Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Characters Deleted With Recent Patch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
OK, I waited for the patch to complete and when I log in I am sent directly to the character creation page. I back out of that and my character page is EMPTY. I'm leaning towards saying this is part of the patch but in any event, I WANT MY CHARACTERS RESTORED!

Administrator
Thank you all, we're aware of these reports and looking into the cause right now.

Please be patient while we track down this rather scary bug, but rest assured we are working hard to restore your temporarily missing characters.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
I'm having the same issue. Sending an email. But maybe this is a more wide-spread issue.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
My characters were deleted also on my subscriber account. I logged into a temp account I have and they were still there. I logged in and out several times to my real account and they still are not there and I am not allowed to create a new character. I have emailed support and I am waiting to hear back.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
my character is also missing with this recent patch, every time i try to log in i get sent halfway through the character creation tutorial and when i exit out of it and to the character selection screen, my character isn't there

so far i have tried logging out 8 times and the same thing happens every time

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
I am experiencing the same problem when I try to log in after patching. Other than noticing that my characters are gone, I'm also noticing that it seems as if the launcher runs through that patching files twice...the first time being very quick with the second time taking a little longer (not too long though, less than 20 seconds). Also, I have a family account set up and the secondary account still has all of its characters when you log in. I've relayed all this information to support@wizard101.com...we'll see what comes of it.

Thanks!

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
Same thing happened to me. I am sending Mr Lincoln an email now.

I understand the upset, but I agree shouting isn't necessary.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
cwalker509 wrote:
OK, I waited for the patch to complete and when I log in I am sent directly to the character creation page. I back out of that and my character page is EMPTY. I'm leaning towards saying this is part of the patch but in any event, I WANT MY CHARACTERS RESTORED!

My very first post here and I have to say I've just spent the last hour or so running between three different computers, uninstalling wizard, re-installing it and still my characters appear to be 'wizard-napped' by some beastly malistaire follower. I have contacted wizard101 but they appear to be inundated with problems and I have had no reply. I'm totally gutted. Having just gifted a subscription to a dear friend I now am in the position of talking her through the game on the telephone while my wizards try and escape the evil clutches of whichever bad guy has them tied and held to ransom.

Grief, as a parent I should be well past feeling disappointed - I guess that's a simple sign of an adult being addicted to a kids game, eh?

Oh woe is me! :P

Anyone tell me how long this kind of problem usually takes to sort out? Or do I have to await the delivery of a ransom note?

Oh, btw - Hi, I'm pretty new here. Love the game, love the boards. :)

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
im having same issue, and i have emailed support.. even though im sure it will be fixed...worst case senerio if it cant be fixed what happens next?

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
The second account on the family plan also is missing all of the wizards and I even downloaded the patch for that one on a different computer.

This indeed is widespread. Wake up Mr Lincoln. Time to get busy again :)

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
Yep. My character has vanished as well. Now, if i make a new character, will that make it so my old one cant come back???

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
No character for me either, I'm the account holder/creator....my sub account character can sign in and play. I am NOT happy about this happening!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
I had the same problem with our first account - all six chars missing after patch. Oddly, I logged into our second account on the same computer, and all those chars seem to be there. What a way to start a rainy weekend with a sick kid! She can't play the character she's spent the last two months developing.

Administrator
UPDATE

We have tracked down the source of the problem and want to reassure you that your characters are NOT DELETED, they are just temporarily unavailable.

Your characters will be available again soon, and we ask that you do not make new characters on accounts that appear to have absent Wizards.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
I have had the same problem. I got online hoping to play a little bit of Wizard101. Sign in, it takes a, noticeably, longer time to load than any other time. Once I click play it takes me to character creation page. I did the same as all of you, clicked out of it and all 3 characters I have for myself and family are gone. I just hope it gets restored soon, as I emailed them, I don't want to pay for something I can not use! I'm sure all of you feel the same, if you're a subscriber.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
same problem here :( And this is my ex's weekend with the kids so I wasn't going to have to share. lol Please hurry!

Administrator
All characters have now been located and returned to their classrooms! Thank you for your patience and understanding while we fixed this bug.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
Thank you KI for such speedy service. Ok, Mr Lincoln, you can resume your nap now. :)

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
All characters have now been located and returned to their classrooms! Thank you for your patience and understanding while we fixed this bug.

I think we should also be thanking you for the prompt and speedy response to this problem.

My wizards have been returned home and are dancing in the classroom with smiles on their faces - though I have updated my bug report via email - I wonder if anyone else is experiencing their returning wizards wearing novice robes? Are my pets, gold and crowns all intact? Please can you advise me, preferably before my children log into their accounts and discover similar happenings?

Thank you for your very friendly and fast help.