Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Seraph is Sick

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Seraph does not sound good anymore Please fix her. Sign this is you agree, Life wizards unite!
Edward LionHeart Grand Master Life Wizard

Delver
May 04, 2009
I know what you mean about the Seraph. This just started happening after the last "Update" with the mounts and other stuff. I sent them a bug report saying that she sounds like someone is pinching her bottom or something. LOL.
Jasmine Stormwalker

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I know!! I don't like the new sound either and even told them that on test. Did they listen? NO! Her sound before was pretty neat but this one stinks.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
NurseHypno wrote:
I know!! I don't like the new sound either and even told them that on test. Did they listen? NO! Her sound before was pretty neat but this one stinks.
I agree too. I am from the myth school but i train in life. and the seaprh sounds WAY better before they fixed her.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Both the Imp and the Seraph have had their sounds changed and it is terrible. I much prefer the old audio then what they are using now.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Preacher7719 wrote:
Both the Imp and the Seraph have had their sounds changed and it is terrible. I much prefer the old audio then what they are using now.

Yes the new sounds are Terrible! and so is the summon minion, it used to have a very distintive sound and I knew that I or someone had summoned a minion now I do not hear anything but a sick wineing noise.
Please KI change them all back to the old sounds.

P.S. Also Put back all the small green healing diamonds that 'used'
to rotate around your wizard when ever a healing is cast. and our wizards
'used' to jump up while getting healed, well they don't anymore.
Whats up with that KI?

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I agree with all the people so far who have posted about the changes to life wizard spells and the sounds or actions they produce.

The worst, by far, is the change to Seraph. Can anyone at KI explain WHY this was done?

Hunter Earthsong
Grandmaster Theurgist

Administrator
We're sorry you don't like the Seraph's voice when she is summoned, however we needed her summoned voice to be the same as her voice as a non-player character in unicorn way - this is why the summoned voice was changed.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Complaining about sound makes no sense:
If you don't like the sound, turn the sound off. Simple.

Amber Pixiefountain
Grandmaster life

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Her non character voice in Unicorn Way? For me that was forty some levels ago. I have no recall as to how she sounded way back then when she gave me...what...the fairy card?

Really, I'm not sure anyone would notice the difference but all the life wizards I talk to and from what I'm seeing here on the boards is that no one is impressed with the Seraphs changes.

Sometimes an attempt to correct what is perceived as needing changed is the wrong move.

If you need the voices the same then fine, just make her sing louder or longer. Anything but that pathetic croak.

As for the Imp, I think I like the changes to his voice.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Hunter Earthsong
Grandmaster Theurgist

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Hmm... I agree with you, too. I like the old "Yi yo yah yah" thing with the Seraph before. XD

I supose what Prof. Greyrose makes sense though...

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
I dunno how she sounded um what 45-50 levels ago? No one seemed to notice. It should be changed back. Another thing tha twas changed, Imp. It is another messed up thing to me.

O i have a bug to report also. I was on my like level 3 wizard and one of those ghosts used FIRE DRAGON with 1 pip. So um all 4 of us were wiped out. Same thing happened, but in Marleybone against Agony Wraith (in Big Ben), he used Scarecrow with 4 pips (no power pips). I have only seen Scarecrow once in Dragonspyre (Malistare's ghost minions). So can you guys fix these 2 issues.

-wario
Blaze Shadowblade (grandmaster ice Also, storm & life)
Blaze Titanwhisper (grandmaster balance. Also, ice, death, & life)
Blaze (Level 48 life. Also, fire, death, and ice)
Blaze Shadowhunter (Level 48 fire. Also, death & myth)
Jason Titanmancer (Level 16 death. Also balance (planning for ice and life)
Blaze Shadowmancer (Level 3 storm. Also, life. (planning death & not sure yet)

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
StaticFX wrote:
Why?

hmm... could it be for something else? does she appear in a new realm?

Ahhhhh....what an interesting question StaticFX. That idea had not crossed my mind.

The rumors are somewhat persistent that the new world will be Celestia right? Well the Seraph is an angel. Angels/Celestial beings/Celestia.

Sounds intriguing indeed. She could end up as a main character in the new world hence they'd want more continuity with the voice.

Ok, I buy that idea. Mabye just make the voice or the singing she does now in the update a little more louder or stronger.

Hunter

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
Complaining about sound makes no sense:
If you don't like the sound, turn the sound off. Simple.

Amber Pixiefountain
Grandmaster life

What am I going to do? Turn the sound off every time I cast Seraph???
I like listening to the music and sound effects when I play just not the new Seraph squawk/squeek.
Complaining makes absolute sense. KI reads these boards, obviously, and from what I can tell they appreciate feedback both positive and negative.
Changes in the past year reflect that.

Hunter Earthsong
Grandmaster Theurgist

Defender
May 08, 2009
Life is not the only one. My heckhound no longer roars, and just makes a sound you can barley hear. Did it get a sore throat? lol

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009

i agree every move sounds better before that update!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I agree, but also during this so called "Update" they changed the sound of the spell Regenerate which sound pretty darn epic. But the sound of "Oooh! lalalalala!" or whatever isn't so graceful and lively! I like "Eehiohwhya!" better! (PLEASE DON'T START A FIGHT ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY! IT'S OFFTOPIC AND IT'S JUST MY OPINION OF WHAT THEY SAY!)

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Yes! Yes!!!! Fix her now KI!!! She sounds awful :( She sounded hard core before 8) Put the other sound back on her!!!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
ewallacestudent1 wrote:
Seraph does not sound good anymore Please fix her. Sign this is you agree, Life wizards unite!
Robert LifeFlame Grandmaster life

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
Hmm... I agree with you, too. I like the old "Yi yo yah yah" thing with the Seraph before. XD

I supose what Prof. Greyrose makes sense though...
lol i agree but its yah yo areeoh

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
ewallacestudent1 wrote:

I agree with you 100%. You guys should have kept the other version. I'm not liking the new one at all.