Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excessive Beggars are everywhere!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
There are so many beggars in Wizard City now that you can't carry on a conversation with anyone without solicitations popping up over and over. It's gotten so bad it ruins the game for everyone else. Many are just trying to trick newcomers out of treasure cards only to port away without fulfilling the promise of help or trades. It's gotten out of hand and needs to be dealt with.

Are excessive and disruptive solicitations of goods from other players grounds for being reported? Shouldn't it be?

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I know exactly what you mean -_-........When i was just strolling around in wc on my dragon mount, i had 5 noobs ask me to gift them a mount for their noob treasure cards. Why on earth would i give them a permanent mount that costs at least 50,000 when i already saved up 90,000 to get my own dragon mount? NO AMOUNT OF TREASURE CARDS IS WORTH 50,000 GOLD!!!! If i could save up that much gold then anyone else should be able to. Just find a boss you can easily kill and save the drops and sell them....its so easy -_-

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
elementaldragon wrote:
I know exactly what you mean -_-........When i was just strolling around in wc on my dragon mount, i had 5 noobs ask me to gift them a mount for their noob treasure cards. Why on earth would i give them a permanent mount that costs at least 50,000 when i already saved up 90,000 to get my own dragon mount? NO AMOUNT OF TREASURE CARDS IS WORTH 50,000 GOLD!!!! If i could save up that much gold then anyone else should be able to. Just find a boss you can easily kill and save the drops and sell them....its so easy -_-
I know what you guys mean.I saw a guy who asked for a mount.I was saving up too.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I KNOW! I constantly get asked for stuff ALL the time. and i say "why?" and they say because i NEED it. and i said "earn your own like i did, sorry." i said it nice though. gosh, pan handlers in the game too, as if there were so many in real life as it is. i come to this game to get away from all of that. haha. i worked hard for the stuff i buy, whether i earn it in the game and sell things or in real life. hehe. :)

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
ALSO they see how much they cost, obviously they cannot afford to get one themselves, so what makes them think we would be able to go and just buy some random person an expensive item like so? if i did that for every begger on there, i would be in debt! haha.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I know what you mean people always beg me for a mount because they see me on my tiger mount they want one and say they will give me cards for a mount which is really annoying and if i say no they start to beg and beg and keep on following me until i have to port away i think something should be done about this i get asked to many times in one day!

Hunter Nightblade
level 50 Grandmaster of Storm

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
yeah hapend to me once if any beggers are reading this,

STOP IT! NOW!

wolf darkblade lvl 22

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
My personal favorite is standing in the Bazaar and a level 3 wizard friend requests. Now what can THIS mean, I wonder. Well, it means that wizard wants cards, codes (which I don't have), crown items or help. I soloed my way through most of this game, as I am sure many grands did, and I did not stand somewhere, begging for money, cards, equipment or help. Suck it up, buy a minion card or two, and go forth to fight. I wish there was a moderator who could freeze players who beg non stop, but I guess it's up to the more mature players to deal with this. Erin Dawn Weaver, Grand Master Life. PS-We need a NO BEGGING badge, like those signs you put in your window at home that read "No Solicitation".

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
elementaldragon wrote:
That is always happening to me. there was a lvl1 (I am serious) who said if you give me a mount i will give you all my tresure cards and all he had (get redy for this) was a tiny little imp. it makes me angry that he tryed to report me for not agreeing to do the trade plz fix this.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
wolfuzumaki wrote:
I usaly hit ignore on people like that.

Wolf Darkblade lvl 22
I never thought of that thanks

blaze titan breaker lvl 30 life and death

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
lizardmaster12 wrote:
wow i have wings and i never got begged
well it seems no one else is that luky :(

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
Webbeam wrote:
There are so many beggars in Wizard City now that you can't carry on a conversation with anyone without solicitations popping up over and over. It's gotten so bad it ruins the game for everyone else. Many are just trying to trick newcomers out of treasure cards only to port away without fulfilling the promise of help or trades. It's gotten out of hand and needs to be dealt with.

Are excessive and disruptive solicitations of goods from other players grounds for being reported? Shouldn't it be?
I want all this gone too i was lvl 1 (still not to smart about what the game was about) and i saw a lot of scamming going on I thought the game was evil. and also can we report people who use this game as a dating sight? :?

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
bloodforyou wrote:
I KNOW! I constantly get asked for stuff ALL the time. and i say "why?" and they say because i NEED it. and i said "earn your own like i did, sorry." i said it nice though. gosh, pan handlers in the game too, as if there were so many in real life as it is. i come to this game to get away from all of that. haha. i worked hard for the stuff i buy, whether i earn it in the game and sell things or in real life. hehe. :)
people report me when i do this!

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
Loreis04 wrote:
My personal favorite is standing in the Bazaar and a level 3 wizard friend requests. Now what can THIS mean, I wonder. Well, it means that wizard wants cards, codes (which I don't have), crown items or help. I soloed my way through most of this game, as I am sure many grands did, and I did not stand somewhere, begging for money, cards, equipment or help. Suck it up, buy a minion card or two, and go forth to fight. I wish there was a moderator who could freeze players who beg non stop, but I guess it's up to the more mature players to deal with this. Erin Dawn Weaver, Grand Master Life. PS-We need a NO BEGGING badge, like those signs you put in your window at home that read "No Solicitation".
that is what i need when ever i get in the commons i get a noob friend request and the second i exept they put up a card trade thing or ask me to give them my best gear! and they report me if i say no!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Ok the perople that have to go by shopping distric are not lucky there are always people saying good cards for mount! in caps its just so weird for them doing that cuz who will fall for that i think there should maybe be a report for that if the steal something like some do cause sometimes i get so annyoied hereing it

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
lizardmaster12 wrote:
wow i have wings and i never got begged
wow, ur lucky. 2 of my wizards have wings (one doesnt have text chat so thats good) and just for that they assume i have enough crowns to get them a free one (i do but i dont want to). it really ets annoing.

Survivor
May 06, 2010
i have had at least a hundred poeple ask me "plz gift me a mount" and when i tell them i cant they keep on asking! i have never begged for squat and guess what that got me? a lioness permanent. ok so you noobs out there start working for stuff ad stop being a beggar!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Some beggars just won't give up! One day, a noob friend of mine asked for wings. I told her that I didn't have enough crowns. She asked if I could buy her some crowns. Do they think we're rich just because we have a cool mount? If you want wings so bad, buy or farm for one day wings.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I am not nice to beggars. Begging is rude,and I deal with it the same. We need member-only worlds,and that would drastically cut down on the beggars,and others who just like to cause problems.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I have NO idea why people keeps asking for mounts, why can't they fight rattlebones for 1 day mounts, that can at least make them stop asking for some

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Like even if I buy one day mounts people go "OH PLEEEEEEEEESEEEEE" I did that one day just to SEE what would happen and people started asking for mega Snack Packs.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
The most cruel thing happened to me yesterday. I was in the shopping district and i saw a guy with four other guys (all friends except the trader) they were all level one so they didnt know much about the game,The trader had said I WILL GIVE YOU CODES FOR YOUR TREASURE CARDS. Well they did but....guess wat the trader did? He ported and he also reported them! Why in the world would he do that?! I think its just sick that people would be so cruel as to do that to a level one(oh btw if your thinking they had weak cards your wrong,i was listening to them talk sometimes,mainly because one of them was my friend. They obviously just got a crown card ( no membership ) so of course they boust all those cards just to trade them to some guy. One word:Cruel