Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gift giving and Gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I am currently doing allot of testing in the test realm and recently herd that gift giving will only be for crowns when the update is released. Now i am a subscriber and a crown buyer but are you serious. This is by far the best concept with the updates is the ability for once to be able to share stuff with my friends. Now i understand the whole farming thing but is it worth it to KI to neglect the free players and the "poor" players? They are a large portion of the game too. Either limit it to perminate purchases for the mounts for gifting or atleast make it for true frinds.

Now anyone or people who want to farm for a week to get 10$ for selling a mount to someone in real world tradeing is crazy. If that were the case they would make accounts and get the gold at same time and sell the account in which you cant stop.

Defender
May 24, 2009
Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
I for one hope that gifting never makes it out of the test realm, at least in the version that they currently have. The begging and whining on the test realm is out of control and once that hits the general population is will be worse. Add to that the scamming that people are "testing" now. If you buy this, I'll give you that. It's bad enough that we have the treasure card beggars all over the place, this will ruin the game. Yes, it would be great to have a system to exchange goods with other people but this isn't it.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I agree the mount beggars have started already, I thought I would keep my gift giving among *family* though when I recieved gold from my daughter, it won't let me redeem the gold even though the gift box is there and I can see I have a gift of gold. These new changes are FULL of bugs, in my opinion KI rushed this off of test onto game way too fast!

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
CharmedII wrote:
I agree the mount beggars have started already, I thought I would keep my gift giving among *family* though when I recieved gold from my daughter, it won't let me redeem the gold even though the gift box is there and I can see I have a gift of gold. These new changes are FULL of bugs, in my opinion KI rushed this off of test onto game way too fast!

I agree, I found out about the new testing server being open a few weeks ago and only had one log in session before surprise to me when I tried to log in to the test realm for the second time, IT had already been
switched over to live servers! Wow that was a fast testing run.
I think Lydia Greyrose the Ice Teacher said this to me during my questing; Haste Makes Waste young Wizard.