Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Cost too Dang much

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009

What i want to know is who came up with the cost for crowns? I mean only 500 for $1? Come on. with the new mounts costing 15000 crowns, and you only get 13,750 for $25, you can't even buy a mount for $25.

I just got married, I live in a small town, I have possibly one of the best jobs in the town, and still life paycheck to paycheck, and barely have food in the house. I have no tv and have internet to connect with people and stay entertained. I pay about $500 a month for rent and really barely can make the payment to keep playing this game. The only reason I stretch that far is because it is a good game. But when someone in my condition watches a game they love grow, and get better, and we cannot participate in the updates because of these ridiculously high prices, we kind of get lost and pushed to the back and shrivel away.

I purchased the $25 pack of coins and severely regret it. I am sure all adults would agree that $25 is A LOT of money when you dont have much. That would keep me up in bread and milk until my neck paycheck. i know it is a choice to buy or not, but when you make all these great updates to a game, you need to make it attainable for everyone.

This is just something that is very significant and i think that many will agree.

P.S. There should be a reward for people who play and give ideas and alerts in the test realms. (just an idea.)

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
How Right you are!!!

and subscribers are getting the worst of it too!
Is this the true colors of KI showing through , sure hopes not.
But this smells, and a Tourist Trap it is. IMO. all this just takes
the Family FUN out of the game for me, for I will be level 43 before I get up enuff gold to buy my permanent Dragon Mount, and nothing eles bought
I'm not even sure if one can even compleate this whole game anymore
without buying some kind of new gear for your wizard. sighs

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
let put this into perspective.

Dragons are 15000 crowns. 90000 gold
Male tiger and bengal are 15000 crowns. 90000 gold.
Lioness is 10000 crowns. 85000 gold.
Mare and stallion are 7000 crowns. 70000 gold.
Horned bromm is 7000 crowns. 70000 gold.
Purple glider is 5600 crowns. 56000 gold.
Pony is 5000 crowns. 50000 gold.
Enchanted bromm is 5000 crowns. 50000 gold.
These are all permanent

lets edit this a little:

Male tiger and bengal are $30!!!!! or 90000 gold.
Lioness is $20 or 85000 gold.
Mare and stallion are $14 or 70000 gold.
Horned bromm is $14 or 70000 gold.
Purple glider is $11.20 or 56000 gold.
Pony is $10 or 50000 gold.
Enchanted bromm is $10 or 50000 gold.

KI has lost it.. thats INSANE.

$30 could buy a lot of food.
$30 can fill your gas tank
$30 can buy an ENTIRE VIDEO GAME
$30 could buy 30 songs online
$30 could buy a LOT OF THINGS

but $30 for an in game item? seriously? this is TOTAL GREED. This is mostly a CHILDRENS GAME!!!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
How Right you are!!!

and subscribers are getting the worst of it too!
Is this the true colors of KI showing through , sure hopes not.
But this smells, and a Tourist Trap it is. IMO. all this just takes
the Family FUN out of the game for me, for I will be level 43 before I get up enuff gold to buy my permanent Dragon Mount, and nothing eles bought

This also brings up pretty much everything. The prices are just too high for the turnout of monster defeat to gold. When I defeat a ghoul on Unicorn way, i receive anywhere from 0-9 gold. But when i got up to Dragon Spyre, and into the crucible, pretty much any monster I defeat is only giving out 40-50 gold. Even defeating bosses like Jade oni, or even Malistare when it is not an active quest gets you very little gold.

Another all too high priced item is the properties. A fake house costing 100,000 gold. I NEVER see that much. I have the smaller Mooshu house and it was not worth what i paid in gold. I mean, there is quite a bit of lawn, but you can only put 50 items on it, and the house is so small, there is no way you can fit the whole 150 items in there. Someone needs to think about this.

I just really think that the KI staff need to think a little more about what the players of this game would like to see, small and big changes. not just the things they can add to the game that could add to their wallets.

To reverberate, I LOVE WIZARD101! It is just becoming increasingly hard to love something that is advancing and leaving us poor smucks behind.

PS: My wizard is
Amanda Wintersong
Lvl 48 Balance

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Thanks StaticFX . that brings things into a new light.

I mean seriously, I really want to know how they came up with this.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009

Hello King's Isle and everyone,
I really enjoy Wizard101, prolly the only MMO I've ever stuck with after hitting the max level, and trust me when I say I've played a ton. There is very little I can say that fustrates me on the game and love seeing the updates coming out are fresh and add life to the game, however I will AGREE with the many posters that crowns are simply too expensive and I am someone that does make good money but even now I'm feeling my wallet pinching a bit with this last update, and still not completely satisfied with my purchases. When you create an update for your(KI) game that every single thing that you implement in that patch has to do with having too purchase crowns or lots of gold to utilize to experience these new items then you must create an avenue of either giving ways where players can accumulate the crowns/gold easier or lower the prices of the crowns.
King's Isle let me remind you that you centered this game around children, now that you have more players joining in(more so adult) you created a patch that centered around "making" more money when the game wasnt based around "making" money or using much in the way of crowns, seems kinda greedy and selfish. Keep your game how it was originally intended not centered around making money, your game still does claim "The Free Trial that never Ends", it's primarily a supposed to be a "Free" game, believe it or not it's one of the reasons what drew me to the game, ALL the other MMO's I've ever played created there games to make money as a business, dont turn into a business, keep yourselves unique from other selfish and greedy companies. Well just my 2 cents.(even though you got enough of them...lol)

Thanks
Jester15x