Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Continued Issue with Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
I have been playing Wizard 101 since the beta phase and have been delighted with the game overall. Each new build has brought something special and the staff's prompt response to player concerns has been one of the hallmarks.

I was delighted with the change to crafting. It is still challenging to gather reagents (whether to transmute for rare or just acquire sufficient numbers). Finally, I was able to finish my craft training and prepared to embark on my ultimate item, the Carousel.

I knew it would take time but was gearing up to collect the many rare ingredients. Then I hit the stumbling block that I don't think I will overcome. You see, the Carousel requires Earthquake Treasure Cards. I'm a Life wizard so I can't craft it for myself. Unfortunately, Earthquake can't be purchased in the Library and, due to it's popularity with dueling, it doesn't show up in the Bazaar or for trade very often.

Is there another way to obtain the other school treasure cards?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I have myth guy with earthquake if we can figure out place meet.
I glad make some cards for you all we need is the keen eyes.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
That is so very kind of you. I have Satyr to offer and level 4 cards from other schools and will be more than happy to trade a few more to make it worth your while. I was able to get one card at the Bazaar so only need 7 now. What would be a good time to meet up?

In game I am Savannah Griffincloud. Thank you again!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
drgnknight wrote:

I am not sure if cards made via keen eyes can be used to craft with...on the other hand, a myth crafter can make them esily enough for you.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
Many thanks to several wizards who helped me out today. I have the needed cards. Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you drgnknight, but I really appreciated the offer.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
drgnknight wrote:

I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck. There are two kinds of treasure cards:

* The kind worth money: you can win them in battle, find them in chests, craft them, use them as reagents, sell them or buy them. You cannot trade them.

* The free kind: you can manufacture them in battle using aura cards (like "Strong" or "Accurate"). You can trade them with other players, but you cannot buy or sell them.

I discovered the difference long ago when I "made" a bunch of cards for crafting, and could not use them as reagents.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2008
what is the solution? can only myth people and those you get a earthquake for eye of bartelby make that ride thing that goes round and round i can't spell.

And does anyone know where bright surcoat of paragon recipe is?