth mount. April fools content. Pranks and novelties. Things with very situational uses like the self hitting wand or the wand with fifteen wand spells. Things I may want to use if I get tired of being all powerful.

Not malicious content.

Taking damage in a non hostile environment is fine, free warp to the commons.
filling the inventory with irremovable trash items is just an attack. An item that deletes your stuff randomly, even if it can be gotten rid of, is beyond prankish.

I wouldn't mind charging up equipment by "feeding" it an item, but I want to be able to select the item to be consumed.

I mean what is this?! You are tired of beggars so you cripple every beggar you meet? What prevents you from crippling someone you simply don't like?
"I don't like your hair, lose thirty inventory slots!"
"It's not fair that you got that drop and I still haven't gotten it after fifty tries! I am going to gift you a pet, and if you ever accidentally accept it, you will lose everything you have, one by one!"

So... so... dark! I am disgusted.

I am talking about joy buzzers and bits of colorful trash, not sponges of acid, and exploding candy!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
@Ball256~ I would totally buy your troll pack! Imagine the fin we could have, with prank interactions good on both friends and complete strangers alike!

zebulous, there is no 'dark' content here... just good clean fun!

I guess that makes the people on this board the Weasleys of the Ravenwood persuasion;
exploding candy GOOD, beggars BAD!

-v.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Zebulas,

I agree. My intent was funny stuff that also gives a friendly message to annoying gamers. Being an open forum some people will post ideas that go a bit far. Obviously there will never be items added to the game that would steal crowns or permanently damage a wizard. Over zealous creative spirit!

The bulk of the ideas posted are hilareous!

Happy Wizarding Everybody!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
RottenHeart on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
These items should defintely be added to the crown shop. Giftable items. Non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar.

KI -> No need for fancy graphic development. Old school 2D pixelated is fine. Give this project to your intern or co-op student.

New Crown Shop Items (non-stitchable, no sale at bazaar):

1. Beggar's Hat
- crumby drab looking hat. -50pts health, -5% resistance
- cost: 100 crowns

2. Beggar's Robe
- crumby drab looking robe. -50pts health, -5% damage

3. Beggar's Boots
- crumby sandals. -50pts health, -10% accuracy

4. Beggar's Wand
- tin cup. 4 spells 85pts damage to self.
Heh, heh -gifts it to friend-
This really goes with the theme of the sloth!

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Dr Von on May 23, 2013 wrote:
@Ball256~ I would totally buy your troll pack! Imagine the fin we could have, with prank interactions good on both friends and complete strangers alike!

zebulous, there is no 'dark' content here... just good clean fun!

I guess that makes the people on this board the Weasleys of the Ravenwood persuasion;
exploding candy GOOD, beggars BAD!

-v.
thanks von, it was an idea i had from W101's start. Anyways, here is a few things the trolling items can do if you want to know:

(To choose what one you either pick from a list upon buying, you can change it and here is what some options are)

Random: picks a random other from the list

1: Trolololoraig: Plays the song "Trololo" for 30 mins or until player logs off
2: MeNotGusta: the "me gusta" meme pops up on screen for a few seconds every few minutes until the player logs off
3: Bye-Bye-Pie item: gives him an item called "Bye-Bye-Pie.", upon the usage (a warning with Ok and cancel will come up) the person gets a 15 minute "Pie" morph and is warped to a different realm
4: banana peel: character does a slipping animation and falls over and cannot move for 30 sec while trying to get up
5 (and final for now): BEN lives on, every once and a while the BEN drowned statue (aka Zelda elegy of emptiness statue) pops up behind your character and the song of healing plays backward, (nintendo might have to let them use the rights on this one) and the player sometimes sets set ablaze and 10 health is sapped from the player and to the man with the troll clothes on. it only goes down 100 total at max, so never will fully kill a person, but a hint on this one: either join a battle or leave the game to avoid these, you will hear a high-pitched laugh like the skull kid does. it will happen 1 minute after that

The BEN one is from a creepypasta, a fan made story. Dont look at the story unless you are over 15 and your parents are okay with you seeing adult wording, or cussing, and the vids, even though they have no wording from the author, will creep you out unless you dont fear the ReDead yell (sort of a high pitched scream, but not a human scream.) anyways. Dont watch it unless, like me, you are of mature age (like over 14-15)

Flint signing off. "When there is darkness, there is light, where the bells ring, all goes silent in the end. Fear not young warrior, and brave the tasks ahead"

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
i am back, was on a few day vacation. Anyways, lets continue on

More BEN: upon usage of certain items like the "BEN" themed item, after a long time of it staying the same, and on you, like maybe if stays on you as same stat for a month or so, it can get upgraded at any time. For a token amount of gold of course, anyways, the BEN one for example, if you keep it then other stuff happens. The "you have met with a terrible fate, havent you?" black screen message, the happy mask sales man, a horse mount, and a green clad man (maybe the statue?), and the skull kid like link finds them in the field in da CP? as in the HM salesman just rotating head to see you, and the others just standing there? i like that idea. Anyways, more now!

New ideas:

fire-pants: For 1 hour the victim's pants are on fire, andthe "Liar Liar Pants On Fire" chant plays in background of ONLY the victim's speakers/headphones

I like trains!: In the main music/sound effect for the entire zone the I like Trains kid from asdfmovie says "I like trains" like he does, and the victim gets run over by a black and white doodle train (as the skit goes in the vid)

thats all for now, cya l8er guys, Bai

"When there is darkness, there is light, where the bells ring, all goes silent in the end. Fear not young warrior, and brave the tasks ahead"

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
RottenHeart on May 14, 2013 wrote:
Try being nice and say "sorry, I don't gift". Port out and back again, then watch them from a distance. Most beggers do not stop. If you see one port away they often aren't gone, they are realm hopping. If you hang around you will see them again. Or if you hop realms you will find them again.

These are just fun thoughts aimed at curbing annoying behaviours.

Happy Wizarding!
i have no idea what you just said rofl

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
chopper99933 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
i have no idea what you just said rofl
If you are a promethean I would expect you know all about porting, realms, and realm hopping. If you don't then just do a bit more reading! LOL!

Happy Wizarding!

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Good idea, but they should be available for gold.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
I think they should seriously add that.

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Before I say anything, I like the gifting option. I like to gift my close friends on holidays

But gifting is causing some troubles.

Peope use the gifting option to bribe, threaten and beg.
Examples:

Bribe: "Free guy, cost is a frostfang." "I will gift you if you help me." " Gift me and I will help you"
Threaten: "Gift me or else you will be sorry!" "Gift me or I will hack your computer!"
Beg: "Plz gift me" "can you gift me" "can some one gift me" "can some with crowns gift me" "I see you have a mount, if you still have crowns can you gift me"

It gets on my nerves, and many others nerves also. In some cases the threatening is reportable, but bribe and beg are not. Beg is annoying, but I don't think it can be reportable.

Bribery however.....I think should be reportable if it is not already. Some of it is bad. People are actually auctioning themselves off for a gift. I don't think it's right

I'm not asking for KI to fix this, but I would like to get my opinion out there that I think that bribery is starting to get bad.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Exactly. Why get gifted when you just get your account taken away? Logic. I believe the worst are the threats though. There are little kids playing this game, And you never know who your talking to.
I do enjoy Gifting my friends Packs and such, But not random strangers. Sometimes, It's best to not say anything and switch realms. And avoid the Commons.
~SabrinaMisty, The Koolest Kitty around!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Agreed.

It might not even be many people abusing the game... Hard to know. Just one wizard in the WC Commons, pet hatchery, or bazaar, standing there begging or soliciting for half an hour impacts alot of players. If he/she starts realm hopping between the top 5 busiest realms suddenly the number of impacted players multiplies.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As someone who does like to gift friends (and even strangers) on occasion, and who has been gifted many times by good friends, I find it sad that a few people feel the need to ruin it for everyone.

The spirit of giving is not to receive anything in return, but to do something nice for people who have made a difference. I don't gift beggars~ I work hard for my money, and won't waste it on people who don't deserve it; but I will occasionally gift people who make me smile and who make the Spiral a nicer place to be in... not to get something in return, but out of the goodness of their hearts.

There are nice players out there, and it's a shame that experiences like mine yesterday (with those 2 sweet little wizards in the shopping district) get so lost in all the scamming and begging that goes on in those areas.

-v.
20something wizard, promethean and

Survivor
May 17, 2013
I would suggest them buy the membership with the cost of 4.95 and they could go to the test realm and buy millions of stuff from crown shop because they give you fake crowns.I am sure they will enjoy it.

Hope this helps for people.
Yours Sincerely
Alex Thunderstone.
Storm Wizard

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
RottenHeart on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
If you are a promethean I would expect you know all about porting, realms, and realm hopping. If you don't then just do a bit more reading! LOL!

Happy Wizarding!
.-. aiight thanks for the tip rofl

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It would be really cool if a kudos system could be put in place. If your kudos drop too much certain priveliges get lost until you raise your count up again.

- Players can give/recieve kudos.
- All players start with 10 kudos points.
- A player can give a positive kudos only once per 12 hours.
- A player can give a negative kudos only once per 12 hours.
- A player can recieve unlimited posive/negative kudos.
- If a player's kudos drops below zero (goes negative) gaming limitations start setting in.
- kudos are based on account - not individual wizards.

People might start begging for positive kudos? Not likely.

What kinds of limitations can be placed on wizards?
- ability to port into worlds they don't have spiral key.
- ability to trade tc's
- ability to port to other player's houses.
- open chat priviledges

There could be bonus for people with high kudos counts.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
RottenHeart on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
It would be really cool if a kudos system could be put in place. If your kudos drop too much certain priveliges get lost until you raise your count up again.

- If a player's kudos drops below zero (goes negative) gaming limitations start setting in.

- ability to trade tc's
- open chat priviledges

That.....is one of the best ideas I have heard of. This is a great solution!

Defender
Jun 22, 2011

- ability to trade tc's
- open chat priviledges

And then what happens when people starting giving random wizards negative kudos just for the sake of it? What if people are afraid to come on because they're afraid people might give them negative kudos? Will there be a kudo war and people don't go on wizard101 anymore?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
AlphaWolf02 on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
And then what happens when people starting giving random wizards negative kudos just for the sake of it? What if people are afraid to come on because they're afraid people might give them negative kudos? Will there be a kudo war and people don't go on wizard101 anymore?
Agreed, I've posted on a lot of message boards, and the ones that have a "karma system" tend to be run by people who meant well, but just didn't know their membership very well.

A few members all but destroyed the community by massively gaming the karma system. Whereas before, bullying required posting as your own persona, the karma system allowed collective and anonymous bullying.

Even with a timer of a week between votes, a small handful of emotionally disturbed young players could wage character assassination against a target, the same way they do on Facebook and Twitter now.

The difference here is, Facebook and Twitter are free, but many players have spent real money on W101. If negative kudos is meant to change behaviors, it needs to come with a penalty, and that penalty might shut bullying targets out of aspects of the game they have paid for.

I simply do not trust the social judgment of our younger players to not abuse this feature. End of story.

@Rottenheart: one bullet, five years of war - Archduke Ferdinand.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
This original message has been removed.
RottenHeart, I guess your name says it all, but unfortunately I have to agree with you. I completely see the same thing happening and they would even have a name for it like ku-dropped.

I have an idea though: What about limit gifting to receive a max of 1 per day and add a low or zero cost bogus gift option. Basically you have to really consider before you accept a gift. If someone is randomly asking people to gift them, then someone gifts them this zero gift. Since they don't know if the gift from that random person is the mount they were begging for or not they accept the gift, but turns out to be the bogus gift which disables their gift receiving ability and hence begging for a whole day. Normal or true friend to friend gifting shouldn't be affected too much since you trust each other and we gift and receive the nice gifts they want. Do people get lots of gifts back to back on the same day?

Historian
May 28, 2009

- ability to trade tc's
- open chat priviledges

But it might be possible that some players just goes around putting negative points on random people just to be annoying, if everyone can receive one every week, then it is likely innocent people get banned. I will suggest that, just like the report button, the negative point can only be placed after submitting a form saying the reason to KI.