Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitch + No Port = Extreme Frustration

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Hey guys,

Today while playing BriskBreeze Tower, I called a friend in to help out. He got the quest and ported to me at one of the lower levels. Everything was going fine. Not easy, mind you, but we were making good progress. That is, until the final boss.

When I reached the final room, the boss was nowhere to be seen. Nor could I see my friends who had gone in ahead of me. I thought they had run through the open door at the other side, so I followed. Just as I reached that door, the Boss’s dialogue popped up and I was thrown outside!

Ok, no panic, I thought. I’ll just port back to my friend. Imagine my distress when I couldn’t port to him! (And yes, his friend port was turned on.)

The final is that, thanks to a glitch or game lag, I got cheated out of the final boss fight and my party was slaughtered because I wasn’t there to help and because nobody could pop out to heal up. This particular boss is absolute murder, too.

Guys, challenging is one thing, the rest of the tower was challenging, but this is ridiculous.
:?

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
ArcanaJayne wrote:
Hey guys,

Today while playing BriskBreeze Tower, I called a friend in to help out. He got the quest and ported to me at one of the lower levels. Everything was going fine. Not easy, mind you, but we were making good progress. That is, until the final boss.

When I reached the final room, the boss was nowhere to be seen. Nor could I see my friends who had gone in ahead of me. I thought they had run through the open door at the other side, so I followed. Just as I reached that door, the Boss’s dialogue popped up and I was thrown outside!

Ok, no panic, I thought. I’ll just port back to my friend. Imagine my distress when I couldn’t port to him! (And yes, his friend port was turned on.)

The final is that, thanks to a glitch or game lag, I got cheated out of the final boss fight and my party was slaughtered because I wasn’t there to help and because nobody could pop out to heal up. This particular boss is absolute murder, too.

Guys, challenging is one thing, the rest of the tower was challenging, but this is ridiculous.
:?

I have a question. I can find Briskbreeze Tower but cannot figure out how to get in. I can see the swirls but they are not lit. I am a level 42 and currently in Mooshu. So what do I need to do to be able to enter this tower? Please Help!!
Thanks.

Community Leader
NurseHypno wrote:

So what do I need to do to be able to enter this tower? Please Help!!
Thanks.

Get to level 50.

And next time, you might want to start your own thread instead of piggybacking tangentially off of someone else's.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
ArcanaJayne wrote:
NurseHypno wrote:

So what do I need to do to be able to enter this tower? Please Help!!
Thanks.

Get to level 50.

And next time, you might want to start your own thread instead of piggybacking tangentially off of someone else's.

This thread WAS about Briskbreeze Tower. I searched under that it showed me this thread. I politely asked for help but I guess some people just have to be RUDE!!!!!!

Community Leader
NurseHypno wrote:

This thread WAS about Briskbreeze Tower. I searched under that it showed me this thread. I politely asked for help but I guess some people just have to be RUDE!!!!!!

This thread is about a problem with BriskBreeze Tower. It is not an open thread for discussion of anything that might be related to the subject. When I saw that had that first reply, I got my hopes up thinking it might have been one of the admins. explaining the glitch I encountered. Just imagine my disappointment to see that it was someone else, using my thread to get their own, unrelated question answered.

Speaking of rude, I saw that you posted the identical question in someone else's thread as well. Nobody likes spam.

And finally, please note that I DID actually answer your question. You can't get the quest for the tower until you are level 50. The end.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
It just bad form to switch the topic like that is all. yes it was about the tower, but it had a very specific purpose. It was not about accessing the tower or the towers requirements. If your question does not have relevance to the existing thread it is best to start a new one. Hope that helps.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Lol I'm sorry but it was funny that you switched to a completely different topic. But anyways, I got kicked out of the tower too ,but for some reason I was able to port back. :D So yea it might be a glitch ,but yet again I wasn't at the final boss in the tower I was at the second boss.

David Darkstalker Grand Necromancer

Survivor
May 19, 2009
The game in general seems to be glitching today. I went back to Wizard City to retrieve Obsidian Chests and was unable to port home. I would enter a dungeon to fight a boss and they wouldn't be there, then as I left they'd show up. After that I tried logging off then signing back in. I am fairly certain my xp from the fight (Which I finished) wasn't saved and I was in a different place then where I had stopped before logging off. From that pointon I was even allowed to get into dungeons. Hopefully this all passes in the next hour or so. :-)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I was having a problem to but a little different.I was in ravenwood and ported to a friend and got ported to the entrence of revenwood. This happens like every other day . Thanks ;).