Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Wizard101 being hit by hackers?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Specifically in the dueling area. Today my ice wizard fought a death wizard named, Jason (no last name), and we both put up a good battle shielding and attacking and what not until Im pretty sure we both ran out of cards. We passed for about 3 turns until all of a sudden the rankings menu that comes at the end says that he made a victory and I lost 16 points. I had not fled, logged off or anything. It just simply counted me as the loser. What happened here?? I like dueling and if people have to amount to cheating, I am not really even willing to play anymore.

Administrator
Young Wizard, you answered your own question.

You ran out of cards.

Once a player runs out of cards, they are unable to cast and are forced to take a loss in the match. This occurs in both PvP and regular duels. Your opponent either had a reshuffle card or was not out of cards, and therefore was able to continue to cast, and won the match.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

You ran out of cards.

Once a player runs out of cards, they are unable to cast and are forced to take a loss in the match. This occurs in both PvP and regular duels. Your opponent either had a reshuffle card or was not out of cards, and therefore was able to continue to cast, and won the match.
But that happened to one of my teammates one time and he never did anything just kept on casting spells. Then all of a sudden on the next turn, he dies for no reason. he had full health, still had a lot of cards and nobody was attacking him. How did he die?

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
Oh and when i kept using sacrifice on him he just died again on the same turn i healed him i mean BAM! right when i heal him it says DEFEATED! again

Survivor
May 03, 2009
That's happend to me too. I was in MooShu, and i went to Farm Jade Oni. I went into battle, and the second turn it just randomly said "Defeted"

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

You ran out of cards.

I've never ran out of cards before on Caroline Sunbright (I have on Mariah Waterwalker), I've ran low on cards before though.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Taco5754 wrote:
That's happend to me too. I was in MooShu, and i went to Farm Jade Oni. I went into battle, and the second turn it just randomly said "Defeted"
Same thing happened to me but another glitch happened and jade oni used CENTAUR and seraph every turn

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Seems to me that the system is jumping ahead a little.
Like the game gets bored of a perticular battle and instead of
letting you finish the battle, it just ends it. :x

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
well this when she happend to my friend. when she was casting judgment it fizziled, tryed again fizziled again fizzeled maby thre are hakers p.s black mantel was not casted on her thoese three times

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
mimi4566 wrote:
well this when she happend to my friend. when she was casting judgment it fizziled, tryed again fizziled again fizzeled maby thre are hakers p.s black mantel was not casted on her thoese three times

I'm sorry but that was just bad luck, not hackers.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
i have a good glitch it is like when i am pvp and i die it gives me 129 more health every time so it is very helpful to me :-D

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
This happened to me in DS, I was fighting a boss and on youtube at the same time and I had full health and then all of a sudden, I am back at the basilica saying I lost!!!!!!!!?????????

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Whats annoying is that people are threatening to hack other peoples account. My good friend won a battle against this one girl and she said "its time to hack" and then I talked to her and she threatened to hack me. I've had this happen to me before when someone threatens to hack me, but this just scares me a lot.

Firefrog16 wrote:
Whats annoying is that people are threatening to hack other peoples account. My good friend won a battle against this one girl and she said "its time to hack" and then I talked to her and she threatened to hack me. I've had this happen to me before when someone threatens to hack me, but this just scares me a lot.

This is why there's a 'REPORT' button!

If you are being threatened in the game, please use the REPORT button. Just click on the character or their name in the chat window and the Friends panel will appear. Click the REPORT button and enter info that you were threatened.

Then select the IGNORE button to never hear from that player again.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.